Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I did go in and change my flight. I leave one hour later than I had originally planned but get to Orlando 2 hours earlier than going with the non-direct flight SWA had changed me to.

I feel like I should have gotten some credit on my flight though. I guess with everything up in the air they aren't giving credits for flight cost differences? Or maybe it's because this is the second time I've changed it since the original flights I had were for May and now it's October.

I did go in and change my flight. I leave one hour later than I had originally planned but get to Orlando 2 hours earlier than going with the non-direct flight SWA had changed me to.

I feel like I should have gotten some credit on my flight though. I guess with everything up in the air they aren't giving credits for flight cost differences? Or maybe it's because this is the second time I've changed it since the original flights I had were for May and now it's October.
If the new flight has a lower fare, you can cancel the flight you don’t want, then use the funds or points to book the new, lower-priced flight. When the banner shows, it will allow you to change to a more expensive flight, at no additional cost, but the system won’t give you a credit for lower fare, under the original confirmation number..

They have some of the oddest routes. Cle - Nashville goes to Houston then to St. Louis then to Nashville. Or another route is Cle - MDW - DTW _ BNA.

The reality is that these strange routes are system generated - they haven't been created by a human. Schedules are set to maximize the usage of aircraft, and are generally established to accommodate the most typical routes and city pairs. Once the basic structure is set, the system calculates all possible routes between any two points (within some parameters- like no more than 2 stops and getting there the same day). Hence some really weird routings.

Something similar happens when a flight is canceled. The system attempts to rebook into a new flight with "similar" characteristics. From my experience, that seems to be a flight at a similar departure time, or, if that's not possible, at a similar arrival time. Of course, the system doesn't know why you chose that original flight and typically "chooses poorly".

Steve

with our departing SW flight the only thing that had changed in the past 3 months was the time by 15 minutes, then today BAM it went to a layover in Baltimore. So I was not having it, cancelled and rebooked nonstop with JB for 25!
I'm waiting for this to happen to me for Oct. So far outgoing flight moved 1/2 hour and incoming moved 1 hr but both still non-stop to/from PIT. JB is not an option from here.

They changed my SNA-DEN-PIT to a 7 1/2 hour layover in Las Vegas! Strange thing is there was a Denver flight leaving 30 minutes later that would work. It looked really strange, it was like SNA-LAS and then LAS-PIT but not looking like a connection. It said I had to call. I looked at the other flight through Denver and it was less points, so I just cancelled it and rebooked. $91 each way or 5958 points!

If memory serves, SW was the airline that once returned flight results that had us leaving IAD/DC going to Denver then to BWI/DC before arriving at MCO. IAD very rarely has any direct SW flights to MCO but I thought it funny they were bringing us back to a DC airport.

We have several flights booked in late September and in October. Over the last two days, every flight has been changed. A couple actually worked out better for us but a couple were also those crazy routes like those posted above. I was able to go in and change the crazy routes to one's that worked better with no issue.

They tried to move us from MDW-MCO to MCO-DFW-BWI-MCO.
luckily there were other good options for direct
MIne wasn't that bad, MDW-MCO became MDW-BNA-MCO. Switched that real quick to another nonstop MDW-MCO that left two hours later than my original flight. The system changed me from a 0500 take off to an 0600 that landed at 1050 when there was another non stop that landed at 1025.

MIne wasn't that bad, MDW-MCO became MDW-BNA-MCO. Switched that real quick to another nonstop MDW-MCO that left two hours later than my original flight. The system changed me from a 0500 take off to an 0600 that landed at 1050 when there was another non stop that landed at 1025.
Was this recent? I am flying out of MDW this Friday?

Anyone know if a face shield is ok on the flight? We looked it up but it is unclear.
This what the website states:

• Customers will be required to wear a face covering over their nose and mouth at all times during their Southwest travel experience—while checking in, boarding, while in flight, deplaning, retrieving baggage; and any other time they may engage with a Southwest Employee or another Customer. Customers are required to wear a face covering in order to board the plane.

It is slightly uncertain, as no specific types of face coverings are spelled out. For a definitive answer, I would call or ask on Twitter or FB.

This what the website states:

It is slightly uncertain, as no specific types of face coverings are spelled out. For a definitive answer, I would call or ask on Twitter or FB.
Thanks that's what we found just wondered if anyone had personal experience. We'll probably end up calling to find out.

Thanks that's what we found just wondered if anyone had personal experience. We'll probably end up calling to find out.

This is on the FAQ page:

D545CE57-12F3-4BF4-966A-3197AB301323.jpeg

Again, face shields in addition to a mask would be fine. Not instead of a mask because a shield does not contain any virus you exhale into the air. A face shield would protect your eyes, but does not protect others from you. A shield does not cover your mouth & nose in the intended way.

This is on the FAQ page:

View attachment 513656

Again, face shields in addition to a mask would be fine. Not instead of a mask because a shield does not contain any virus you exhale into the air. A face shield would protect your eyes, but does not protect others from you. A shield does not cover your mouth & nose in the intended way.
I'm a nurse. I know exactly what masks do and don't do. I only asked if they were acceptable not for opinions on if they work or not. We'll have to call and ask. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter