PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

I am looking at the map and trying to see which wing is closer to the walking path. The west wing or the hospitality wing? Also, I have seen there is also a path you can take that cuts across the hard rock parking lot. We usually stay at hard rock but wanted to try Portofino for October. Any help would be appreciated. Would be nice if there was a room finder option on touring plans for universal hotels. The room we have reserved is a 1 bedroom suite garden view if that makes any difference.
We like West Wing. It is close to walking path. I have never tried cutting through the parking lot.

Is anyone at club level currently that could post the dinner menu? We will be there in 2 weeks and I’m trying to get an idea of best day to feed the kids from the club and then plan a dinner for my husband and I.

Is anyone at club level currently that could post the dinner menu? We will be there in 2 weeks and I’m trying to get an idea of best day to feed the kids from the club and then plan a dinner for my husband and I.

The most recent menu was posted on page 88 of this thread.

Thank You! I believe they change seasonally? I was wondering if we hit a new season. Starting to feel like Spring 😄

I don`t think they change that often, but if you email or call them they`ll send you a copy of the current one if it`s not still the previous one posted.

RPR sends out an email the week before you arrive, I assume PB does the same. :)

I don`t think they change that often, but if you email or call them they`ll send you a copy of the current one if it`s not still the previous one posted.

RPR sends out an email the week before you arrive, I assume PB does the same. :)
I have stayed club level a few times at Portofino Bay and never gotten one. I may need to reach out because that would be helpful.

I have stayed club level a few times at Portofino Bay and never gotten one. I may need to reach out because that would be helpful.

So reaching out to Portofino Bay Customer Service was great. They sent me the menu which is the same one on page 84 and 88 of this thread if anyone wants to see it. They were quick and also took my room request. Honestly I have no idea why I haven’t reached out before.

So reaching out to Portofino Bay Customer Service was great. They sent me the menu which is the same one on page 84 and 88 of this thread if anyone wants to see it. They were quick and also took my room request. Honestly I have no idea why I haven’t reached out before.

Glad to hear it Dawn and glad you got your room requests in too.

Loews Customer Service is second to none.

What number did you call? What is a good request for garden view club level room?

Does anyone have any experience with the spa there at PBH? I’m planning a sisters trip and thought that would be fun. Mainly thinking of the massage services.

Does anyone have any experience with the spa there at PBH? I’m planning a sisters trip and thought that would be fun. Mainly thinking of the massage services.

I have only accessed it via having club level. Which means I could use the sauna and whirl pool. It was nice but I can’t comment on any of the services.

We're planning on booking a Club 2Q for Feb vacation week 2024 for our family of 5. Assuming this category has no upgrade option when booking through AMEX Fine Hotels. Wondering if anyone has any experience with this? The other "perks" available by booking through AMEX are barely worth it except for the 4pm check out provided booking directly is the same price.

I am planning on using AMEX. for a club stay also and have been wondering the exact same thing. Hoping someone has an answer to this question.

We're planning on booking a Club 2Q for Feb vacation week 2024 for our family of 5. Assuming this category has no upgrade option when booking through AMEX Fine Hotels. Wondering if anyone has any experience with this? The other "perks" available by booking through AMEX are barely worth it except for the 4pm check out provided booking directly is the same price.
I’m hoping someone can help u with your question. I’m planning a club level stay in June using AMEX and have been wondering same thing. Been searching everywhere online with no success.

I’m hoping someone can help u with your question. I’m planning a club level stay in June using AMEX and have been wondering same thing. Been searching everywhere online with no success.
Same. The breakfast perk is of no use to us with the Club access and it's unlikely we'll get to the resort much before regular check-in time. WiFi is already available, I thought. We do technically have an extra adult (DD1 will be 20) and need a rollaway for DS. I figured that the Club 2Q isn't an upgradeable category. I planned to just be sweet and ask if we don't access the breakfast in the restaurant, would they credit our account the cost of the rollaway and extra adult instead? It's likely the same "cost". All they can say is no and we had already planned to pay it anyway.

We have two nights at PBH after two nights at Cabana Bay booked for the end of April. I was planning on RPR but when I called they only had hospitality suites. Now that it’s worked out this way I’m really excited to try PBH. We stayed at RPR during our first and only trip which was the January right before Covid.

I got an AP rate of $399 per night for a Deluxe Room. Deluxe but not club. I felt pretty good about that, not knowing what to expect. Because I was not prepared I didn’t put any room requests on the reservation but I think I may try to add them.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a request for Deluxe 2 Queen room?

It’s going to be me, DH, and DD10. We’ll probably spend lots of our time in the parks using those EPs but I hope we can squeeze in a little pool time and a pizza at some point.

Thanks for any advice!

Not sure if it has been reported before, but I was looking at rates for an upcoming trip and noticed this little announcement -

Loews Portofino Bay Hotel will be making repairs to the façade of the hotel from June 2023 – June 2025 to maintain the immersive experience of our Italian village. All work will be done during business hours 9am – 6pm. These repairs are being done one section at a time and may be visible to our guests. Guests can expect noise from time to time. Thank you for your understanding

Oops, now I see it was posted a while ago. Never mind!

I just came across this article regarding upcoming renovations to Portofino Bay Resort
My wife and I are going to Universal for 5 days during the first week of December 2023.
I booked both a Royal Pacific and Portofino package just in case something like this came up.
I'm curious what everyone else's thoughts are on this?
I wonder if PB will offer some sort of perks as a "sorry for the noise" type of thing.

Also, I just read on the Royal Pacific thread that they did away with the Rickshaws. Is that the case over at the PB as well?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter