• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Positive experience with DAS online registration Apr 10

DeeSee

Earning My Ears
Sharing our experience with DAS online registration Apr 10. DAS is for my son, 10yo.
TLDR: Went great. The whole process, including selecting advance selections took less than 30 mins.

This was our first experience with DAS and we are very pleased with how smoothly it went. We clicked the link to initiate the video chat as soon as it became available at 7am ET. About 2 mins later we got an automated message that we were in the queue. Shortly following, another message asking to confirm we had a park reservation within the eligible window, the person requiring DAS was present, and that we were logged in to the correct MDE account. The agent then began chatting with us and asked us to list our party members. About 15 mins after initially logging in, we were connected via video chat. The CM asked my son what his concerns with waiting in lines were. DS got nervous and asked me to do the talking. I quickly explained in about 2 sentences, and the CM went ahead and asked DS to get in place for a photo. The CM then asked if we wanted to book our DAS advanced selections, which he did right there on the video chat. We would identify our top 2 priorities and then he would list 2-3 time options for us to pick from. After all that, he gave a quick reminder about the virtual queue options for Tron and GotG, asked if we had any other questions. And that was it. We were finished at 7:29 ET. The CM was direct, objective, and not at all intimidating. Great experience!

Sharing our experience with DAS online registration Apr 10. DAS is for my son, 10yo.
TLDR: Went great. The whole process, including selecting advance selections took less than 30 mins.

This was our first experience with DAS and we are very pleased with how smoothly it went. We clicked the link to initiate the video chat as soon as it became available at 7am ET. About 2 mins later we got an automated message that we were in the queue. Shortly following, another message asking to confirm we had a park reservation within the eligible window, the person requiring DAS was present, and that we were logged in to the correct MDE account. The agent then began chatting with us and asked us to list our party members. About 15 mins after initially logging in, we were connected via video chat. The CM asked my son what his concerns with waiting in lines were. DS got nervous and asked me to do the talking. I quickly explained in about 2 sentences, and the CM went ahead and asked DS to get in place for a photo. The CM then asked if we wanted to book our DAS advanced selections, which he did right there on the video chat. We would identify our top 2 priorities and then he would list 2-3 time options for us to pick from. After all that, he gave a quick reminder about the virtual queue options for Tron and GotG, asked if we had any other questions. And that was it. We were finished at 7:29 ET. The CM was direct, objective, and not at all intimidating. Great experience!
Yeah I just want to piggy back on this too. I signed up for DAS this weekend and everything went smoothly. Happy to see that the customer service level is still high and that any issues are just one offs.

One thing to keep in mind is that folks registering now are likely taking a trip in late April/early May. Much different crowd-wise compared to visiting during peak spring break weeks. I've noticed a pattern with the online DAS registration experience that seems to directly correlate with how busy the parks will be 3-4 weeks later.

My guess is the online DAS registration team is relatively static and WDW does not add more staff to this function based on expected crowds.

Wow. We need to try in a few days. Hope it goes just as smooth.
Yes, good luck to you! I know you don't have much control over how long you wait, but having a list of 3-4 possible advance selections for each park definitely helped with how quickly the actual chat went. Also, I think being able to speak in concrete terms about concerns and symptoms related to waiting in line meant there was no need for additional questions or clarification.

This morning went flawlessly! I have never experienced the smoothness or the low-wait time! I used to have to wait for hours!

I also had a very smooth experience yesterday morning. I answered the "What are your concerns with waiting in line?" question same as I normally do and was approved with no hesitation. I was very relieved after hearing that they are getting much, much stricter. Mine is a physical issue, but nothing mobility/fatigue/pain related. This was the 5th time I've done the video chat and by far the shortest wait time. I logged on at 1022 am, was chatting at 1040, and was done with my preselects right at 11. I figured I'd have to wait since I got started late yesterday, but luckily it was fast.

I am going in early May, so it is a known slower time. Maybe that shows up in lower wait times for DAS chats, as well, like a PP stated above.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter