Post a opinion on a light hearted issue which will divide people?

Sitcom: The Office, USA version. Best. Ever. Extremely close second? Seinfeld. I still can relate many things in life to a Seinfeld episode.

The best topping on a burger/hot dog to me is mustard and the best pizza topping is pepperoni.

The Ramones are the first true punk band

iggy and the stooges (yeah, iggy denied being characterized as 'punk' at the time but i think he's come to embrace being credited as 'the godfather of punk').

iggy and the stooges (yeah, iggy denied being characterized as 'punk' at the time but i think he's come to embrace being credited as 'the godfather of punk').
Iggy and the stooges are pretty good and no doubt proto punk, but also MC5 and I even consider the Who an influence on punk.

The Ramones also didn't consider themselves punk. Being called punk also limited their options and reach because of the Sex Pistols and the stuff that went on with them.
Had they been a rock band I think they would have done a lot better, financially. Having seen them in small clubs for years and never seeing them really take off was a disappointment on some level. Seeing how big they were in South America was pretty wild though, big stadiums and people waiting outside their hotel. Crazy stuff.

If you are ever in Berlin and get a chance the Ramones Museum is amazing. They even have Joey's Sony Trinitron TV - which is just weird.
https://www.ramonesmuseum.com/
hq720.jpg

I saw them in Baltimore around 1995. Can't recall exact date but was end of college.
I've seen them several times.

The most interesting was mid 80s at an outdoor show with Charlie Daniels, David Johansson, and another group I cant recall. For some reason I think it was the Go Gos but I'm not sure. Saw them several times as well. Hard to believe, I know but the Go Gos were punk once, well as much as the Police were. I saw them together in 82, if I recall correctly the Police opened for the Go Go's. All a blur now though

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter