Possible end of May 2017 trip

Tiffanie

Mouseketeer
Need some advice, thinking of planning a trip when kids get out of school end of May, arriving Saturday May 27 till June 3 - we have never gone during this time of year - will be my husband and myself, college age son, high school age son, and 9 year old son - haven't been in over 5 years - any experiences during this time of year? Crowds? Discounts available for packages or hotels? Anticipate the hot weather not a problem for us we are from Louisiana - thanks in advance for your advice!

We have gone this week every year for a while. Anticipate crowds to be high the weekend of Memorial Day, and taper off into Wednesday through the end of your trip. Weather has been hit or miss, this year we had a couple of absolutely beautiful days. Discounts have been good, as normally the spring discounts end the first week of June.

If you have flexibility, you might would want to arrive a day or so after the Memorial Day holiday. But if you are planning it because you already have those days off, then go for it.

I just realized May 29 was Memorial Day....we've been over that weekend before and it hasn't been too bad but we were scheduled to fly home on May 28. Looks like I'll be seeing if I can add a night to my reservation and fly home on Monday rather than Sunday.

Perfect time for me to realize this as well....I was about to book airfare next week. ADRs are just about finished but I can easily move some things around the last couple of days and would make disembarkation day alot easier

Untitled.jpg

We went at that time this year, plus the week before. The week before was quieter but we didn't find the second week to be horribly busy either. We used busy days guides and booked fast passes and ADRs in advance so never queued very long for anything. The downside for us was the heat as in the second week it was noticeably hotter (early 30s) and more humid however if you're used to heat then that shouldn't be a problem for you.

Thanks all - thinking of hitting Universal for one day (never been there) and do a water park, maybe best to plan those earlier in the trip and do Disney main parks toward the latter part to avoid crowds. Appreciate the feedback!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter