Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

That is very concerning to me. I got a card in November and should be getting the 50,000 + 50,000 points this month as I have spent the $12k already. My email from Chase doesn't say anything about any bonus points. It only lists the $75 credit, the upgraded boardings, the anniversary points, etc. I think the bonus points were listed on the SW website when I signed up, but it's not there anymore. I can't find any email from SW Rapid Rewards about the card.

Do you have the Chase App? Hubby and I are both working on the 50k+50k bonus. In the app, once you've selected the card, scan down past your transactions and there should be a section called "Your new account bonus" with a tracker of how close you are to the bonus. At first, it tracks you up to $2k for the first points dump, then it converts over to $12k for the second points dump. Mine won't hit until later this month, but I can see that I hit the $12k for the bonus.

Do you have the Chase App? Hubby and I are both working on the 50k+50k bonus. In the app, once you've selected the card, scan down past your transactions and there should be a section called "Your new account bonus" with a tracker of how close you are to the bonus. At first, it tracks you up to $2k for the first points dump, then it converts over to $12k for the second points dump. Mine won't hit until later this month, but I can see that I hit the $12k for the bonus.
Thanks! On the app I do see my tracker says “Congratulations” on earning the bonus for $12,000. When I tap “See rewards details” it says that I have 110,000 points pending. So all seems good hopefully.

Wow! Looks like flights between BWI and Mco have jumped since yesterday! The flight I booked yesterday for $99 is $158 this morning. Flights for last 2 wks of March and all of April back up to $158

Maybe I missed it but did Southwest discontinue nonstops from Philadelphia to Orlando ? Just checked August and September - not one nonstop listed...

Maybe I missed it but did Southwest discontinue nonstops from Philadelphia to Orlando ? Just checked August and September - not one nonstop listed...
They presently still have them according to their website but I do believe not too long ago someone was looking at late August and didn't see good options for PHL. FWIW I do see there are some non-stops in August and September at least departing from PHL so perhaps it's just the days you're looking at that's not an option.

Good morning everyone!

So our February trip seems to be up in the air. I am not willing to spend thousands of dollars on an 11 day trip just to end up with covid halfway through, and it really be a few days of enjoyment and the rest quarantine. I'm still hesitant to cancel the whole thing out, because there is the chance we all get covid here before the trip and wouldn't have to worry while there.

In trying to figure out our options, one of them is shortening the trip length with the hopes that if we got sick it would be after we got back home.

Thinking ahead, I purchased all returnable flight tickets. Has anyone ever purchased more than one return flight as insurance, and then canceled the one you didn't need? Right now, if I booked an alternate return flight it would be the same price as our current return flight. And then when we decided what type of trip (or any trip) to still take, we could cancel the one we don't need. Thoughts??

Good morning everyone!

So our February trip seems to be up in the air. I am not willing to spend thousands of dollars on an 11 day trip just to end up with covid halfway through, and it really be a few days of enjoyment and the rest quarantine. I'm still hesitant to cancel the whole thing out, because there is the chance we all get covid here before the trip and wouldn't have to worry while there.

In trying to figure out our options, one of them is shortening the trip length with the hopes that if we got sick it would be after we got back home.

Thinking ahead, I purchased all returnable flight tickets. Has anyone ever purchased more than one return flight as insurance, and then canceled the one you didn't need? Right now, if I booked an alternate return flight it would be the same price as our current return flight. And then when we decided what type of trip (or any trip) to still take, we could cancel the one we don't need. Thoughts??
I booked both SWA with points and Delta with cash for our May trip. I was able to get better deals and continued to watch prices and it turned out that our best flights and prices are SWA down and Delta back. I had never double booked our flights before but it was no big deal as I got both points and cash back!

Good luck!

Thanks. I checked everyday from 8/1 to 9/5 and the only day they have nonstops is Saturday. And they aren't bargains...
Why would you expect them to be bargains? That's the height of the summer flying season going up to the start of schools and a holiday weekend. Unless there is great competition SW has gone up to the same prices as the legacies in many markets.
Many business flyers did this in the before times. As long as the flights aren't on the same day you should be alright, how would you decide if you were going to take the earlier flight vs the later one? I think the difference in exposure for 5 days vs 10 days is going to be negligible, if you're willing to take the trip at all I'd say go for the whole thing.

Good morning everyone!

I have booked flights on different days, until plans solidified before.

Given that, I still don't understand why they would cancel the nonstops. Anybody know if Chepak is on the SW Board...
Because they don't have the pilots or flight attendants to staff all of the planes. 15,000 employees took leave during the pandemic, if 20 percent didn't come back, that would be 3,000 employees. I'd much rather have them cut the schedule than have a repeat of the disaster that happened a couple months back where folks couldn't get out of MCO for 4 days.

Given that, I still don't understand why they would cancel the nonstops. Anybody know if Chepak is on the SW Board...
Here's a snippet from what came about for my airport KCI for summer travel
"Their flight schedule for June, July and August shows confidence that air travel is returning to normal after two years of depressed demand.
According to data provided by the Kansas City Aviation Department, Southwest’s seat capacity is up 24% from the same period in 2021. But its summer schedule remains 14% below the same three months during the pre-pandemic year of 2019. Although future flights are subject to change, the airline’s overall schedule at KCI currently shows about 814,100 seats across 5,414 flights during the summer of 2022. This year (meaning 2021 as the information is from early December 2021), it only offered 4,087 flights out of KCI with a seating capacity of nearly 617,700. Before the pandemic, Southwest offered more than 948,200 seats on 96 flights during the months of June, July and August 2019."

SWA is KCI's largest carrier.

However SWA did cut several routes with this last release from KCI.

If I had to guess they are restructuring routes and has opted to concentrate non-stop to Saturdays mostly for the summer for PHL. The information from KCI I posted just to show while they are amping up travel (a good sign) it's still not there yet in rebounding fully.

Because they don't have the pilots or flight attendants to staff all of the planes. 15,000 employees took leave during the pandemic, if 20 percent didn't come back, that would be 3,000 employees. I'd much rather have them cut the schedule than have a repeat of the disaster that happened a couple months back where folks couldn't get out of MCO for 4 days.
I'm not sure it's entirely that. SWA has been routinely adding back routes, some being purely seasonal but others just being added again. If it was a staffing issue primarily they would be reducing routes completely and reducing the number of flights going out. As is when I look at PHL for the other poster's question they appear to have plenty of staff to operate a good amount of flights with connections per day so I'm guessing it's more to do with profitability and seeing that they can pick up travelers in those connection points while concentrating on Saturdays being their more heavy non-stop routes likely seeing that Saturdays can still routinely sell enough seats to make a non-stop (and 4 of them which is a good amount IMO) more worthwhile.

Why would you expect them to be bargains? That's the height of the summer flying season going up to the start of schools and a holiday weekend. Unless there is great competition SW has gone up to the same prices as the legacies in many markets.

Many business flyers did this in the before times. As long as the flights aren't on the same day you should be alright, how would you decide if you were going to take the earlier flight vs the later one? I think the difference in exposure for 5 days vs 10 days is going to be negligible, if you're willing to take the trip at all I'd say go for the whole thing.
The extra cannot be in the middle of a round trip, The computer might drop it. If it is before or after a RT, it should be ok.
Also you cannot book 2 fights on the same day.

Last edited:
The extra cannot be in the middle of a round trip, The computer might drop it. If it is a the beginning or end it should be ok.
I seem to remember a few years back them cracking down on this where people would have more than one flight a day booked or where like you said it's something in the middle. I think SWA's system is more designed now to see that as a placeholder position rather than an intended flight you will actually be utilizing.

We are booked 1/31-2/10 right now. If we were exposed on day 3, and sick by day 6, half our trip would be us sitting in a hotel room sick.
I am considering moving it to 2/6-2-12. If we are exposed in a similar time frame, we wouldn't be sick until we got back. Of course, neither scenario takes into account that we could be exposed before we even board to go down there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter