• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Positive thoughts and Prayers for the 4 year old who almost drowned

I have also been following the daily updates on Caring Bridge. As a nurse, I know what a long road they are in for...a lifetime really. I really feel for him and his family. It's type of thing really makes you appreciate all of the little stuff...

I am also an RN (haven't practiced in many years), I guess that is why I understand the harsh reality of their situation. And I get frustrated a little reading their updates, when I feel like they're not expressing their true emotions. I guess that's not for us to see and why we need to pray for them even harder, because they need to hold it all together, or else they'd never get thru this nightmare. I just want to ball my eyes out for their loss!! What a sad, sad tragedy.:sad1:

I am also an RN (haven't practiced in many years), I guess that is why I understand the harsh reality of their situation. And I get frustrated a little reading their updates, when I feel like they're not expressing their true emotions. I guess that's not for us to see and why we need to pray for them even harder, because they need to hold it all together, or else they'd never get thru this nightmare. I just want to ball my eyes out for their loss!! What a sad, sad tragedy.:sad1:

I know what you mean. I am a speech therapist and worked in a clinical/rehab educational setting and had many students like Chase. He is receiving state-of-the-art therapy and I pray that he receives the same type of therapy in his educational setting. I know his parents agreed to only focus on the positive - they have to or it would be overwhelmingly sad. Chase and his family remain in my thoughts and prayers each and every day.

The family just posted a very short video of Chase. He looks MUCH better than I thought he would.

I'm not seeing the video on the Caring Bridge, could you provide a link please?

I follow Chase on Facebook and his family posted the video there. Chase is sitting in a special wheelchair in the video. If you're on Facebook just search his full name and his page comes up. His family seems amazing and strong.

It's posted on Chase's Facebook page. Unable to provide a link to it from my iPad. Will try to figure out how to link...

I was so glad to see the video. I have thought about this sweet boy so often the last two months and he looks better than I imagined! Continuing to pray for him and his family who have handled this tragedy with amazing courage, faith and strength.

Such a beautiful child!! Loved seeing the video, and I agree, looks much better than I expected. Praying for more improvement!!!

I do not think he was peddling - I think when the chair is going forward the pedals move - but it is exercise, stretching and movement for his muscles. That small smile though was the star of the video! Hopefully he will continue to be able to improve and gain more control.

Yes, i know he wasn't propelling his trike but his muscle tone was relaxed enough for his legs to rotate. It's the small things and the vocab to go with it! :) ( I used to work in a rehab setting)

WOW! He looks great! He looks so much better then what was in my head! What was in my head was much worse.

Look at that face! :hug::cloud9::grouphug:

Thank you for posting this video.

I saw this on FB. There was reference to looking back and thinking about what happened and their journey. Heartwrenching. This poor family and that poor little guy has come so far but it's still so devastating. It's great that they are able to have him home now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter