Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

When will sw release for nov 4th on

According to their website:

We are currently accepting air reservations through November 3, 2017. On May 18, 2017 we will open our schedule for sale through
January 7, 2018. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

Prices have dropped for many early September flights. We're flying home on Labor Day weekend. Originally all of the flights I checked flying into NY were $225 and up. I booked a flight into Reagan for $116 and was going to rent a car to drive to LI. Last night I checked prices and was able to switch to a flight into LGA for $117.

Prices have dropped for many early September flights. We're flying home on Labor Day weekend. Originally all of the flights I checked flying into NY were $225 and up. I booked a flight into Reagan for $116 and was going to rent a car to drive to LI. Last night I checked prices and was able to switch to a flight into LGA for $117.

Our flights from Buffalo really dropped, too. We were able to use a credit from the return flight dropping to get an earlier flight to MCO. Then the next day that dropped drastically, so I guess we'll have a credit (that we may never use).

We are trying to plan a trip third week in August and the flight prices have still been very high. More so, I hate that they have reduced the number of nonstop flights from Buffalo. They changed their flight schedule to put layovers in Baltimore and Chicago some of which have 2 stops. Sadly, I think gone are the days of a cheap early morning nonstop flight and the same late nonstop flights home. Those flights made a short trip worth taking. Not so much now.

We are trying to plan a trip third week in August and the flight prices have still been very high. More so, I hate that they have reduced the number of nonstop flights from Buffalo. They changed their flight schedule to put layovers in Baltimore and Chicago some of which have 2 stops. Sadly, I think gone are the days of a cheap early morning nonstop flight and the same late nonstop flights home. Those flights made a short trip worth taking. Not so much now.

I totally agree. I recently e-mailed them and complained about it. I know others have, too. Maybe if enough people complain (and mention looking at other airlines with more convenient schedules) they will bring back some non-stop flights.

I totally agree. I recently e-mailed them and complained about it. I know others have, too. Maybe if enough people complain (and mention looking at other airlines with more convenient schedules) they will bring back some non-stop flights.

They'll send you a polite response, but Southwest has been adding several locations, many of them international (Caribbean, Mexico, etc.), without a big bump in the number of jets and personnel to cover those locations. As a result, there's been a noticeable drop in direct service to non-hub cities across the board. In my case, a weekday evening flight that was popular from PHL to MCO is gone. I expect the smaller markets will get an even bigger hit, instead flying mostly to Southwest hubs like BWI.

When SW opens their schedule for next set of dates, when do they show online? Is it a certain time, first thing in the morning (i.e., 8:00 am EST), randomly on that date??? Thanks for any help.

When I booked our flights on the last release date, March 16, I was up at 6 am. I had to keep refreshing and around 6:15 they were released. I guess it probably depends on how long it takes for everything to get uploaded.

We fly home 11/4 & are torn between waiting for SW to open or just booking Allegiant now.

If we wait for SW & they have a price drop what do you do to get a credit of the difference?

We fly home 11/4 & are torn between waiting for SW to open or just booking Allegiant now.

If we wait for SW & they have a price drop what do you do to get a credit of the difference?

Personally, I'd wait for Southwest, since you get the flexibility and much less potential for change and all those Allegiant fees, but that's just my opinion.

If SW has a price drop, you just do a 'Modify flight' and pick the same flight. The price difference will be credited to you by your confirmation number. Those travel funds would then be available for the same person(s) for flights taking place up to a year from your original booking (not the flight date). Travel funds are not transferable.

The flights prices keep going up and down for Labor Day week. I had already booked our flights with a connection flight down and a nonstop return, but when I went to book my parents' flights, the nonstop down had dropped, so we used points to get on the nonstop, but in the course of finalizing the change, the price on the nonstop shot up! The SW agent was very gracious to not impose the jump on us, which would have resulted into having to buy points to get on the nonstop with my parents. Phew!

I am trying to wait but SW needs to open up Nov and Dec now... I can't wait a month.
Lol naw for real. I've been stalking the site for months now. Also, wish they would have a few earlier flights than what I see on other days. I'd be ok leaving here early and getting to wdw resort and hour or two early.

I am trying to wait but SW needs to open up Nov and Dec now... I can't wait a month.
Lol naw for real. I've been stalking the site for months now. Also, wish they would have a few earlier flights than what I see on other days. I'd be ok leaving here early and getting to wdw resort and hour or two early.

Yeah, its hard to wait. Personally, I would hang on until you can book on May 18, unless you see some other fare that you just can't pass up. It is a little frustrating sometimes waiting for Southwest to open booking, but you get the benefit of a stable schedule and the ability to change, rebook and cancel as you wish.

Yeah, its hard to wait. Personally, I would hang on until you can book on May 18, unless you see some other fare that you just can't pass up. It is a little frustrating sometimes waiting for Southwest to open booking, but you get the benefit of a stable schedule and the ability to change, rebook and cancel as you wish.
Have to agree. I fly Jetblue a lot. But, for my June trip to WDW, I booked with SW..got better flight times and fares. I'm so glad I did!!! I've been able to change the flights twice since booking!!!!

Good afternoon. I just changed my flights for early May from PHL (preferred airport) to BWI (not my favorite) and saved $228 on Southwest! The travel funds are from two different confirmation numbers as I had booked down separately from the return originally.

When the schedule open up for Thanksgiving dates and I book our flights can I apply the travel fund from the two different confirmation numbers to the November tickets in one transaction?

Thank you!

ETA same passengers both flights thanks.

Lisa

Last edited:
I'm sure if I look hard enough I will find the answer to my question but I'm hoping you can help out a busy person. I'm booking flights for a family member using my points and they have an infant that will be just a year old. They don't want to book her a seat saying she will sit in their laps but is there anything I have to do when I book them to let the airline know they will be flying with a baby? Kind of like when booking a restaurant at Disney under three doesn't have to pay for the meal but you have to tell them they will be at the table. Also will she need any ID at the airport? Can you tell it's been a long time since I have had little ones flying with me. TIA.

I have always gate checked my stroller with SW. Although my kids are getting older, it's a life saver in trying to get to the gate, and for use at WDW. Especially for bringing groceries into the hotel! I noticed on the last couple of trips that they checked to see that I had a ticketed child on the flight. At what age will they stop allowing a gate checked stroller?

I have always gate checked my stroller with SW. Although my kids are getting older, it's a life saver in trying to get to the gate, and for use at WDW. Especially for bringing groceries into the hotel! I noticed on the last couple of trips that they checked to see that I had a ticketed child on the flight. At what age will they stop allowing a gate checked stroller?

I would be EXTREMELY surprised if there was any type of age limit on strollers. Children can have medical reasons for needing a stroller at all ages, and it would be illegal for them to even ask about any type of disability and need of the stroller.

The policy could be that they want to make sure the person for whom the stroller is used is a passenger on the plane.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter