Portofino Bay Check In

Anna Chassereau

DIS Veteran
Anyone stayed at Portofino recently? If so how was the check in process and did it take forever? I’m seeing crazy posts on FB about super long lines for check in at Cabana Bay and I’m just wondering if this has happened at Portofino. We check in on Sunday.

Mornings are bad because people arrive early (eg checking out of disney, checking into universal) and want to get their room key express passes and then go to the parks, plus you are waiting in line at the front desk with everyone sorting out account charges before checkout. That is what we did and it was the longest line of the day!

We checked in on 7/20 - probably around 11 or 11:15 AM. It took at least 45 minutes. There were 5 people in front of us and it took forever. Two or three agents were working the desk.

We saw a sign for the line for mobile check in, but we couldn't figure out how to even start that process to shift lines.

When they sent us the text for our room (got the text at 1:30), they said our keys were correct and we could go right to the room. We tried that, walked to the room, and the keys didn't work. I walked back down to the desk and there was no one in line. This was some time in mid-afternoon.

It's all down to timing and luck.

We arrived at 11:00 PM and the process still took about 25 minutes. There was one group in front of us (not being helped) and two people at the front desk working. The workers were just extremely slow....

We just got home today. Arrived at portofino early Friday. We were picked up at Disney at 8. Noone on line and 1 person in front of me for tickets (2 people working). The hotel was so quiet all weekend.

We arrived at 7:30 am on August 9th and waited about 5 minutes. Our room was ready early (I'm thinking around 1 pm) and had a beautiful view and a bit of a free upgrade. We loved out time there. Great people there, fantastic room. Can't wait to go back <3

We checked in June 30th at around 430pm and it was really quick, process took 5 minutes or so. Went again and checked in August 5th at around 10am and again 5 minutes or so.

Checked in last Wednesday around 11. There was no line and was finished checking in within 8 minutes. I had requested a room on the West side close to boat and pool and granted one which ready immediately. Was pretty pleased.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter