Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

All of the price drops for a single flight should be in a single TF since it gets called up by the confirmation number. But yes, you can combine exactly like you describe, I've posted detailed instructions a couple of times in this thread. Be sure to wait two days to cancel the consolidation flight, just to be sure they don't refund it back to the original TF.
My experience has been that every price drop is a separate TF, even for the same flight. Even though they’re all pulled up by one confirmation number, they populate separately as confirmation number followed by -01, -02, etc. I tried calling to book and they saw them as separate TFs as well and couldn’t combine so I had to combine by purchasing an inexpensive flight.

I believe the carry on and personal items include all ticketed passengers. If your toddler has their own seat, then yes, they do. I flew when my daughters were 2 and 4 and they both had backpacks and rolling bags that they brought on board since we did not want to check any bags.
Thank you! She’s two so I guessed that would be the case but wasn’t sure since she probably won’t be pulling it herself or carrying her bag herself (6:30am flight😬).

That will be nice since pretty much everything for her should fit in a carry on.

My experience has been that every price drop is a separate TF, even for the same flight. Even though they’re all pulled up by one confirmation number, they populate separately as confirmation number followed by -01, -02, etc. I tried calling to book and they saw them as separate TFs as well and couldn’t combine so I had to combine by purchasing an inexpensive flight.
I had the same experience.

Thank you! She’s two so I guessed that would be the case but wasn’t sure since she probably won’t be pulling it herself or carrying her bag herself (6:30am flight😬).

That will be nice since pretty much everything for her should fit in a carry on.
My experience is the same. The 8 price drops have all been with 2 flights but they show as 8 separate amounts in each of our travel amounts. I also found that you can't really pick and choose which flight credit the system selects so I need to call SW to book if I want the system to pull the 2 most valuable travel credits.

My experience is the same. The 8 price drops have all been with 2 flights but they show as 8 separate amounts in each of our travel amounts. I also found that you can't really pick and choose which flight credit the system selects so I need to call SW to book if I want the system to pull the 2 most valuable travel credits.
Actually last time I booked with a bunch of credits to pick from (I had 6) I figured out you can pick. The system automatically picks 2, but if you "deselect" one by clicking on it you can pick a different one (if I remember correctly the others were previously grayed out? Its been a few months, I don't completely remember). Thing is, once you deselect a credit it disappears from the list, kind of freaked me out at first, I thought it was gone for good. But after I finished the transaction I looked back in my account and the 4 unused ones were all still there. HTH

I feel dumb asking but I could not find the date when the next flights open up. Where do they put it now? I saw someone mention it is on the book a flight page but I couldn’t find it there or anywhere

I feel dumb asking but I could not find the date when the next flights open up. Where do they put it now? I saw someone mention it is on the book a flight page but I couldn’t find it there or anywhere
We are currently accepting air reservations through March 6, 2024.
On August 3, 2023 we will open our schedule for sale through April 8, 2024.
This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

I found this when selecting the departure date, it shows up under the calendar in the little popup.

We are currently accepting air reservations through March 6, 2024.
On August 3, 2023 we will open our schedule for sale through April 8, 2024.
This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

I found this when selecting the departure date, it shows up under the calendar in the little popup.

Thank you I see it now :)

I just earned my first Companion Pass and I am trying to figure out how it works, as far as check-in and I can't locate a clear answer on the SWA site. I just added DH as my companion in my SWA account and then added him to my upcoming flight. It is my understanding that he will board right behind me every time, unless I purchased a Business Select fare. In this case, I purchased Anytime fare, which includes EBCI. I am stumped on his ticket though. Does he automatically get checked in when I do or would we need to check him in separately? Would I ever need to buy him his own EBCI for any reason? We only purchase Anytime fares anymore so we know we will secure a good boarding position.

I just earned my first Companion Pass and I am trying to figure out how it works, as far as check-in and I can't locate a clear answer on the SWA site. I just added DH as my companion in my SWA account and then added him to my upcoming flight. It is my understanding that he will board right behind me every time, unless I purchased a Business Select fare. In this case, I purchased Anytime fare, which includes EBCI. I am stumped on his ticket though. Does he automatically get checked in when I do or would we need to check him in separately? Would I ever need to buy him his own EBCI for any reason? We only purchase Anytime fares anymore so we know we will secure a good boarding position.
The way the system is supposed to work is that the companion will be checked in just ahead of the paid ticket and will get the boarding position directly in front of them. There are some other caveats but that is how it is supposed to work. A couple of people have reported issues where it doesn't work correctly. There is no reason to purchase EBCI for a companion any longer.

The way the system is supposed to work is that the companion will be checked in just ahead of the paid ticket and will get the boarding position directly in front of them. There are some other caveats but that is how it is supposed to work. A couple of people have reported issues where it doesn't work correctly. There is no reason to purchase EBCI for a companion any longer.
It's been my experience this year (6 flights with companion) that my companion has gotten the boarding position directly behind me.

Does he automatically get checked in when I do or would we need to check him in separately?
Agree with others re sequential boarding position but wanted to say, regarding the above portion of your question, you do still have to check him in. You need not do so with any urgency, but you won't be able to access his boarding pass until checking in on his separate confirm number.

Hubby and I both have CPs for two of our kids. I have to go through doing all three confirm numbers in order to load all of our boarding passes into Google Wallet.

Our flights were 900 now 600, so we both have now 150 total with it dropping 3 times to that 600 now. Interesting we can only use two at a time. Guess flying twice in the next year. Wish I could pick reimbursement of how I paid.

Our flights were 900 now 600, so we both have now 150 total with it dropping 3 times to that 600 now. Interesting we can only use two at a time. Guess flying twice in the next year. Wish I could pick reimbursement of how I paid.

I think credits no longer expire. You could book one way flights instead of round trip to use them separately. And some people book a cheap flight that would use 2 of them, then cancel that flight, so you have 1 credit instead of 2.

Actually last time I booked with a bunch of credits to pick from (I had 6) I figured out you can pick. The system automatically picks 2, but if you "deselect" one by clicking on it you can pick a different one (if I remember correctly the others were previously grayed out? Its been a few months, I don't completely remember). Thing is, once you deselect a credit it disappears from the list, kind of freaked me out at first, I thought it was gone for good. But after I finished the transaction I looked back in my account and the 4 unused ones were all still there. HTH
Yes, I've done this as well. You can just deselect the ones you don't want, and then the more valuable ones should 'fill' in the void from deleting. It's a bit of a PITA, but at least you have the ability to select yourself which ones you want to use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter