PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

We just got back from a week at Portofino in Minions Suite room 1282. This was in the East Wing almost all the way on the end. We’ve stayed in the West Wing before (3151) which I preferred because it was closer to the boat launch and path and pool, but the East Wing was definitely quieter. Room 1282 has a Juliette balcony off the king room which was very nice.

Views from the balcony

Attachments

• 5669272C-40D2-4DE7-8512-003513E4DCC0.jpeg
    5669272C-40D2-4DE7-8512-003513E4DCC0.jpeg
    188.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 40ADB9B9-0653-445B-9604-748E20A38E12.jpeg
    40ADB9B9-0653-445B-9604-748E20A38E12.jpeg
    124.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 4D7F8C55-B494-4FD3-BF73-10DAF4129603.jpeg
    4D7F8C55-B494-4FD3-BF73-10DAF4129603.jpeg
    133 KB · Views: 22
What did you do besides Hagrids and velicoaster ? Curious thanks
I didn't do a whole lot this trip (I'm a tall guy with big shoulders ... barely fit on many of the rides my last trip to Universal in 2015 ... the extra 30 I put on during Covid made fitting on most of the new rides pretty tough. On our last trip, the newest rides were Gringott's, Transformers and Minion Mayhem (which soft opened our last day there). Since our last trip, Hagrid's, Velocicoaster, Kong, Fast & Furious, Jimmy Fallon, Bourne Stunt Spectacular were all added. Mummy and Poseidon's Fury apparently had some significant work done.

Kong was pretty fun (though I'm not sure I'd wait the hour it was showing at times if I didn't have Express Pass). Poseidon's Fury is ludicrous and so bad it's entertaining. Spiderman is still a fantastic ride even at it's advanced age (heck, if Disney stole the ride and updated the film to MCU quality .... wow).

I didn't do a whole lot this trip (I'm a tall guy with big shoulders ... barely fit on many of the rides my last trip to Universal in 2015 ... the extra 30 I put on during Covid made fitting on most of the new rides pretty tough. On our last trip, the newest rides were Gringott's, Transformers and Minion Mayhem (which soft opened our last day there). Since our last trip, Hagrid's, Velocicoaster, Kong, Fast & Furious, Jimmy Fallon, Bourne Stunt Spectacular were all added. Mummy and Poseidon's Fury apparently had some significant work done.

Kong was pretty fun (though I'm not sure I'd wait the hour it was showing at times if I didn't have Express Pass). Poseidon's Fury is ludicrous and so bad it's entertaining. Spiderman is still a fantastic ride even at it's advanced age (heck, if Disney stole the ride and updated the film to MCU quality .... wow).
thanks! Haven't been to UO in ages and just starting to research again.

This is how we stayed at Portofino twice so far. AMEX Platinum card booked through AMEX fine resorts. The dinner credit is taken off your bill at the end of stay if you charge it to your room. If you charge it to your card it's credited back to the card. You also get breakfast for 2 every day including checkout day. It's so worth it. Made to order omelets and other breakfast items buffet style but they will cook to order also. You will also get a $200 statement credit. Best deal going right now. We arrive this Saturday for 7 nights. Can't wait

Apologies - but what is the $200 statement credit for? Also what restaurant is the dinner credit for? Worth booking something in advance?

I can’t help re the statement credit but the dinner credit is a $100 credit that can be used at any of the F&B locations at Portofino Bay apart from Bice. Here’s the welcome letter we received:
Also worth mentioning that whilst it says the breakfast credit is for Trattoria al Porto we were told that we could also use it ($68 per day between the two of us) at Starbucks or towards room service. That would be a lot of Starbucks…

Here's a bit of a crazy question. Can anyone tell me the parking situation at PBR? Do they have outside parking lots or a parking garage? We were thinking of renting a small U-Haul type trailer to use to move our group from OKW at Disney to PBR and then on to Bay Lake Tower at Disney again. It would be for all the luggage. Also can anyone local recommend a close rental place? We would like to pick it up when we are staying at OKW and then drop it off after we move to Bay Lake Towers. Thank you for any info.

Here's a bit of a crazy question. Can anyone tell me the parking situation at PBR? Do they have outside parking lots or a parking garage? We were thinking of renting a small U-Haul type trailer to use to move our group from OKW at Disney to PBR and then on to Bay Lake Tower at Disney again. It would be for all the luggage. Also can anyone local recommend a close rental place? We would like to pick it up when we are staying at OKW and then drop it off after we move to Bay Lake Towers. Thank you for any info.
They have a huge parking garage. Not sure it would be big enough for a trailer though (and they might charge you for two spots). Not sure if you're driving your own vehicle or what your car needs are while you're there, but the parking cost and car rental costs could be huge ... you might want to look into scheduling a car (or, depending on your needs, a transit connect or similar large van) on your transfer days. We did that for our recent trip and it was really reasonable. The cost of our limo and ubers when we needed them was far less than rental cars and parking for us.

In your situation, if you have a car, maybe you could hire a van just to take your luggage to the resort for less than a u-haul rental (and without the hassle of getting/returning it)

Apologies - but what is the $200 statement credit for? Also what restaurant is the dinner credit for? Worth booking something in advance?
Once a year you get a $200 statement credit on a vacation booked through AMEX Fine Resorts and Hotels. The dinner credit is automatically applied once you eat dinner at the resort. As a pp said, Bice is excluded. Mama Della's imo is better food and is included.

They have a huge parking garage. Not sure it would be big enough for a trailer though (and they might charge you for two spots). Not sure if you're driving your own vehicle or what your car needs are while you're there, but the parking cost and car rental costs could be huge ... you might want to look into scheduling a car (or, depending on your needs, a transit connect or similar large van) on your transfer days. We did that for our recent trip and it was really reasonable. The cost of our limo and ubers when we needed them was far less than rental cars and parking for us.

In your situation, if you have a car, maybe you could hire a van just to take your luggage to the resort for less than a u-haul rental (and without the hassle of getting/returning it)
Thank you for the response. We are flying but meeting up with family members that are local and will have a car. Over the course of the vacation we are switching hotels three times so that was the reason for the idea of using a small trailer. We have decided to book a car service to pick us up at the airport and to move us between hotels. Not a bad price, no extra parking fee and probably much less overall hassle.

Thank you for the response. We are flying but meeting up with family members that are local and will have a car. Over the course of the vacation we are switching hotels three times so that was the reason for the idea of using a small trailer. We have decided to book a car service to pick us up at the airport and to move us between hotels. Not a bad price, no extra parking fee and probably much less overall hassle.
We've been going to Orlando on vacation nearly yearly since 2004 .... I used to be hardcore "rent a car and stay offsite". Between the rise in those costs, the extra parking charges and the increase availability of car services and ride share services, we haven't rented a car in a few years and It's been both more convenient and less money. Of course it helps when your kids are out of car seats and you don't need strollers any more, it's a whole lot easier. Hope it works out for you !

Last night at Portofino. I was happy the Lavenderia is open since we like to do laundry before leaving. Just in case it hasn’t been covered yet, the guest laundry is located near the entrance to the Villa Pool in the Villa wing on the 2nd floor. You need your room key to enter. There are 3 front loading washers and 5 front loading dryers. Washers are $4.00 for 35-40 minutes and dryers are $4.00 for 50 minutes. Jeans took 2 dryer cycles. All are credit card machines. There is also a flat screen TV if you choose to hang out in the laundry. We go to the pool and set a timer on our phone.16A96E9F-35A3-4E44-B874-870B0AB70A15.jpegC0D1D549-0ED1-484C-AE5F-36E182FD4BA1.jpegCCB226CD-EF88-42E0-8EEE-20C53AAB54B9.jpeg

Last edited:
Can anyone please tell me if PBH has the retractable laundry line above the tubs in the bathroom (to dry a swimsuit, etc)?

Thanks in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter