Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

So my oldest DD has some travel funds but not RR. If she becomes a RR member now, will she be able to convert them to RR when they start allowing this, or is it too late?
One more bit of advice - make sure that the funds are linked to your DD’s RR account. You may need Southwest’s help to do that. I know how you can link a flight, whether or not it has yet been flown, but not funds, Sorry that I can’t offer more.

2nd flight change in less than a week re PIT-MCO. Even more have happened re our August trip but they’ve seemed to settle upon a scheduled (knock on wood) for that time frame.

This time, our sept/oct trip. I’m not complaining. Just made the reservation last Friday on a hunch they’d be changing up the flights. Booked the cheapest NS that worked at the time.

Now, booked on flights that would’ve originally cost more than double the price. Knock on wood things hold together :)

Reminds me of how AirTran operated, frequently changing flight times/permissable rebooking to pricer flights. If truth be told, preferred them prior to the acquisition. Sure hope that isn’t a bad omen.

Quick question- I think I know the answer but wanted to ask the experts. We booked a trip in January and invited our neighbor boys to join us. We had planned on spending a week doing the Disney water parks in July. Clearly, that isn't happening, we switched to a week in Clearwater and have now decided we are going to postpone the trip. We paid for flights for 7 people (3 kids that aren't ours) if we cancel the credit would go in the name of the ticketed passenger correct? It wouldn't come as a total credit for future use. Meaning we would be out the 3 tickets for kids that aren't ours.
If southwest cancels or even changes my flight time i could get a full refund right?
We are scheduled to fly on July 10th. If I understand it correctly we are better off waiting until the last minute hoping that SW makes an adjustment or cancels than I am getting a credit correct?

Thank you for your input. Yes we paid for the tickets- we got a steal on them and we figured it would be cheaper than getting 2 hotels rooms and trying to feed 5 teenage boys. Not to mention my sanity! Hopefully we will have options. It is good to know that we have the option of converting to points.

More September bookings, thru end of September, are now available for change w/o fare increase. The change window is 30 days. This offer normally only lasts about three days, from the time the offer becomes available; if you have an interest in changing your flight or travel date, it's always a good idea not to delay in making the change, before the ability to do so disappears.

Ugh I too noticed the red banner again on my September flight. I really hope it doesn’t change again - it didn’t last time but did the previous time they offered flight changes.

More September bookings, thru end of September, are now available for change w/o fare increase. The change window is 30 days. This offer normally only lasts about three days, from the time the offer becomes available; if you have an interest in changing your flight or travel date, it's always a good idea not to delay in making the change, before the ability to do so disappears.
I received an email last night and our flight home has been removed. We’ve been moved to another flight 2 hours earlier and still direct so it works for us.

The challenge I’m having is that IF our trip even happens, it’s now too long of a trip but Disney is not allowing number of days if a trip to be adjusted. We have a 9 night trip booked which is normally ideal but with so many reduced offerings I think we’re going to be spending a ton of time in our room. We have the PH+ option booked and originally had 3 water park days in our schedule. There is no talk of when Disney will open its water parks. It’s also unclear if we’ll be able to go to a different resort for a QS meal or if all our non-park meals will be at our resort? That could be a lot of meals from o e food court.

Anyway, thanks for the tip to move our flights if we wish while the opportunity is there. Hopefully others can take advantage of the change window! Our flights can be moved and normally I would shorten our trip but I would jeopardize the Disney portion of our trip so I’m keeping what I have booked for now.

Can a minor have a RR account? If we don’t go in Sept, it would be great if I could turn DGSs travel funds into points so anybody could use them. Assuming of course SWA is gonna get that up & running.

Can a minor have a RR account? If we don’t go in Sept, it would be great if I could turn DGSs travel funds into points so anybody could use them. Assuming of course SWA is gonna get that up & running.
Yes. My daughter has had a RR account since she was old enough that I was buying her her own ticket so I guess that would be 2 years old?

Supposed to fly out of Bradley (CT) on 7/27 into MCO (hoping travel restriction is released by then). Wondering what the mask situation is at MCO. I believe they’re now required in Orange County but wondering if people are abiding by it at the airport. I’m not worried about Disney, I fee like they’ll be making sure people stick to keeping them on, so I’m mostly concerned about being in the airport and on the plane (Southwest) and people not complying.
I've flown SW in May and June. Not many people were flying in May. On the plane, it depended upon the crew as to enforcement. In June, the requirement seemed to be enforced more. Regardless, many people were wearing them in flight. But there were always those few who would try to pull their mask down to their chin and so forth. One thing to keep in mind, you are allowed to bring food and drink aboard and do not have to wear masks while eating.

As for the airport, not everyone wears their mask. The airports are not as crowded, so you can socially distance yourself if needed by moving to another seat. Most people were wearing masks while walking through the airport.

These were my experiences. YMMV

... it would be great if I could turn DGSs travel funds into points so anybody could use them.

While I have confidence that SW will eventually implement the ability to convert Travel Funds to points, be aware that points are still controlled by the account they sit in, and most importantly

Points used to book a flight CANNOT come from more than ONE account. You can't combine points.

You CAN transfer points from one account to another, but SW charges a $5 fee (real cash) per every 500 points transferred. There is also a minimum number of points (2000) that can be transferred, and points can only be transferred in 500 point increments. So pulling points together from several accounts, may become costly, and you may still be left with small amounts of points in each account that you may not be able to use when you want to.

Steve

All things to consider prior to making any moves. Of course if we actually go, it will be a moot point.
Additionally, the funds came from LUV vouchers we received back in February for a delay issue ($600 worth). So if we leave a little bit on the table, not gonna worry about it.

Last edited:
I've flown SW in May and June. Not many people were flying in May. On the plane, it depended upon the crew as to enforcement. In June, the requirement seemed to be enforced more. Regardless, many people were wearing them in flight. But there were always those few who would try to pull their mask down to their chin and so forth. One thing to keep in mind, you are allowed to bring food and drink aboard and do not have to wear masks while eating.

As for the airport, not everyone wears their mask. The airports are not as crowded, so you can socially distance yourself if needed by moving to another seat. Most people were wearing masks while walking through the airport.

These were my experiences. YMMV
Thanks for the info!

While I have confidence that SW will eventually implement the ability to convert Travel Funds to points, be aware that points are still controlled by the account they sit in, and most importantly

Points used to book a flight CANNOT come from more than ONE account. You can't combine points.

You CAN transfer points from one account to another, but SW charges a $5 fee (real cash) per every 500 points transferred. There is also a minimum number of points (2000) that can be transferred, and points can only be transferred in 500 point increments. So pulling points together from several accounts, may become costly, and you may still be left with small amounts of points in each account that you may not be able to use when you want to.

Steve
You can book reservations for anyone with your points though. If you wind up cancelling the flight, the points revert back to your account.

we flew allegiant after Memorial Day, masks were not required, nor were middle seats unassigned. Surprise, ugh. DH & I were among the few wearing them.

Since he is a veteran, I asked for comp’d exit row both ways & they complied. Figured people would be less likely to pay for the upgrade, score. At least we had some social distancing.

We fly to DisneyWorld on the 19th---Do you believe the flights will be more crowded now and I should utilize early bird? There are five of us traveling...Also, I know they have the "no middle seat" policy---but if it's a family member, are you able to use the middle seat?

My son and GF flew from Houston to Indiana yesterday. Boarded by boarding groups but 10 at a time- A1-10, A11-29 etc

No middle seats (I believe if family you can sit next to each) other but they left middle seat open. The got a bag with assortment of snacks and only serving water in cups on flight.

Houston airport they said people wore masks but Indianapolis it’s not mandatory yet so some didn’t (Marion county is making mandatory in public this week). They both wore until in car!

Just update for anyone interested from yesterday flying SW experience.

We fly to DisneyWorld on the 19th---Do you believe the flights will be more crowded now and I should utilize early bird? There are five of us traveling...Also, I know they have the "no middle seat" policy---but if it's a family member, are you able to use the middle seat?

Yes, families can sit together with the middle seat. I don't know if the flight will be crowded or not, but it makes me feel better that they are leaving middle seats open so we won't have to sit with strangers.

Southwest only is selling 2/3 of the normal capacity (leaving the middle seats open, unless a group traveling together wishes to sit together). You can try to search availability for your flights by looking for 8, which is the most you can book under one reservation. If it will allow you to book that number, it means that at least 8 seats are available; so, there would be at least 8 seats open, in addition to the 1/3 capacity blocked seats.

FYI, they are also keeping the first 2 or 3 rows, as well as the last couple of rows, blocked for flight attendant seating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter