Possibly a Silly Question---BUT........

Better late than never

I Love Being a Fairy Grandmother!!
My family ( now just my husband) and I have been vacationing at WDW for many years with trips at least twice and sometimes three times a year. We are and have been AP holders. My question is, being a AP holder we have free parking at all the parks, why then do we have to pay to park our car at a Disney resort while we are staying here. I thought that charge was to defer people that didn't have an AP from parking at the resorts to keep from having to pay at the parking lots of a park. Possibly I'm misunderstanding, but just asking. Thanks.

Because they can and point to big city hotels as a reason why it's okay.

I am sure it covers some cost but that's why I see they do it.

My family ( now just my husband) and I have been vacationing at WDW for many years with trips at least twice and sometimes three times a year. We are and have been AP holders. My question is, being a AP holder we have free parking at all the parks, why then do we have to pay to park our car at a Disney resort while we are staying here. I thought that charge was to defer people that didn't have an AP from parking at the resorts to keep from having to pay at the parking lots of a park. Possibly I'm misunderstanding, but just asking. Thanks.
Disney does not charge day guests to park at resorts to look around, go shopping or dine at the restaurants. They may restrict parking to only those with ADRs but they do not charge the guests who are not staying at the resort, The parking fee is only assessed for overnight parking by resort guests. So, your assumption that the fee was imposed to thwart parking scofflaws is mistaken.

Why did Disney do this? Just another revenue stream. Some bean counter imagined it and a suit ran with the idea.

Because they can and point to big city hotels as a reason why it's okay.

I am sure it covers some cost but that's why I see they do it.
Big city hotels? Or neighboring hotels like Dolphin, Swan, Shades of Green? Or nearby competitor hotels? I get the 'industry standard' claim, but it seems more like, "Well, Tom next door is paving over his lawn amd painting it green, and Kathy up the street is doing the same thing, and nobody is really upset. I think I'll do it, too!"

Because they can? WDW has been introducing a lot of new AP perks lately. Maybe we can be optimistic and hope they will eliminate resort overnight parking charges for AP's!?

Because they can? WDW has been introducing a lot of new AP perks lately. Maybe we can be optimistic and hope they will eliminate resort overnight parking charges for AP's!?
Those cost them money. A magnet and coasters are cheaper than a night's parking fee at a resort. Plus you have to enter Epcot four times to get the coaster. Most of the perks aren't costing them any money.

Unfortunately it's because they can and they know that people will pay it!! From someone who's been going to Disney for a long time like you I've seen the slow erosion of the caring about the guest over making money. Customer service has been in a down hill spiral and the costs just keep going up. Sorry to say this but sometimes Disney isn't all that"magical".

Unfortunately it's because they can and they know that people will pay it!! From someone who's been going to Disney for a long time like you I've seen the slow erosion of the caring about the guest over making money. Customer service has been in a down hill spiral and the costs just keep going up. Sorry to say this but sometimes Disney isn't all that"magical".

I think that a lot of the negative comments I see are from people who have been going to WDW for a long time. They seem to focus on things that have changed or gone away. They do not seem to see the new things that have come in.

From the perspective of a person who came to WDW for the first time in 2017. Disney is still magical.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter