Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I was able to get a return flight for my Feb trip using points, but I'm going to use Delta for the trip down as they have much better times. I'm just going to keep an eye on prices.

Just rebooked on points and canceled the cash reservation. Within 24 hours of booking, you can get refunded. Phew. Now to wait for them to change the schedule in December for February 🙄

Booked for our Jan/Feb '23 trip...felt the flight time down from New England was good (non-stop)...trip home from MCO could have been a better time, but still prefer non-stop so took it.
Didn't use points this time (low balance)...the prices, while not great, are somewhat better than what I expected.:)
Happy traveling everyone! :love:

What a flightmare. Couldn't log in. Then got my husband a flight at $195. Over tried my account, so I'm locked out. Was able to book, but at $206 through guest check out. Wanted to use points for me. The introductory price for us is $173. They must have two seats at that price. Booking only one way. Looked at return flights and they are way up, too. Crazy.

Omg that was painful. I saw the flights open at 7:25. Two tries to log into my RR account. But the site was the absolute sloooooowest I have ever seen. Took about 20 minutes to book for 1 person. Then went back in & booked my DH. I used points for mine, cash for his. I have pretty much decided to book business select from now on. I have always paid for EBCI anyway, so the difference in price is not as bad. Plus you get double the RR points. Getting the guaranteed A1-15 is worth it for now. I booked mine with points, paid for his. The prices were higher than our September trip, but with gas prices & winter vacations, not horrible. Times were excellent. Now, as PP said, we wait to see what they get changed to. 🙄

Last edited:
Prices were what we were expecting from PHX-MCO, but our family traveling from SLC and DEN to MCO are really high. Did not expect this high for them. Maybe they will have to fly different airlines

Booked for Feb. Wanted RT to be at least under $400, came it at $444. Ouch, not used to paying that much. Got nonstop and can't complain too much about the times. Now it's time to stalk SW for lower prices. :-)

After months of checking, one of my flights actually did go down today. I need to call to make the change as there are two companions on the reservation and I'm not dealing with the cancel-cancel-rebook-rebook-rebook. But, of course, now I'm trying to get through on the phones with everyone on fare drop day. Oooops!

I was not on my game this morning. I'm going to chalk it up to not being able to log in. I booked manually one way the wrong direction with cash. Then, I panicked and changed it to the correct direction with a large flight credit instead of canceling for refund within 24 hours. To top it off, I transferred some of the flight credit out of desperation to my companion. Ugh. It wasn't pretty. May you all find better fares and great flight times!

I'm having an early morning brain fart...

Can I MODIFY a flight that I booked on points to depart from a different city in order to keep my EBCI??

I am currently booked on a flight from GRR-MCO that connects through MDW. We depart GRR at 12:15pm and land in MCO at 6:35pm. My friend and her family are also flying GRR-MCO on SWA, but they are departing on an earlier flight, also connecting through MDW, but they opted for a 4 1/2 hour layover. They will be landing at MCO at 3:10pm.

Since it is just DD19 and I and we are flying on points, I have been watching the cost of the MDW-MCO leg that my friend and her family are booked on. I am thinking that if the price drops LOWER than what I paid for our GRR-MCO tickets, I could switch us to that flight. We could drive to MDW the day before (it's a 3-hour drive after work, I have Marriott points to cover the hotel and a one-way rental car is $100) and we could get to Orlando 3 hours earlier. For an extra $100, it would be worth it to me to "surprise" my friend AND we could get the extra time at the resort.
Yes, EBCI will follow the flight when you modify, even when changing departure cities.

While we presently don't have a flight to book I was eagerly awaiting this release to see when the next one would be.

We have a Mexico trip April 10th-18th.

Next release right now is

1658410786824.png

*sigh* and I figured this would probably happen based on past releases covering the April time period. We already were thinking of taking one airline down and another on the way back moreso due to schedules but we're now in that boat like others have found themselves in where the trip covers more than one release which I knew was likely but secretly hoped it wouldn't happen. SWA is by far the most flexible in terms of if we need/want to cancel or change flights so it's why we've held out rather than already booking through Delta or some other airline that can get us to Cancun.

Delta doesn't do non-stop from our airport to Cancun but SWA does so does American and Frontier (and Apple and Vacation Express although neither of those two options are even being considered). I've flown American before but can't remember doing Frontier. Delta was reasonable in flight pricing when we checked a while back but having stops is not our preferred method especially as the stops would have us going north then back south, I don't think Atlanta was one of the stops in the flight times that would work.

Ugh, I hate being in this position.

Booked our Disney cruise flights for Feb/Mar. More expensive than has been in the past (double - ouch!) but with the cost of fuel these days I anticipated paying more.

Interesting thought @focusondisney re: Business Class getting priority booking plus earning double points. Might consider that in the future if the price is right and I'm booking EBCI. I don't normally book that but for return flight from cruise I did as we won't have wifi on the ship most likely.

While we presently don't have a flight to book I was eagerly awaiting this release to see when the next one would be.

We have a Mexico trip April 10th-18th.

View attachment 686641

*sigh* and I figured this would probably happen based on past releases covering the April time period. We already were thinking of taking one airline down and another on the way back moreso due to schedules but we're now in that boat like others have found themselves in where the trip covers more than one release which I knew was likely but secretly hoped it wouldn't happen. SWA is by far the most flexible in terms of if we need/want to cancel or change flights so it's why we've held out rather than already booking through Delta or some other airline that can get us to Cancun.

Delta doesn't do non-stop from our airport to Cancun but SWA does so does American and Frontier (and Apple and Vacation Express although neither of those two options are even being considered). I've flown American before but can't remember doing Frontier. Delta was reasonable in flight pricing when we checked a while back but having stops is not our preferred method especially as the stops would have us going north then back south, I don't think Atlanta was one of the stops in the flight times that would work.

Ugh, I hate being in this position.
It's interesting as we're all different. I like when this happens as it gives me more time to save for the return flight and also opens a larger window for reusing funds should the price of the return flight drop.

I'm always excited when the cost of a flight drops but 90% of the time I can't use it as it expires before we fly again. Wish their window was 1 year from the date of the flight booked, not the date of booking. I have travel credits in both of our accounts today but couldn't use them because they expire.

It's interesting as we're all different. I like when this happens as it gives me more time to save for the return flight and also opens a larger window for reusing funds should the price of the return flight drop.

I'm always excited when the cost of a flight drops but 90% of the time I can't use it as it expires before we fly again. Wish their window was 1 year from the date of the flight booked, not the date of booking. I have travel credits in both of our accounts today but couldn't use them because they expire.
Depending on the amount of travel credits you could call and get an extension (well request one that is), I think there's a $100 or so penalty fee taken out of the travel funds. It's been several years since I've known someone doing that so not sure how things are now.

Depending on the cost I think we were going to use points if we flew SWA, sorta depends on how much those are and how much we would earn if doing cash.

I think the issue with our situation is that normally we would just be with SWA but for this trip it may not make sense to do it for both there and back or even at all if the schedules don't work out. Ordinarily if we weren't with SWA it would be because our destination isn't serviced by SWA but this one is so it's more just we'd like to have this booked lol. We also have others going, up to 5 others besides us, and while no one is required to be on the same flight/airline as us we know that would be the preference so it's also giving others the information too.

1658410786824.png
I knew someone here would have this!!! Thanks. I'm needing to book for end of March. Idk why I'm doing Disney at Spring break...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter