Possible shooting U of Michigan

LongLiveRafiki

DIS Veteran
There are reports of a possible shooter at Mason Hall at University of Michigan. If any of you have kids there, make sure they stay in their dorms.

Update: U of M says there's no appearance of an active threat, but for everyone to stay clear of the area. Police are still searching and clearing buildings. Dorms are on lock down.

I am incredibly relieved that it was a false alarm. It's still crazy to think that it escalated all from some balloons popping. I'm impressed with the seriousness and professionalism with which police handled the situation, clearing buildings in the area and taking the threat seriously until they were sure there was no danger.

We were listening to the police scanner while this was going down. There was balloons that had been popped, but supposedly a guy in a trench coat with a gun. Who would make that crap up? My daughter was thankfully in her dorm 10 minutes away from the diag, but it was no fun waiting to see if there was really something happening or just a false alarm.

I am incredibly relieved that it was a false alarm. It's still crazy to think that it escalated all from some balloons popping. I'm impressed with the seriousness and professionalism with which police handled the situation, clearing buildings in the area and taking the threat seriously until they were sure there was no danger.
A few weeks ago there was a hard lockdown at my kids middle school. My daughter and I just happened to be texting (she was at lunch) when it happened. School police and metro were called in to sweep and the report was possible weapons. I want to say the whole thing lasted 20mins. In the end it was determined that what was heard was sheet metal hitting concrete across the way where they were doing construction. The way the school is set up it echoed through the courtyard sounding like a gunshot. The whole thing actually made me feel a little better about sending them off everyday because I knew the school took things seriously.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter