Portofino Club Renovation - still worth it or more space and grocery/drizly delivery?

Frstclspls

Earning My Ears
I posted this in the portofino thread but no response so trying here! TIA!

Club level renovation - worth it?

Trying to decide between a club level 2Q room or a family suite or 2 garden rooms for 4 of us. If no club level we will just use Instacart/drizly to stock the rooms, but I was originally looking forward to the level of service and ambience associated with club level but it’s proving challenging adding any extra space and now that the club will be under renovation I am less inclined to keep that reservation vs the family suite res.

I contacted the hotel to understand which room might connect to a club level room and was told it has to be another club 2Q, and that the club lounge will begin renovations Aug 2-Dec, and the lounge will be temporarily located in the Tuscan ballroom.

it has been 10+ years since we visited, and I’m pretty sure the ballrooms were not exactly centrally located as that’s where my conference was, and I was looking forward to enjoying the club level patio area for breakfast before the parks. If it’s in a ballroom I can just serve protein bars in the room and we can choose the family suite instead….what would you do here?

I would avoid booking club

went thru that before when one of the other premier hotels did a renovation

I would avoid booking club

went thru that before when one of the other premier hotels did a renovation

I definitely want to hear about anyone’s direct experience with Portofino before we go in September but what was it like Macraven? Was everything to go only?

I have one booked August 27-30th. I wasn't notified at all of it being relocated. Do they usually notify you like Disney? I'm so disappointed.

It might be an improvement. If they use one of the meeting spaces that is connected to an outdoor space, it might be wonderful.

It might be an improvement. If they use one of the meeting spaces that is connected to an outdoor space, it might be wonderful.
The OP stated it would be held in Tuscan Ballroom. Never been to PBH yet but that would be awesome if it connected to outdoor space!

The OP stated it would be held in Tuscan Ballroom. Never been to PBH yet but that would be awesome if it connected to outdoor space!

The Tuscan Ballroom is massive and it does connect to outdoor space. They are probably doing to only be using part of the ballroom since it can be broken up into many smaller venues.

38d3e5a8d25b75629da74ddfb754dee0.jpg

Here now, this is exactly what they did and I think I like it more this way. They are using the 3 ballrooms across the piazza from the old lounge. 1 ballroom is food, the other 2 are seating, along with many tables outside.

Attachments

• 20210802_095211.jpg
    20210802_095211.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 190
  • 20210802_095151.jpg
    20210802_095151.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 181
  • 20210802_095141.jpg
    20210802_095141.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 178
  • 20210802_095205.jpg
    20210802_095205.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 181
  • 20210802_095134.jpg
    20210802_095134.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 180
  • 20210802_095125.jpg
    20210802_095125.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Here now, this is exactly what they did and I think I like it more this way. They are using the 3 ballrooms across the piazza from the old lounge. 1 ballroom is food, the other 2 are seating, along with many tables outside.

Thank you for the update and pictures, very much appreciated....... :thumbsup2

It does look good and should work well for folks.

Thank you so much for the information and pictures! I just booked club level at Portofino for $60 more a night than the standard room at Royal Pacific we had originally booked. I have both reservations while I do a little investigating into what the club level entails.

It looked like cereal, bagels, pastries/donuts, and fruit for cold items in the pictures. Were the hot items potatoes, eggs and breakfast burritos?

Can you please post what the food line up was for the rest of the different time periods (if you were there for those)?

Thank you so much for the information and pictures! I just booked club level at Portofino for $60 more a night than the standard room at Royal Pacific we had originally booked. I have both reservations while I do a little investigating into what the club level entails.

It looked like cereal, bagels, pastries/donuts, and fruit for cold items in the pictures. Were the hot items potatoes, eggs and breakfast burritos?

Can you please post what the food line up was for the rest of the different time periods (if you were there for those)?

Yes you are correct on the breakfast items. Here are the dinner menus, sorry its a picture of a phone. In addition to those items, there's veggies and dip, cheese and crackers, rolls. We haven't went hungry at all this trip! Midday snacks have been veggies and dip, tortilla chips and salsa, bagged chips, goldfish, granola bars. Theres always fresh fruit and drinks available, bottled water, coke, sprite, diet coke, coke zero. Coffee

Attachments

• 20210801_123702.jpg
    20210801_123702.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 160
  • 20210801_123656.jpg
    20210801_123656.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 149

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter