Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Wow, typed dates in and it worked! Hoping prices would be a bit lower then they were, but flight times are pretty good.

Wow, typed dates in and it worked! Hoping prices would be a bit lower then they were, but flight times are pretty good.
Ugh! Still not working for me. Do you think they release states in random order or everything at once? I have logged out, refreshed, tried from main screen and book flight, still showing only through 4/7/19. I have never had this much difficulty!!!

I booked end of May. I went to the main page, signed in, put in my airports and travel dates (month/date) and hit enter. Sorry it's not working for you!

How do you get to the main page? I need to book my return flight & cant get back to that page, only the book flight page comes up.

Yep, calendar is working. My flights are up 4000 points from when I booked at 6:40. FYI, many WGA fares were “sold out” for Easter week even when I got in early. I think SW just didn’t release WGA fares on many flights for the holiday week. I have seen this before for other weeks where they added them weeks later. I have never followed a major holiday week tho, so not sure what will happen because of that.

Next schedule extension (subject to change):
On November 15, 2018 we will open our schedule for sale through August 5, 2019. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently

Booked! Yay! MCO-BDL April 13, $583 for 4 tickets, including EBCI which was $25/pp. I’m happy with next year’s SB prices :-)

Tried for April dates from BWI but very expensive. I think even with these rates I would have booked if flight times were decent (not flights after 5pm) but they're not.

Whew! Glad that is over. Was finally able to book. PVD-MCO RT 303. plus EBCI 25.00. Not great, but not too bad considering holiday/spring break. Now, going to grab some coffee, tea was NOT enough today:smooth:

Whew! Glad that is over. Was finally able to book. PVD-MCO RT 303. plus EBCI 25.00. Not great, but not too bad considering holiday/spring break. Now, going to grab some coffee, tea was NOT enough today:smooth:
Just adding on, a LOT of flights showed up sold out.

Very disappointed. I really don't think the points go very far. I had to spend a ton of money to buy more points and also to transfer points between the four of us. Plus I lost a lot of sleep getting up can hour before the flights were actually released since it's impossible to know when they will actually start being available for booking. So tired. And spent so much more money than I had planned. Sigh.

Got in tried to apply travel funds to a round trip and of course that didn't work. Probably too many funds. I was able to book each of us a one way ticket with the funds and that worked. Now the other leg of the flight is up $10.

I was able to book 3 tickets right at 6:03 for Easter week, but some fares were already showing up as unavailable. I think they released them later though, because I see them now. Paid $331 pp, plus EBCI, which was about what I was hoping for. I checked again an hour later and the same trip had gone up by $120! So worth getting up early for, although DH thought I was nuts. Worth it!

I needed a ticket to fly somewhere other than WDW, and it was a little pricey, miles wise. I was surprised. Oh well. I guess that gives me something else to obsessively check so I can cancel and rebook when the price goes down.

I know it's release day but I thought I would share my recent good experience with SWA.

We went to Jamaica from 8/24-9/1. We connected in BWI on our way to Jamaica and somewhere between our airport, BWI or at the Jamaican airport our 1 checked luggage (30inch) got damaged. We're not sure what happened but it had to have been slammed hard on it's top part where the extendable handle comes out and squished so there's a big crease in the middle and the enxtendable handle will not come out no matter how much force you apply it's just stuck in the down position. It was with enough force where my liquid foundation leaked out/sorta exploded (which has never happened before) though it was in a bag so it didn't mess with our other belongings.

Anyways it was sorta chaotic inside the Jamaican airport by the time you got through Customs and getting your luggage that we completely missed the SWA counter-I have no clue where it was anyways as I didn't immediately see it-so we ended up calling SWA and they sent us a claim form for the luggage; we filled it out and sent pictures along with it as well as looked up the approximate value of the luggage destroyed (which was $80).

The timeframe given for a response was up to 30 days and it was just under 30 days when we received notification that they were giving us a transferable expires within 1 year $50 credit as well as sent us a website that a few other airlines use to pick out new luggage. There was only 2 real comparable options with the softsided luggage like the one that got messed up but we picked the one that had better reviews on Amazon (as we could find the luggage there). The value of the piece we select was like $78/$79 on Amazon so close enough to what our destroyed one was worth. That was on Thursday. We just received the luggage yesterday and opened it up and it looks good. Just hoping it lasts lol

So yeah that's our good story with SWA :) Ironic I suppose but the luggage that got destroyed was actually replacement luggage that Delta gave us 2 years ago when we went to Hawaii as the one we brought with us got caught on a conveyor belt and ripped the front pocket beyond usage and scrapped up the back and the sides really bad. Delta was awesome in the Hawaii airport and when we went up to the counter, told them the issue, they wheeled out a replacement luggage and said "what about this one, will this work?". Having never had issues prior to 2016 with luggage getting messed up I'm hoping our streak with them getting messed up is done lol.

*Sorry long post :o *

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter