Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

#1 - If they pick you up at 4am, you will surely be at the airport by 5, if delayed 5:30. You will be just fine. Walking across the airport is not that bad. You do NOT need to print boarding passes. You can do all of that on your phone.

#2 - Sold out flights. Many of those that show sold out are due to schedule shuffling. In many cases, they are "blocking" sale so they can move people to your flight from cancelled flights.

#3 - WHEN are you traveling?

We have 10 flights on WN between now and late June. We have no worry about flights.

Southwest has 4,000 flights per day. They will get your there.

I’m traveling with 4 other people, so no mobile boarding passes, right? Otherwise I’d love to not have to worry about printing.
I traveled to and from MCO mid March when all the Max planes were grounded. Neither one of my planes were Max, yet I was given the chance to reschedule my flights. Was hoping for that this time around, mostly because I like the later morning flight. But not worth the points to switch it on my own at this point.

And my travel date back from MCO is on Tuesday May 21st.

I’m traveling with 4 other people, so no mobile boarding passes, right? Otherwise I’d love to not have to worry about printing.
I traveled to and from MCO mid March when all the Max planes were grounded. Neither one of my planes were Max, yet I was given the chance to reschedule my flights. Was hoping for that this time around, mostly because I like the later morning flight. But not worth the points to switch it on my own at this point.

You can print the passes when you self check the luggage at MCO. It’s easy.

As mentioned, Flightaware is a great site.

And, if traveling with 4 people...everyone needs a boarding pass. They can all have them on their phone.

And, if you are checking bags, printing a boarding pass and luggage tags takes about 1 minute. At the airport.

If you are checking in online or paid for EarlyBird check-in, anyone at the front desk of your resort will gladly print your boarding passes for you at T-24. You just need to give them your confirmation number(s) and passenger names.

If you are checking in online or paid for EarlyBird check-in, anyone at the front desk of your resort will gladly print your boarding passes for you at T-24. You just need to give them your confirmation number(s) and passenger names.
I’ve been reading the front desk can print, but I’ve also been reading sometimes the boarding passes printed at the front desk don’t scan well at the airport.

I’ve been reading the front desk can print, but I’ve also been reading sometimes the boarding passes printed at the front desk don’t scan well at the airport.
I have sometimes had poor-quality print-offs from the RAC desk, when I drop my bags at the resort, but never from the front desk. I suppose they can always be low on printer ink, etc., but I personally never had a problem with BPs from the front desk. As a matter of fact, one time I asked the front desk to reprint the BP, as the one from RAC was barely legible.

I have sometimes had poor-quality print-offs from the RAC desk, when I drop my bags at the resort, but never from the front desk. I suppose they can always be low on printer ink, etc., but I personally never had a problem with BPs from the front desk. As a matter of fact, one time I asked the front desk to reprint the BP, as the one from RAC was barely legible.
Good to know.. thank you!

STOP

THERE IS ALMOST ZERO REASON TO PRINT BOARDING PASSES AT HOTEL.

Yes, I am yelling.

If you are checking bags, there is one simple, little easy step to also print boarding passes right there.
(or just have them on your phone)

NO REASON TO DO PRINTED BOARDING PASSES AT HOTEL.

NONE
ZIP
ZERO

People go to the front desk to print boarding passes...

giphy.gif

:rotfl2::rotfl::laughing::lmao::laughing::rotfl::rotfl2:

STOP

THERE IS ALMOST ZERO REASON TO PRINT BOARDING PASSES AT HOTEL.

Yes, I am yelling.

If you are checking bags, there is one simple, little easy step to also print boarding passes right there.
(or just have them on your phone)

NO REASON TO DO PRINTED BOARDING PASSES AT HOTEL.

NONE
ZIP
ZERO
For those who do not check bags at the airport or feel more comfortable having a paper boarding pass with all travel docs before arriving at airport, it is a one minute process at front desk. I have been a fairly frequent flyer thru the years and get a mobile BP, but I always want that paper BP, as well, when I board ME. Until this unstable period of last-minute cancellations changes, I want to have something in writing showing my flight’s active status/gate, before heading to airport, so that if there is a problem, I will have something in-hand when calling/tweeting Southwest. For those with physical limitations or extra family in tow, it also makes things easier.

To each their own.

Got an email over night that our flight on May 21 (the one marked SOLD OUT) has been changed to an earlier time. We now have a stop instead of direct which isn't ideal but I guess we'll deal with it. Glad they notified us finally and didn't wait until 5 days before the flight like some others have reported.

Wow! I’m amazed they gave you that much notice.

We also just got a notification that our flight home from Ft. Myers (heading there after Disney) on May 8th has been cancelled and they moved us to an earlier flight. Guess they are working ahead.

Got an email over night that our flight on May 21 (the one marked SOLD OUT) has been changed to an earlier time. We now have a stop instead of direct which isn't ideal but I guess we'll deal with it. Glad they notified us finally and didn't wait until 5 days before the flight like some others have reported.

We also just got a notification that our flight home from Ft. Myers (heading there after Disney) on May 8th has been cancelled and they moved us to an earlier flight. Guess they are working ahead.

These are very encouraging updates! Not encouraging that your flights were changed, of course, but encouraging that they're starting to make more permanent decisions and get things organized further ahead which will help ALL of us feel more at ease.

These are very encouraging updates! Not encouraging that your flights were changed, of course, but encouraging that they're starting to make more permanent decisions and get things organized further ahead which will help ALL of us feel more at ease.

I agree. I am happy to hear they are working this far ahead of schedule. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for my flights and hope if anything changes, it's done enough ahead of time that I don't have to stress about it during my vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter