Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Prices were awful as expected, though not much worse than last Thanksgiving, but I was actually pleased with the nonstop options. I had four nonstop options each way and got with times I wanted. Now I just have to hope there are no changes.

Wow. WGA for two passengers...round trip non stop Midway to MCO...12/1-12/8....Including Early Boarding....$732.00. Sign of the times I guess.

Prices looked about what they have been for us from PHX-MCO. The only thing that I notice is that some flights are already almost booked up so next release, when my trip is, I will need to be on early that morning

Flights booked for Thanksgiving and I'm pleased! All done on points and less than it was for us to fly at the same time in 2019, even with me springing for the Anytime over WGA.

I don’t think they offered them for all dates. I’m going to Aulani for Thanksgiving and they didn’t have any WGA or WGA+ for that week. It was painful to buy full-priced tickets.
I've never not seen a fare class on SWA not be offered. Sold out? Yes but not offered? No

It's not how SWA operates

Keep in mind they've been doing a lot of adjusting this year (so fares may show unavailable but then available again) and typically at least on release day fares can be slow to load

Right now SWA sent me that bonus for 7x on SW purchases. If I were to purchase points on their website, does it come up under that 7x or the 5x other travel purchases?

Got my RDU-MCO booked for November. Wasn't bad points/price wise, but the ONLY direct is now 3:25pm! I thought 11:30am was bad. I booked since I can cancel, but we've now gone from a park day + the MVMCP to probably arriving late for the MVMCP! We can do a connecting flight that arrives around noon, but that introduces more risk I think.

Boy I miss those early direct flights from RDU!

Well fares between BWI - MCO are exactly what I expected...🙁

Sky high fares (Expected) AND no non stops from PHL? PASS

Yeah, I couldn't find anything out of Philly nonstop, either. I found cheap flights from DCA, but that's traveling all the way into The District, blah. Well, Baltimore, here I go in January. Now to hope the fare drops.

Gosh darn it, SW, give me back my nonstop PHL-MCO!!!!!!!

We settled on BWI-MCO for our November trip. I'm so freaking annoyed, but the drive-flight is faster, cheaper, and less hassle than connecting. Both the flights I booked this morning were higher than I was hoping AND are already more expensive 90 minutes later.

Of course, they start eliminating the PHL flights the year that we go all in on SW credit cards to earn two companion passes. Hubby has AA miles, but having two kids fly free each time at SW is a huge points saving compared to having to book 5 AA flights.

Changing the URL? Absolutely brilliant. I had never thought of that before. I just tried that and was able to snag the last 4 low Wanna Get Away seats for my travel dates. The calendar to select dates was still not allowing selection into the new window and I had my tickets in hand. You just saved me hundreds. Thank you. :worship:
You are welcome. I have also found by using the low fare calendar instead of specific dates I have been able to do it faster too.

We travel from PHX and are used to now having to do a stop somewhere. Wish they could bring back more nonstop flights, but probably not going to happen.
I am still going to stick with SWA for our travels. Looking at the other airlines, it is about the same price or more, but we usually also have luggage which can add up these days

Has anyone seen any routes start to load yet?

I used to be able to manually change a date in the URL to see individual updates before the full schedule dropped. It doesn't seem to be working this time.
I didn't know this was a thing! I tried it right after I saw your message (around 7:15) and was able to see fares for Christmas travel to see family (not the mouse). I took about 10 minutes to look at different dates and cities and had my flights booked right before they were available on the Low Fare Calendar. Thank you!

Do Anytime and/or Business Class fares ever drop once in the system? And if by some crazy miracle WGA shows up, could tix be switched?

One last question… if I got Business Class with the A1-A15 guarantee and automatic checkin, does my companion also get that? I can buy it and get reimbursed, if I have to. Don’t really want my 5 year old granddaughter boarding after the rest of us. 🤪

Got my RDU-MCO booked for November. Wasn't bad points/price wise, but the ONLY direct is now 3:25pm! I thought 11:30am was bad. I booked since I can cancel, but we've now gone from a park day + the MVMCP to probably arriving late for the MVMCP! We can do a connecting flight that arrives around noon, but that introduces more risk I think.

Boy I miss those early direct flights from RDU!

Me, too! The direct is way later than I wanted so I’m doing a stop in ATL, which stinks but it gets me there so much earlier. I loved those early am directs from RDU.

Me, too! The direct is way later than I wanted so I’m doing a stop in ATL, which stinks but it gets me there so much earlier. I loved those early am directs from RDU.

I just looked at the sched and the ATL connection does get us landing before noon, so will consider. We are coordinating with our adults kids/SOs for this trip, so while they know the "arrival day" I could see them getting in late as well, so will have to see how all that shakes out. We could shave 1 day off 6 park tickets, so maybe I won't worry too much at this point.

Do Anytime and/or Business Class fares ever drop once in the system? And if by some crazy miracle WGA shows up, could tix be switched?

One last question… if I got Business Class with the A1-A15 guarantee and automatic checkin, does my companion also get that? I can buy it and get reimbursed, if I have to. Don’t really want my 5 year old granddaughter boarding after the rest of us. 🤪
Yes, I've seen Anytime fares go down and have gotten reimbursed for the difference. I've also switched from Anytime to WGA and gotten reimbursed for the difference. Once the switch is made to WGA the fare is no longer reimbursable and the complimentary early bird check-in is removed.

I'm not certain how Business Class and companion pass work together so leaving that for someone else to answer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter