• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Poseidon’s Fury Gone, what will replace it?

Lashed34

DIS Veteran
Just watched a live video from Rix Flix and construction fences have gone up all around Poseidon's Fury, which has been closed for over a year now.

So, has it gone?

Will; anyone miss it?

What will replace it?

What would you like to see replace it?

Rix Flix are suggesting a Zelda attraction, but wouldn't that be better at Epic Universe at Nintendo World?

We went in Dec 2019 and it was OK, had a bit of fun in there, but it's not that great or popular and covers a huge amount of space.

I honestly think the best part about Poseidon's Fury is (was?) the fantastic façade! It looks amazing - I was blown away from the moment I first saw it!
But the attraction - especially the "power rangers-esque" final scene - very lackluster bordering on bad. There are cool elements, but overall, not so great.
I like the idea of a Zelda attraction but it would feel out of place unless there were more changes to the area.

I can't see a further Potter attraction going there because The MoM is in London, and there's nothing else near Hogwarts or Hogsmead - plus Epic Universe is expected to expand the HP lands/attractions.

The area itself is just poseidon & Mythos, will a few stalls, and I can't see Mythos going anywhere.

Will definitely be interesting to see what they do with it. Poseidon was originally created by the guy that made the Masters Of The Universe film....maybe we'll be an attraction based on that :P :P :P

Any thing Nintendo related should be placed in the epic park. Nintendo will be a huge draw for them.
All the more reason to spread Nintendo out to multiple parks - a la Harry Potter.

I've heard rumors about Orlando having to do something with the Nintendo license by a certain date and maybe Epic won't be ready by that date. This could be an easy(ish) way to fulfill that contract need.

Another new attraction in IOA also would line up with that theory - with Hagrid's and Velocicaoster new adds, it seems like it's UOA's 'turn' for an update. Seems like they are looking to turn something over relatively quickly and this is an easy space to do that.

It's the best looking entry to any attraction and what was inside was a letdown.

Lashed34
You can contact the moderator which is me, Macraven, when you need to correct your title to your thread

No report needed, just send me a note for next time you need to change a title of any thread you create

I did like the ending scene of the final walk thru of Poseidon

I can't say I will miss the attraction much, it did have some neat special effects and was a good place to go on a hot day or while it rained. We have always enjoyed the architecture, music, and feel of the lost continent area. When my kids were younger they enjoyed the crafts people, Sinbad show, and we still enjoy the fountain. (And of course the original dueling dragons coaster). It would be nice for them to do something in keeping with the theme.

I would be very surprised if Universal didn't take this opportunity to expand Hogsmede. I don't feel like it needs to be another land necessarily but Hogsmede could absolutely do with more room - both outside and additional stores.

I thought the Poseidon building would be a great opportunity to put maybe a show in - kind of similar to Poseidon but HP version? Or maybe a Shrieking Shack?

I would think the Nintendo stuff would just stay in Epic Universe, unless they were actually devoting a whole land to it. But as a requirement to keep a license - that is another story.

I am hurt at all this disrespect for fury

personally, it is one of my favorite orlando shows and no trip to universal is complete without doing it (at least twice!!. I read this and my heart sank. getting rid of this, for me, is a huge loss

the affects are amazing, the actors are amazing, the soundtrack's amazing, it's a perfect length for a show, I can't fault it

I'm upset by this. why not just go ahead and tear down the TTA, as well- and if you're really mean carousel of progress.

you've ruined one part of my florida experience, why not ruin the rest- also I refuse to ride the new version of splash mountain when they've finished getting rid of song of the south

how can you ride splash mountain without brerr bear or brerr rabbit

get a grip disney

anyway, I'm going off topic. back to fury

I would be very surprised if Universal didn't take this opportunity to expand Hogsmede. I don't feel like it needs to be another land necessarily but Hogsmede could absolutely do with more room - both outside and additional stores.

I thought the Poseidon building would be a great opportunity to put maybe a show in - kind of similar to Poseidon but HP version? Or maybe a Shrieking Shack?

I would think the Nintendo stuff would just stay in Epic Universe, unless they were actually devoting a whole land to it. But as a requirement to keep a license - that is another story.
Agreed, that area is all kind of wasted space. So should be expanded into Hogsmeade. Except keep the talking fountain

Agreed, that area is all kind of wasted space. So should be expanded into Hogsmeade. Except keep the talking fountain

The talking fountain could easily turn into a magical fountain - great idea!

I like the Burrow option too - it would even be cool to walk through the house or something similar to Forbidden Journey...then maybe a game? Like Toy Story/Buzz type game but HP themed? I would loooove that.

I am hurt at all this disrespect for fury

personally, it is one of my favorite orlando shows and no trip to universal is complete without doing it (at least twice!!. I read this and my heart sank. getting rid of this, for me, is a huge loss

the affects are amazing, the actors are amazing, the soundtrack's amazing, it's a perfect length for a show, I can't fault it

I'm upset by this. why not just go ahead and tear down the TTA, as well- and if you're really mean carousel of progress.

you've ruined one part of my florida experience, why not ruin the rest- also I refuse to ride the new version of splash mountain when they've finished getting rid of song of the south

how can you ride splash mountain without brerr bear or brerr rabbit

get a grip disney

anyway, I'm going off topic. back to fury
We love it too. Did it last year before it closed. I love the spieler. So few attractions like that anymore. I understand that it’s not popular though. Love the fountain too, but we haven’t seen him operating since before Covid.

I did PF for the first time the day before IOA's grand opening. We just happened to be there, didn't know they were soft-opening a second park, did both in one day, and never regretted it. It was so different from anything else in either park and we looked forward to it every trip.

I'm sad to see it go - Lost Continent was such a cool concept that never really lived up to its full potential and then got swamped by Hogsmeade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter