Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I need feedback. I will be using a companion pass. Prices seem high at the moment, but in line with what they have been charging for dates further out. Should I purchase now or wait? Should I use points? I believe I'd have to call to adjust to a lower fare/points, because of the companion pass.
Points if you have them, always points if you have them.

I'm booking Delta for my next trip in October. Over $400 from MKE, and I'd have to be on the road to the airport at 3:30 in the morning.

I need feedback. I will be using a companion pass. Prices seem high at the moment, but in line with what they have been charging for dates further out. Should I purchase now or wait? Should I use points? I believe I'd have to call to adjust to a lower fare/points, because of the companion pass.

I’m waiting to book my flights...I’m afraid that if I book now at these high prices they will begin their “Red Banner” emails where they allow you to change flights but don’t give any refunds or credits for price differences...that is what happened to me this last round.

Points if you have them, always points if you have them.

I'm booking Delta for my next trip in October. Over $400 from MKE, and I'd have to be on the road to the airport at 3:30 in the morning.

I'd be flying out of MKE, too. Do you think fares will rise as things open up?

If you're on the south side of town it's almost always cheaper and easier to fly out of MDW, even if it is a 90 minute drive. I went last October and it was $97RT from MDW and $300 from MKE. I'm an hour north so I will be flying DL ATW-MSP-MCO for the same price.

New fares may be up but whoa....I’m not paying these prices!!! I’m thinking maybe SWA wants to see who bites ....
I was thinking the same thing, but I’m using points so I booked and hope they go down closer to time!

I need feedback. I will be using a companion pass. Prices seem high at the moment, but in line with what they have been charging for dates further out. Should I purchase now or wait? Should I use points? Will prices rise as things open up? I believe I'd have to call to adjust to a lower fare/points, because of the companion pass.
If you have points, I’d definitely use the points. Then if prices change you can get refunded and not have to worry with travel funds. I haven’t found it to be a big deal to make changes with a companion pass. To do online you have to remove your companion, make the change to your reservation and then add them back. I’ve also done it where I waited to add on my companion until closer to time so I wouldn’t have to do the extra steps to make adjustments - however doing that I did have one time where it showed only a couple companion spots left. Someone else may have experience if you can call and make adjustments without removing your companion.

I was going to wait to see if prices might fluctuate....but it said only 4 seats left for the time I wanted so I booked one way so far.:worship:

I don't want my companion to miss out on seat availability. We hope to travel enough to use the travel funds, if I go that route. I have the SW credit card. Leaning toward using points and calling if I need too.

Both of our 1 way flights are more than I wanted to spend with points. I'm hoping for a sale that covers our August dates to get some back. Currently sitting at 19k per person RT

Remember, those “only X seats left” just refers to seats at that particular price. It doesn’t mean there are only X seats left on the flight. There might be 3 seats at $119, then the price will go to $123, for example. Unless all 3 fare categories show as limited, there are plenty of seats on the flight. And a companion only needs any seat on the flight, no matter what price bucket.

Ours were priced close to what I thought, a little higher (maybe $20) but still reasonable enough for me to book. Booked with points as I'm fully expecting I'll have to cancel. Time will tell....

I'm going to correct my answers above. Our return flights were significantly higher than the outbound flights but we're also flying the Friday of Labour Day weekend which I knew could be higher.

Ours were priced close to what I thought, a little higher (maybe $20) but still reasonable enough for me to book. Booked with points as I'm fully expecting I'll have to cancel. Time will tell....

If I remember right, you fly from Buffalo too, right? I agree, the prices weren’t too bad. I think around what they have been on opening lately. I booked with points, Sept 30- Oct 2 for the 50th weekend. Paid 18K + round trip. And Sept 9-16 was 15,100 points. And my DH is free with CP. I’ll keep checking for lower rates, but those prices aren’t horrible if they stand.

If I remember right, you fly from Buffalo too, right? I agree, the prices weren’t too bad. I think around what they have been on opening lately. I booked with points, Sept 30- Oct 2 for the 50th weekend. Paid 18K + round trip. And Sept 9-16 was 15,100 points. And my DH is free with CP. I’ll keep checking for lower rates, but those prices aren’t horrible if they stand.
Yes, I'm Buffalo also. Our outbound wasn't bad at 7,588/pp but our return was high at 11,144/pp but that's the Friday of Labour Day weekend. Out total is also a little more than 18K per round trip so about the same as you.

Do you lose EARLY BIRD if you make a change?

No, it should follow as long as you change, not cancel & your cities stay the same. However, there is debate about if your place in line changes when you change your flight. Your place in the check in line is determined by when you purchase the EBCI. Some posters say if you make a change, you’ll have the date you made the change as your effective date for the EBCI.

Ugh I couldn’t wait any longer, prices for mid-late august were so much more than they were for earlier august a few weeks ago ($67
Each way then at one point. $95-125 each way now).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter