PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

Are bottles of water available in the club lounge?

:thumbsup2

i-CkKDvw3-X2.jpg

Quick question. We've stayed club level numerous times, but are not coffee drinkers. We're traveling with friends and they are. Does the lounge have a coffee machine, the type that can make espresso, lattes, those types of drinks? I know there's a Starbucks, but we're all staying club so we were wondering. Thanks! :)

Quick question. We've stayed club level numerous times, but are not coffee drinkers. We're traveling with friends and they are. Does the lounge have a coffee machine, the type that can make espresso, lattes, those types of drinks? I know there's a Starbucks, but we're all staying club so we were wondering. Thanks! :)

This is what Portofino CL offer in the way of coffee, tea and so on.

i-bFqpQbm-X2.jpg

i-Qqfdncj-X2.jpg

Portofino has regular coffee as well as a machine that makes lattes, espressos, and cappuccinos. the machine is in the bar area, which is our favorite place to sit as it’s usually less crowded and quieter. (When we went in May, the area in the above pic was where the toaster and various pastry options were - not sure if that’s a more recent pic than 5/23)

Portofino has regular coffee as well as a machine that makes lattes, espressos, and cappuccinos. the machine is in the bar area, which is our favorite place to sit as it’s usually less crowded and quieter. (When we went in May, the area in the above pic was where the toaster and various pastry options were - not sure if that’s a more recent pic than 5/23)
Yes! I discovered the machines on our last night there. We only sat in that area because there was no other seating. I think a lot of people miss it.

I was trying to find a picture of the machine, but I don`t have the PB one, but I believe they all have this type now, maybe correct me if it`s not the same.

The pictures above were taken in May this year.

i-Mngm68m-X2.jpg

I was trying to find a picture of the machine, but I don`t have the PB one, but I believe they all have this type now, maybe correct me if it`s not the same.

The pictures above were taken in May this year.

i-Mngm68m-X2.jpg
Yes, this is the machine they had. They must have moved things because all the coffee, juices, hot tea, etc were in the bar area when we were there the 1st week of May into the 2nd week of May.

Thanks for all the help @schumigirl, @SkyGuy and @jods . I'll let my friend know. One more question, sorry! When you refer to the "bar area", are you referring to the area as you walk in to the right where they serve beer and wine in the evening or, to the left where Bar American used to be. Thanks again! :)

Is there a limit on beer or wine for club level? Asking for a friend 😆

You get one drink at a time per person, no actual limit, but if they see someone getting intoxicated they will cut them off.

Thanks for all the help @schumigirl, @SkyGuy and @jods . I'll let my friend know. One more question, sorry! When you refer to the "bar area", are you referring to the area as you walk in to the right where they serve beer and wine in the evening or, to the left where Bar American used to be. Thanks again! :)

One of the areas of the new lounge set up is where Bar American used to be, they just included what was the bar as part of the lounge.

You are so welcome, glad to be of help.

Last year it was off to the left. They had a makeshift bar serving alcohol not the actual bar. I'm sure it has changed. They let me husband get 2 drinks at a time, one for me and him. We did go back again no problem.

Last year it was off to the left. They had a makeshift bar serving alcohol not the actual bar. I'm sure it has changed. They let me husband get 2 drinks at a time, one for me and him. We did go back again no problem.

Yes, they will give you two drinks if they see who the other person is, I meant they won`t give you anymore at the one time as some folks have asked for.

They do serve alcohol in the main part of the lounge from what you call a makeshift bar.....I think we`re on different tangents here.

Is there a limit on beer or wine for club level? Asking for a friend 😆
They open the beer there, but you can bring back to the room & creatively cover so it's fairly fresh for a bit later. A can of soda perched on a beer bottle seals it reasonably well for a few hours, if you want one waiting after a late jaunt to the parks...

Do all the club level rooms come with the bathroom with the separate toliet? Do I need to request this? I’m bringing two friends in October and this is probably a must. When my husband and I came in June it wasn’t an issue having it all be one room

Do all the club level rooms come with the bathroom with the separate toliet? Do I need to request this? I’m bringing two friends in October and this is probably a must. When my husband and I came in June it wasn’t an issue having it all be one roo
This was the bathroom in the room we had. 1 big door to get into the bathroom/sink area. Shower off to one side, sink in the middle and the toilet was on the other side with a door. I feel like you could see through the glass on the shower, I'm not 100% but that's how I remember it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230805-072917_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230805-072917_Samsung Internet.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 21
Do all the club level rooms come with the bathroom with the separate toliet? Do I need to request this? I’m bringing two friends in October and this is probably a must. When my husband and I came in June it wasn’t an issue having it all be one room
My understanding is that all of the club rooms are deluxe in the Villas and have the separate toilet area. Wouldn’t hurt to specify that you need this on your reservation though just in case. I’ve been able to get the separate area on my last two trips with a request and I didn’t stay club. The rooms I received were in the Villa section (club area). As posted above, the shower is clear and see through. Why they’d do that for a family resort I have no idea. Frosted would have made things so much easier! It’s still nice to have the toilet separate and I have read a few people bring something to hang in front of the shower so it can be used while others use the sink.

For the hors d'oeuvres at PB, do they stop serving these at 7p sharp? A bit surprising given the parks close at 7p starting next week (though maybe that is a part of their devious design? 👿)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter