• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Possible ADR revisions-- first timer needs opinions please

DrRae2B

Mouseketeer
I'm very seriously thinking that my current plan for next month is just too ... well... planned.

As it stands, here is our current itinerary::

May 9-
Check in, (nap, swim, whatever)
Dinner Ohana

May 10
BK- CP
BBB @ 11:30
Lunch- CRT
Dinner- Tony's

May 11
BK- Tusker House
L- Yak n Yeti
D- Jiko

May 12-
Offsite park day
D- Luau

May 13-
B- In room
L- Teppan Edo
D- Coral Reef

May 14-
B- in room
L- 50s PT
D- Brown Derby (F! Dining Pkg)

May 15-
Chill day (DTD shopping)
B- in room
L- Planet Hollywood
D- Yachtsman

May 16-
B- Ohana
Check out

.... OK.... We are thinking of making the following changes::

1) we think we might cancel the Tusker House bkf because, frankly, we are not really breakfast types, and we might just be too tired to get up for it (after fireworks at the MK the previous night).
2) we're now thinking that the "offsite park" day on the 12th is not really a great idea (we might want to just chill that day!). So we might just swim at the resort or go to DTD or just keep it open to whatever we feel like.
3) We also think that maybe we might want to go back to MK (maybe on the 15th??) because our current plan may not accommodate everything we want to see. So we would cancel our lunch at Planet, and just go to the MK (and do quick CS lunch instead)

So those changes would leave us with a free day in the middle of the week (to recharge), and then a possible second (and less-rushed!) day in the MK before we leave (to really ingrain that memory in my 4 yr old's brain. Lol). Plus, it lessens our requirements for being at ADRs during the open days (except dinner, of course), and gives us a little wiggle room for bkf and lunch options.

So what do you all think of my changes?? I've been sitting on my current plan for months, but now it seems like I was trying to cram too much planned stuff in, and not enough spontaneity. Do you think these changes make my trip a "smarter" one? Please let me know what you seasoned Disney vets think!! Thanks in advance for any/all input.

For me this is way too much food. But we don;t eat 3 meals a day while at disney. we usually fill up for breakfast, grab a snack around lunch time and then eat an early large dinner. So to sit 3 times a day(I understand they aren't all table services) to me seems crazy...sorry.
but I do understand that some people go as much for the food as they do for the rides and experiences.

That being said, personally I would keep them all at this point. You can change your mind on any of these ADRs at any point. Just call while you're there or go down to the concierge in the morning and cancel then.
As a first timer give yourself options...nothing is set in stone.

I think especially having a 4 y.o. DD myself you need more than one day in MK. That is truly her favorite. There are just so many things you need to stop & take in that at a 4 year-old's pace..you need the second day. Plus we always end our vacation at MK...just have to...I think your rearranging is definitely justified.

PP is definitely correct with the point about a lot of food. Especially if you are booking sit down lunch & dinners. Make sure they are spaced apart far enough. I know for our family that we end up drinking a lot of water to keep hydrated that it obviously fills one up..

So to sit 3 times a day(I understand they aren't all table services) to me seems crazy .... Just call while you're there or go down to the concierge in the morning and cancel then.

Hahaha. Yes, that's what I thought, too! That's why I only scheduled the two days w/ 3 meals per day (and why I'm considering cancelling the on breakfast! Lol). The 2 sit down meals each day, though, will be a nice break for us and hopfully help us cool off, recharge.

As far as cancelling goes, I can just cancel that week? With no penalty for cancelling too close to the reservation? If so, that helps me out a lot! Thank you.

And about my DD-- yes, I figured that since the trip IS pretty much for her, I should at least give her another day to really enjoy what she likes most. :)

Thank you for your input!

As far as cancelling goes, I can just cancel that week? With no penalty for cancelling too close to the reservation? If so, that helps me out a lot! Thank you.

Yes, except for any adr which requires a credit card to secure it which looks like you have three: Cinderella's Royal Table, the Luau, and the Brown Derby Fantasmic Package. I believe you would need to cancel 48 hrs in advance for any of those three adrs to avoid a penalty.

I agree, too much food. We only plan for one sit down meal per day and the rest are whatever whenever. Otherwise, you will find yourself planning your other daily activities around when and where you need to be for each meal and that is no fun and not relaxing at all. HAVE FUN!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter