Positively, Absolutely Favorite Moment

monosgrande

On The Eighth Day God Created The Mouse
Okay, so I realize that this has probably been done to death on this site, but I'm a relative newbie around here, and you're going to have to indulge me. I guess you could completely ignore me as well, but I'm still going to share. :goodvibes

I've been to Disney multiple times, and there's very little negative I can say about my cumulative experiences. I could go on for hours however about the literally hundreds, if not thousands of great times we've had. But, if I had to pick one moment, one snapshot, one slice of time where that crazy magic that only Disney can create, it was this.

My daughter (her first trip to the Magic Kingdom) and I were walking hand-in-hand from Tomorrowland towards the castle. We were chatting about who knows what, when we passed within feet of Cinderella. I think she was just leaving, or arriving to an autograph area, I have no idea. I guess she overheard me talking to my daughter, and said, "Hi Emma, how are you?" You could have knocked my wide-eyed daughter over with a feather. Rarely, if ever, is my daughter rendered speechless.

The encounter was brief, but its effect powerful and lasting, probably even more so for me. The long lines, the cost, the June heat: who cares. That was hands down the single best thing ever at Disney.

Okay, so what's your 1-2 minutes of Magic?

My moment of magic was when my DH proposed to me. :love:

We had picked the ring out before leaving for the trip, I carried it on the plane, and gave it to my DH on the first day of our trip.

So it was the end of the day and it started to pour. As we are leaving the park my DH said that he really wanted to propose to me today. He said he wanted to do it in front of ToT and he kept checking for photographers but there were never any around. I told him he could ask me right here and now and it would still be romantic. He said no. All of a sudden he grabs my hand and we go running towards ToT, soaking wet from the pouring rain he kneels down in a puddle and proposes. :cloud9:

Even funnier when you hear people who have gathered around you say "OMG is he proposing".

We've been so many times, and EVERY trip, that moment we step onto Main Street USA, the feeling is so emotional and overwhelming..nothing compares to it!!:love:

I would have to say mine is the very first time I saw the Osborne Lights. It took my breath away. Seeing it on TV (like The Travel Channel) or even thinking about it brings a tear to my eye. There is "magic" in the air when you are among all those amazing lights. Like I said, for me - it is breath taking!!!!! A close 2nd would be when you first walk into MK and down Main St. USA and see the castle. That is another heart stopper![/COLOR]

I have been to Disney many times but my best memory was my last trip in Oct 06. This was my hubby's first time and just to see the awe on his face when we first walked down Main St. and his first look at the castle was just priceless to me. I have never seen him so excited and giddy. Nothing could ever top that for me!:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter