Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I just called SW and waited about a minute or less to get through - I chose the change existing reservation option. But I have some interesting things I figured out...

1. Most of my tix were paid with TF the rest with GC's. My expiration date was stuck at 5/28/20 (I should have been more careful with this as I think only a few $$ came from that old reservation - it would have been to my advantage to leave it off and have more flexibility - but hey - who knows when a pandemic is gonna hit???

2. I asked the CS on the phone if I could use TF to get EBCI - She said no. I guess I should have known that as my flight went down in price again but I'll never used it before 5/28.

3. I noted that my email stated I could change my ticket anywhere within 14 days of my original date at no cost to me. I told CS that someone else said they saw it had been extended to 60 days. She looked through her notes and confirmed it was 60 days. I asked where I could find that policy change to read for myself and she had no idea where to tell me to look.

4. She stressed my TF expiration again and said I could move my tix as long as it was within the TF expiration window and I said I thought that was kinda pointless since I doubt I would return from a trip 5/16 and then take another before 5/28. Oh well

5. I asked if there were further disruptions to travel (ie - CDC, gov't mandates) could these things change again? Of course, no idea.

6.***The most important thing IMO*** She offered to change the flight for me and I said I'll just do it on my app. I tested out several dates and I could change my tix 60 days out EVEN THO MY TF WOULD HAVE BEEN EXPIRED. I think that's important for anyone who gets that message and wants to change dates/times but doesn't want to lose TF credits.

Unfortunately for me I would have loved a 120 day extension as I would have pulled the trigger and canceled May trip just to be safe but the only dates I can realistically change to are in the mid summer/heaviest crowd times. And boy was I sad when she told me I can't use TF to get EBCI. I'm relatively new to this as we don't fly often. (and don't tell my CS but I'm gonna try it just to see if I can!!! lol)

If someone already posted this sorry and please ignore. Hopefully it will help someone by giving them more flexibility!

ETA - I have 2 separate reservation, only got an email for one but they both gave me the red banner on the app)

Last edited:
I had to cancel a flight (WGA fare). Is there any limit to how many times I can rebook using my travel funds? It's not a one-time thing, is it? If I rebook now will there be any problems if I have to cancel again?

I think I have done this multiple times. They will always retain the original expiration tho. Except for this new 60 day extended window at least as far as it's working on my app

@buzzrelly , thanks for posting! This is great news. Our trip is Easter week & I’m sure that won’t be happening. We have another trip in September, but those flights were pretty cheap on opening day so I booked with points for now. The April flights were expensive & even if I rebooked the September trip, I would still have credits left over which would have expired in October. Now I can just leave the September flight a alone & use the credits next year.

Besides customer good will, this is also helpful for SW. If everyone was just booking on credits, that means less new revenue coming in. This kind of spreads that segment out & leaves more seats to be filled by new paying customers.

Has anyone tried to change a future flight in a couple of months and gotten an error message? I've been trying to change (modify) a July flight to get the now lower price and rack up some travel funds but I keep getting an error message. I've tried 2 different browsers and on my phone. I was able to modify another flight I had booked on points with no problem. I was able to modify my April flight with no issues. I figure system is a mess right now so I'm not going to worry about it or call but just thought I would check in to see if anyone has any advice.

Great News about the extension of Travel funds! Quick question for the SW experts. Now that the travel fund worries are abated somewhat, let's talk about already purchased Early Boarding. Had an mid April trip planned, moved it to early mid May with the change option, thereby allowing the EB to transfer to the new May flights. Not yet feeling the love for a May 1 opening, I'm trying to figure out other options. We already have a hotel for December. Flights for that time frame won't go on sale until mid/late June...at least I think that's what I read. In the event that I have to cancel the May trip, without being able to purchase December flights yet, won't I lose the EB that I already purchased if I cancel the May flights? If yes, would an option be to "change" to an obscure anytime flight later in the year, knowing that when December opens, I can "change" again to December...allowing the already purchased EB to stay with us....???? I'm not too concerned about what $$$ difference there might be for the obscure flight...let's face it..fares are gonna be low. Thoughts?

Has anyone tried to change a future flight in a couple of months and gotten an error message? I've been trying to change (modify) a July flight to get the now lower price and rack up some travel funds but I keep getting an error message. I've tried 2 different browsers and on my phone. I was able to modify another flight I had booked on points with no problem. I was able to modify my April flight with no issues. I figure system is a mess right now so I'm not going to worry about it or call but just thought I would check in to see if anyone has any advice.
What kind of error message? I had the same problem last week. I eventually sent SW an email asking about the problem. I never got a response but days later I tried again to change the flights to take advantage of the lower fares and it worked.

Great News about the extension of Travel funds! Quick question for the SW experts. Now that the travel fund worries are abated somewhat, let's talk about already purchased Early Boarding. Had an mid April trip planned, moved it to early mid May with the change option, thereby allowing the EB to transfer to the new May flights. Not yet feeling the love for a May 1 opening, I'm trying to figure out other options. We already have a hotel for December. Flights for that time frame won't go on sale until mid/late June...at least I think that's what I read. In the event that I have to cancel the May trip, without being able to purchase December flights yet, won't I lose the EB that I already purchased if I cancel the May flights? If yes, would an option be to "change" to an obscure anytime flight later in the year, knowing that when December opens, I can "change" again to December...allowing the already purchased EB to stay with us....???? I'm not too concerned about what $$$ difference there might be for the obscure flight...let's face it..fares are gonna be low. Thoughts?
I don't have advice on EB but just FYI Southwest is scheduled to release through Jan 4 on April 23

What kind of error message? I had the same problem last week. I eventually sent SW an email asking about the problem. I never got a response but days later I tried again to change the flights to take advantage of the lower fares and it worked.
So bizarre- I just went in to try again and copy the error message to show and it now went through. Problem solved!

I don't have advice on EB but just FYI Southwest is scheduled to release through Jan 4 on April 23
Really? That's great! I swear I saw that it wasn't gonna happen until late June. So that makes things a lot easier, Thank you!

Please forgive me if this is a dumb question or has been asked already. I actually have never changed a flight, or had the cost go down, so this is new for me. We got my parents a 'refund' for the price difference on our flights in May. They are getting a credit of over $200. Where does that credit go? Back on the credit card they used to purchase? Or is it a credit for a future flight if they login to SW? Thanks all!

Please forgive me if this is a dumb question or has been asked already. I actually have never changed a flight, or had the cost go down, so this is new for me. We got my parents a 'refund' for the price difference on our flights in May. They are getting a credit of over $200. Where does that credit go? Back on the credit card they used to purchase? Or is it a credit for a future flight if they login to SW? Thanks all!

It will be saved as a travel fund, associated with their reservation number - so DON'T lose that! When they go to purchase a new flight, there will be a place to input travel funds using that reservation number.

It will be saved as a travel fund, associated with their reservation number - so DON'T lose that! When they go to purchase a new flight, there will be a place to input travel funds using that reservation number.
Ok, So it is all associated with the current May flight confirmation number. I'm going to go print that out. We booked with points, so I believe the extra we got credited back go directly to our RR points balance?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter