PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

The club rooms have no USB ports either. We just stayed in a 2-queen club room beginning of May, and I threw in plugs at the last second just in case and was glad I did. I specifically remember commenting to my son, “What hotel doesn’t have USB ports?!” We also had some issue with food being gone, but it was more so due to guests taking outrageous amounts - granted the lounge attendants should be monitoring and replenishing the best they can, but there were several people that were downright rude. There was a woman my age right in front of me who took all the strawberries one morning at breakfast. I don’t mean there were five strawberries left; I mean she stood there and loaded up two plates and emptied the bowl as I was clearly standing there waiting. Dessert hour - forget it; people were loading plates, absolutely piling it on, and the attendants were bringing stuff out as quickly as they could, but it ran out fast. Breakfast was also very heavy on the eggs, as someone else mentioned. And I loathe eggs. Other than that, we had quite a nice trip. I’m sorry yours wasn’t so great (but I hear you!).

People amaze me sometimes. I'm all for getting your monies worth and I usually grab a snack or 2 for the road, but some people can be excessive. We just returned from a stay at AKL club level and one afternoon I saw a guy filling his backpack with drinks, chips, and snacks... I don't mean a few. He was literally stuffing it full :oops:.

People amaze me sometimes. I'm all for getting your monies worth and I usually grab a snack or 2 for the road, but some people can be excessive. We just returned from a stay at AKL club level and one afternoon I saw a guy filling his backpack with drinks, chips, and snacks... I don't mean a few. He was literally stuffing it full :oops:.
I bet he was renting points and filled his case with toiletries from the carts too.

Last time we stayed club at PBH I sent my husband down to get some waters and the staff gave him a plastic bag and encouraged him to fill it up.

Since there's a bit of chat about just returning from club level, I'll ask again- any recent experience with how they are dealing with allergies club level? Do they actually offer some alternates, or is it more "if you're allergic, don't take it"?
Years ago we did Yacht club CL and when we went to the lounge they would actually call to the chef who would make us something. I don't know if we should be anticipating that or if CL for us is basically just to-go drinks and walking into a special room.

Since there's a bit of chat about just returning from club level, I'll ask again- any recent experience with how they are dealing with allergies club level? Do they actually offer some alternates, or is it more "if you're allergic, don't take it"?
Years ago we did Yacht club CL and when we went to the lounge they would actually call to the chef who would make us something. I don't know if we should be anticipating that or if CL for us is basically just to-go drinks and walking into a special room.
It may be best to reach out to Club Level before you arrive and let them know if you have special requests so they can try to accommodate. We traveled with someone that was Vegan last October and when the new lounge was under construction. They did provide him almond milk and later in the week made an effort to have a vegan dessert options for him. The evening options however, were a bit hit or miss and it was challenging for him. There was even a time when the menu said Penne Marinara which was Vegan but it turned out to be Penne with Cheese which wasn't. To be fair, we did not think to let them know ahead of time and you can tell there were staffing shortages and perhaps even inventory shortages so it may not be a fair comparison to what its like now. Additionally, they were in a satellite area due to construction. The staff at the lounge was apologetic and provided my friend vouchers for food at Sal's. If you reach out to the team that oversees the club lounge ahead of time they may be better prepared with some additional options for you.

It may be best to reach out to Club Level before you arrive and let them know if you have special requests so they can try to accommodate. We traveled with someone that was Vegan last October and when the new lounge was under construction. They did provide him almond milk and later in the week made an effort to have a vegan dessert options for him. The evening options however, were a bit hit or miss and it was challenging for him. There was even a time when the menu said Penne Marinara which was Vegan but it turned out to be Penne with Cheese which wasn't. To be fair, we did not think to let them know ahead of time and you can tell there were staffing shortages and perhaps even inventory shortages so it may not be a fair comparison to what its like now. Additionally, they were in a satellite area due to construction. The staff at the lounge was apologetic and provided my friend vouchers for food at Sal's. If you reach out to the team that oversees the club lounge ahead of time they may be better prepared with some additional options for you.
Thank you! It's super helpful to know they at least attempt to do something from someone's experience. Over the years we have learned that reaching out to places in advance, which we always do, very often gets us answers that aren't how things play out in real life. Sometimes the real experiences give us a whole lot more useful information.
I will reach out but our trip is not planned until November, for now my thought is mainly on whether it's worth the club level upgrade. As long as I know that they are likely to at least attempt to assist, I'm good with it.

Thank you! It's super helpful to know they at least attempt to do something from someone's experience. Over the years we have learned that reaching out to places in advance, which we always do, very often gets us answers that aren't how things play out in real life. Sometimes the real experiences give us a whole lot more useful information.
I will reach out but our trip is not planned until November, for now my thought is mainly on whether it's worth the club level upgrade. As long as I know that they are likely to at least attempt to assist, I'm good with it.

I know at RP they will bring you a complete dish of your own with a meal you can eat if you are allergic to dishes on offer.

They are very good with allergies there and I`m sure HRH and PBH have the same high standards. Anyone we`ve seen with allergies have always been pleased with what`s been done for them.

They can bring you seperate muffins and bread for breakfast and anything else you need along with your various milks and other items.

It is a case of letting them know ahead of time so the chef can be prepared for whatever needs folk have.

I know at RP they will bring you a complete dish of your own with a meal you can eat if you are allergic to dishes on offer.

They are very good with allergies there and I`m sure HRH and PBH have the same high standards. Anyone we`ve seen with allergies have always been pleased with what`s been done for them.

They can bring you seperate muffins and bread for breakfast and anything else you need along with your various milks and other items.

It is a case of letting them know ahead of time so the chef can be prepared for whatever needs folk have.
Thank you! This is good news, we're not super picky so this sounds like it will end up more than adequate.

Good Morning all!

We are finally heading back to Orlando for 2 weeks in December!

We usually stay at Royal Pacific, but after months of checking we could get a room there with the length of stay discount. They have actually raised the prices now....LOL.

So we have a Deluxe 2 Queen booked at Portofino with a 30% discount.

From the information available the Deluxe is 490 sq ft instead of 450 sq ft. The pictures show a modern walk-in shower instead of a tub.
What are the actual differences with the Deluxe room? Are these the ones with the balconies?
Did they refurb the rest of these rooms when they updated the shower? Are they located in specific spots or all over the resort?

Thanks in advance!

Good Morning all!

We are finally heading back to Orlando for 2 weeks in December!

We usually stay at Royal Pacific, but after months of checking we could get a room there with the length of stay discount. They have actually raised the prices now....LOL.

So we have a Deluxe 2 Queen booked at Portofino with a 30% discount.

From the information available the Deluxe is 490 sq ft instead of 450 sq ft. The pictures show a modern walk-in shower instead of a tub.
What are the actual differences with the Deluxe room? Are these the ones with the balconies?
Did they refurb the rest of these rooms when they updated the shower? Are they located in specific spots or all over the resort?

Thanks in advance

Hi, i have a question along the same lines re the difference between the 2 queens and deluxe 2 queens specifically relating to the bathrooms. Since the most recent renovation, what is the difference between the two bathrooms. Anyone?

sorry if this question was answered. Tried to do a search. Does Portofino Bay have online check in and if so how does it work? We will be at Epcot/MK on our check in day and was hoping to avoid having to take time out of the parks to go over to PB to check in

From Portofino Bay, How much time should we allow to get to:

Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure
Volcano Bay
City Walk
MCO

Thank you!

Depending on your speed around a 15-20 minute walk to the parks, cut through the HRH parking lot short cut. The boats are frequent so if there was a boat ready I`d take the boats, it`s a pleasant ride back and forward.

You can`t walk to VB, you can only do that from Cabana Bay. Take the shuttle, we have never used them.

Citywalk the same, about 15 minutes walking.

MCO usually takes us around 20-25 minutes but we don`t travel in rush hour to get back.

sorry if this question was answered. Tried to do a search. Does Portofino Bay have online check in and if so how does it work? We will be at Epcot/MK on our check in day and was hoping to avoid having to take time out of the parks to go over to PB to check in
They will send you an email the day before where you can fill in your info, credit card etc. Then when you arrive there is a separate line for folks who have done the online check in to get your room key. It my experience PB never has room ready before 4pm so I wouldn't be in a hurry to get there if you're not heading right to the parks.

I just returned from a 4 night stay at PFB in club level. I stayed at HRH last fall, and this was my third stay at PFB with the last stay being about 7 years ago. I was very disappointed in my stay and will not be going back anytime soon. Long story short, someone had thrown up in the room they gave us, it was not cleaned properly, and we had to move to a smaller non-club room (with a total $150 compensation). The shower had mold, the club was a big disappointment, and the boat service was slow.

The club renovation is beautiful, but the amount of food they served at each service was insufficient for the number of people they needed to serve. They ran out of food early at every service except breakfast. The boat service was terrible all week. We waited and waited and waited on boats. There was always a line, and one day we even shared a boat with HRH. We never made it on the first boat until our very last day when we left the parks in the middle of the afternoon. Leaving the parks at the end of the night was at least a 45 minute wait for a boat. One night it was longer and we had to wait until the 3rd boat. Not sure if it was a shortage of boat drivers or what, but it was a nightmare. You are better off walking or maybe even taking the bus.

ETA: my other big complaint was no USB ports for charging. A search of this thread reveals that detail, but I did not do that before my trip. I travel frequently and have literally not seen a hotel without them in several years, so I wrongly assumed they would be included in a $600+ room. While it isn't that huge of an inconvenience if you plan accordingly, it makes it very difficult if you forget your charger accessory bag at home like I did.
So sorry about your room experience!!
We stayed there last week of April and our room was great but I agree with you about the boats. We got pretty good about judging how many people were lined up and if we would make the next boat. We ended up walking more than I thought but the walk was more pleasant and shorter than I anticipated. The wait for boats in the evenings was terrible.

It was in the Villa wing. I think thats where all the deluxe 2queen rooms are. It was not that far from the boat dock and close to the pools.
I emailed them and asked for a water view
We had a deluxe Bay view room in West wing.

We’ll be at PBH Aug 15-18. I upgraded us to CL when a room popped up while I was stalking RPR availability. Then a standard room later last week popped up for RPR, but we had hyped ourselves up for the CL access so I guess that’s that I have a sinking feeling we’re setting ourselves up to gravitate towards CL each trip (like when we moved from 1 to to bds at DVC resorts)😅

I have a gluten allergy and DH shellfish & tree nuts. Is there a way to note this directly with CL TMs?

TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter