Portofino Room Help

Lizzytish

Earning My Ears
Stayed at HRH twice and loved it in the Deluxe Room - 2 queens and a sleeper sofa in a larger than standard room - something like 500 sq. ft. May want to try Portofino next summer.

We like to "spread out" a bit. What are the different levels of rooms at Portofino and how big? Do any have sleeper sofas? Balcony? Thanks so much for your help!!

Not sure of all the room types available at Portofino. Hopefully someone will post.

hi lizzy just back from pbh and stayed in a bay view villa room.(3563)we were booked for a garden view room with the entertainment rate($155)was upgraded to bay villa room without asking and we had a balconey.(Loved it)we were in the west wing and that was great also because we came out our door and the boat to universal was there and the beach pool with the slide was right there also.
as far as room size goes it was about 500" with 2 queen beds.no sleep sofa but had a chair.there was enough room for roll away bed to be brought in but that is $25 a night.any questons ask away.

Hi Skip - thanks for the quick reply. You are so lucky to have gotten an upgrade. The last 2 times at HRH they told me 1) since I booked with Ent. Rate I wasn't eligible for upgrade (even though I say I would pay extra) and 2) "Oh, we're sold out anyway." I think we might try Portofino next time if I can get an Ent. Rate there. Even though you didn't stay in Garden View, do you know if those rooms are same size as Bay View Villa room you were upgraded to? Thanks alot!!

yes i believe they are.(maybe the only differnce is in bay view you get double bathroom)
they remind me of the size of the polynesan hotel but just a bit larger.there was plenty of room for double queen and rollaway bed.
i didn't ask for the upgrade (although i was gonna)i just gave them my name and they said i see we have you in a bayview room on west wing.i had called the week before and asked to be put in the west wing if they had any rooms.
they were very nice there at checkin and asked what i would like to be sent to the room the fruit wine or cookies and milk.and it was there in 2 hours or so.
i also have another story on the 3rd day there i had my aunt coming to stay the night to watch the kids.so i went down and was gonna get the rollaway rented for $25 for the night but decided to see if they had any suites avalible to upgrade to if it wasn't that much.
so i talked to pat at checkin told her my aunt was staying and was seeing about if you had any suites avalible at entertainment rate so we could have a little more room.she checked and didn't so any queen size suites avalible so i figured thats fine.she then said we had over 400 check out yesterday how about i give you a 2 bedroom paylor suite for the same entertainment rate you got for the garden room before the upgrade.so to make a long story short we got 2 room parlor suite with a king bed and seperate parlor for $155 for that night.it was like having two seperate hotel rooms.and i saw that the parlor suites were from $650-$900.
we have been lucky and stayed at a lot of nice hotels but i have to say this by far the best we have ever stayed at.(and not only because of the upgrade either.though it helped.)

Skip, I just booked the Portofino Parlor Suite and I'm trying to get some info on this type of suite. Can you tell me how big it was and weather or not it had 2 full size bathrooms? I would love to hear anything you can think of about this suite! Thanks in advance!

Mufffy you'll have a bathroom in the Parlour and then a bathroom in your connecting bedroom as well. The Parlour will have a t.v.vcr set just like your bedroom a couch and a chair those are the smallest of all the suites i think (don't quote me i did'nt pull the floor plan i have) it's around 300sq ft. so with your bedroom you'll have about 800 sq ft in total. There's also a hospitality, villa, goverer, & presidential Parlour and you can get one bedroom or two to connect to all the suites. Have a wonderful trip.

Thanks Partyofsix! Do you know fo a link that has floorplans? I appriecaite your help.

Muffy there's no link for me to give you sorry. I have a book that has them all in it but i can't put my hands on it at the moment. Just relax and the only thing i can see with your 18 day trip is you'll wish you had spent a minimum of 3 days 4 is optuim to really enjoy the hotel and the parks.LOL You might like to check in to a spa treatment next trip at PBH there awesome!

muffy i had 3233 (that was the bedroom part)and 3235(that was the parlor one)we had 2 keys for each door and the was a connecting door in between.in the parlor they had a table with 2 chairs right by the window looking at the dock for the boat.and it also had a couch and a regular chair.it had a t.v and a full sized bathroom.the bedroom had a king bed a t.v and a chair in the corner.it also had a full sized hugh bathroom.this one didn't have a balconey but was really nice.if you were going to stay for more than a few days and could afford it it is perfect.it is like getting a condo.

Partyofsix, I think you are right about adding more days to our PBH stay. I am seriously thinking of adding one more night. I would love more info on the spa! I may just ask Santa for a visit to PBH spa as we arrive 12/27! Thank you for all the great info.

Skip, Thank you for the great information about this suite! We are Platinum Loews and have been upgraded to this suite when we booked a garden view room (189.00/nt)! This will be our first time onsite at US. I am really looking forward to our stay! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your vacation at Universal.

Muffy

I am Plat. also, but got most of my points from Orlando Loews Hotels. Where else have you stayed? I noticed this was your first onsite at UO.

Loews comped us Platinum to match our Platinum Starwood membership. Hyatt matched Starwood too. We will have Diamond status for one year with Hyatt. After that you have to earn Diamond. Same with Starwood. Loews told me that once you are Plat it is for life?! I still find that hard to believe? I've asked several times and keep getting the same answer. As long as you stay at a Loews at least once in a calander year you will remain platinum. How great is that!

Muffy

Muffy I have had the Japense Silk facial and the well being massage and i enjoyed them both. I highly recommend the Japanse silk facial it's total relaxing and you just want to run back to your room and MELT in your wonderful plush bed.LOL We may be there on your same dates. I'm still debating the trip but we usually go the second day after christmas (takes that long to get the house back in order.LOL) and stay till the new years day. It's so much fun. Last year we had a villa suite and two adjoining rooms and it was over 1800 sqft. I have triplets and an 11yo and our nanny comes with us so the room was needed. It was an upgrade and so nice! We had a nice bulter kicten with a separate door for that then three more separate entrys for those rooms. I highly recommend you request a bayview for christmas you can over look the piazza and the grinch story time every evening they put out hot cocoa, cookies, milk for the guest. There are wine tasting's in the lobby too. Make your new years ressies' wAYYYYYYYY in advance for Mama Della's or you WON''T get in. We had ressies' at Mythos timing it prefect to watch the firworks for midnight and it stormed so bad we could not get to the parks and where stuck! We ate at Tarrorito which was wonderful they gave out party hats and noise makers it was fun but i really want to be in the parks but it thunderstormed for hours. Have fun.

Partyofsix, Thanks for the info on the massage! I just may get one! Your suite sounds great! That was more like a small apartment! You certainly did need the room. How nice that they upgraded you! Since this parlor suite is my upgrade I'm not holding much hope for a further upgrade. I will defiantly ask for a bay view though. It did pour last NYE in Orlando! We were at the Dolphin and called it a night early because of that storm. I can"t wait to stay onsite at PBH! Happy Planning!

Just had to say that I was in that downpour at Chef Mickey's last NYE. It was the most rain I had ever seen at DW!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter