Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Is this automatic?

No. You have to keep going back and check your flights to see if prices dropped. Then you can rebook and then they'll settle the fare difference. For WGA and WGA+ fares, it comes back as a credit on your account. Anytime fares will refund as cash. Flights booked with points will return as points to the account they came from.

Certain flights like the Saturday or Sunday morning non stops to MCO from my area never go down in price after the release day. I booked 5 minutes after the release and only 2 wanna get away fares were left at that price point Coming home on Wednesday always seems to go down.

I’ve noticed that if a flight from RDU to MCO or reverse goes down it price, it’s in danger of being cancelled. My flights are just too close to Veteran's Day and Thanksgiving to get cheaper.

I don't buy on the day of first release anymore. Better pricing comes down the road.
I still tend to book on release day even though what you’re saying is often correct. I keep a running tally of travel funds as prices go down then apply them next time.

For me there is a calmness having fares booked and not needing to keep a constant eye on the flights and guess when they might be at their lowest.

It means SW constantly has about $50 of my money but it’s worth it for peace of mind.

May not work for everyone but is what works for us.

I still tend to book on release day even though what you’re saying is often correct. I keep a running tally of travel funds as prices go down then apply them next time.

For me there is a calmness having fares booked and not needing to keep a constant eye on the flights and guess when they might be at their lowest.

It means SW constantly has about $50 of my money but it’s worth it for peace of mind.

I could not agree more!! The peace of mind that the ticket is booked for when we want is why we do it when they drop. DS is getting older now but it is still much easier to fly the non stop flights so we grab them when they come out.

I have adjusted my flights in October 3 times in the last week in order to get the points credit. I’m at the point where I’m checking everyday. The flights keep dropping!

I also booked on release day (yesterday) and today one segment dropped $15. The travel funds don’t expire:duck:
so we can use them later. I agree about the calmness that comes over me knowing that we have plans.

I also booked on release day (yesterday) and today one segment dropped $15. The travel funds don’t expire:duck:
so we can use them later. I agree about the calmness that comes over me knowing that we have plans.
I agree! Now that travel funds don't expire, there is zero risk in booking on release day. If you wait, there is a risk that prices will increase. We often travel at peak times of the year and days of the week, so prices very rarely decrease after the release day.

We decided to book anytime for this trip (traveling with kids and want that early boarding position) and our return is sky high. We booked on release - It's the Saturday before Thanksgiving and I am still hoping it will drop at some point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter