Poseidon’s Fury Gone, what will replace it?

Zelda has been the rumor for quite a while now and it seems like all the theming can stay in that area would work with little adjustment.

The day before the walls went up RixFlix had reported that it was likely going to be replaced by Zelda (Not that he actually knows) and the next day the walls went up.

Will be interesting as there is a ton of space there to work with between Fury and the Sinbad stage.

I think the next HP thing will be in the old fear factor area - that has been rumored for ages as well - Ministry of magic.

Its all rumors - but fun to speculate

Now if they could just get rid of Fast and Furious ride - they could have done so much with that IP

Zelda has been the rumor for quite a while now and it seems like all the theming can stay in that area would work with little adjustment.

The day before the walls went up RixFlix had reported that it was likely going to be replaced by Zelda (Not that he actually knows) and the next day the walls went up.

Will be interesting as there is a ton of space there to work with between Fury and the Sinbad stage.

I think the next HP thing will be in the old fear factor area - that has been rumored for ages as well - Ministry of magic.

Now if they could just get rid of Fast and Furious ride - they could have done so much with that IP
Get rid of F&F and Fear Factor and you could really open up the Wizarding World - and Universal know only too well that more HP = customers & cash.

I've always dreamed of a MoM with the lift being a great dark ride coaster like experience.

I'm with @damo, I want to ride something. I did like it as a respite from rain or heat, but really could have used something I'm sitting in while the magic washes over me or thrills the squeals out of me.

The prevailing concensus I'm reading elsewhere is that this is just a small refurb/touch up to re-open it.
That would be great news for us. When I mentioned to my 15yo DD that it was likely gone, she said she was sad that is was going away. While it is not the best thing in the park, we really enjoy the live action that sets it apart from the simulators and coasters...

MoM makes sense since it is in London

MoM makes sense since it is in London
I would put MoM in the Fear Factor area so it connects with the far end of Diagon Alley, then move the facade of Grimmauld Place to where F&F is and build a dark ride through the house as there are so many things you can put in there.

I would replace Grimmauld place Facade with Piccadilly Circus or something similar.

Just a thought for a PF replacement - how about the Forbidden Forest, surely that's got to come to one of the parks soon...?

I would put MoM in the Fear Factor area so it connects with the far end of Diagon Alley, then move the facade of Grimmauld Place to where F&F is and build a dark ride through the house as there are so many things you can put in there.

I would replace Grimmauld place Facade with Piccadilly Circus or something similar.

Just a thought for a PF replacement - how about the Forbidden Forest, surely that's got to come to one of the parks soon...?

The prevailing rumours from insiders that I read (that are right more often than not) is that MoM is going to Epic Universe and Fear Factor will be replaced by a Potter VR Broom riding attraction.

The prevailing rumours from insiders that I read (that are right more often than not) is that MoM is going to Epic Universe and Fear Factor will be replaced by a Potter VR Broom riding attraction.

I've seen the VR Broom idea a few times, but wouldn't that be in IoA? It seems they are very determined to keep ideas for HP in the correct areas and the VR Broom ride would be Hogwarts/Hogsmead, in which case that could be where PF is - it wouldn't make any sense to put that next to Diagon Alley unless they make it into "The Broom Shop", which would make complete sense also.

Really sad about this, I was kind of praying it would be open. The spouse has a classics degree and loves all things like that. Cheesy as it looked seemed like a nice way to spend a little park time. At least we'll still get to eat at Mythos.

Though if it has to go... give me something classic. A ghostbusters attraction maybe since we're getting a new movie.

Really sad about this, I was kind of praying it would be open. The spouse has a classics degree and loves all things like that. Cheesy as it looked seemed like a nice way to spend a little park time. At least we'll still get to eat at Mythos.

Though if it has to go... give me something classic. A ghostbusters attraction maybe since we're getting a new movie.

I don't think you need to worry. A couple of insiders have both now said (separately) that it's refurb work. Specifically, fixing some water pumps.

Plus a TM who works Poseidon has recently tweeted a pic from the inside of it saying it's coming back, and debunking all of the Zelda rumours.

Thought the show was lame. I'm impressed by the facades but the LC area isn't that excellent and doesn't offer much now aside from food and walkways.
Maybe it'll gobble up a few more guests as it comes back though. I feel like they could rework the show somewhat if they wanted to in all this time.

Had an idea, even though we really like Poseidon's Fury. Just realized last night that National Lampoon's Animal House is a Universal property. What if they replace it with the toga party :rotfl2:

I'm fine with it going. It was probably decent when it opened but it feels so dated now and the effects are lackluster. The whole attraction feel like a preshow for another ride that never comes. The water tunnel was the only real cool part to it and they could incorporate it into a new attraction somehow.
I could definitely see Zelda going in. I imagine it would involve transforming all of Lost Continent into a Zelda themed land. For those saying Nintendo should stay at Epic Universe since it's being built there, I assume they will spread Nintendo IPs around to the different parks to draw people to each of them, kind of like they are doing with Harry Potter. They have a lot to pick from that they couldn't fit them all there either. The cartoony/similar aesthetic to Mario franchises could expand off of the land going in. One like Kirby, Luigi's Mansion, Splatoon, and Animal Crossing would fit better with Mario I think than Zelda.

As far as I'm aware, the Hagrid coaster is supposed to be the Forbidden Forest.
And I agree with MoM where Fear Factor is. I would put a trackless dark ride in there themed to the Department of Mysteries. It could give some great scenes and theme it around the Da vs Death Eaters battle and youv'e got some great action. Could make it interactive if you wanted too with wands that "cast spells" to make stuff happen in the rooms.

I can't see this being replaced with anything Zelda related. Nintendo is very picky about their property and I can't see them being happy with any kind of overlay for one of their properties. I think it is touch up on outside cosmetics and maybe some refurbishment of inside stuff.

I do hope it sticks around for a while. We enjoy it and are also taking some first timers this year. I'd like them to be able to experience before it does go away.

I can't see this being replaced with anything Zelda related. Nintendo is very picky about their property and I can't see them being happy with any kind of overlay for one of their properties. I think it is touch up on outside cosmetics and maybe some refurbishment of inside stuff.

I do hope it sticks around for a while. We enjoy it and are also taking some first timers this year. I'd like them to be able to experience before it does go away.
If it was replaced by Zelda, I don't think it would be an overlay, but the building gutted for a new ride built inside. Mostly just using the temple façade and location.
I do agree that there is a strong chance this is just a minor refurb to the area as well. But do hope that it is for a new attraction of some type.
The HP suggestions just don't seem likely to me for this. Poseidon's Fury is a decent distance from Hogsmeade currently that unless they were changing the entire area to HP, which doesn't seem likely to me, it doesn't seem like it would happen. If it was the Sinbad show area I could see HP possibly take it over, but not all the way down to PF.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter