Portion sizes at POP...

akalittleeva

Mouseketeer
On the DDP, I am hoping we can share breakfast and lunch CS between the 4 of us (dh, me, ds10, dd8 - 2 CS at each meal), but I'm wondering how large the breakfast portions are at POP - I'm familiar with the parks CS, and know that lunch portions are big enough for us to share, but have always had breakfast in our rooms in the past...are the breakfast portions similar to the parks CS lunch meals?

Breakfasts are the toughest meals to share. If you're just looking for something light it's possible. I was traveling with my two kids and we used our saved credits (from meal-sharing) to buy CS breakfasts. We were able to split 2 meals between the 3 of us and we felt ok, but certainly not full.

We ordered Mickey waffles with bacon. They were VERY generous with the bacon (one plate had 9 slices and the other plate had 10), but the waffles are smaller than your typical Belgian waffle.

In the past you were able to also order a "dessert" with each meal, which could be a donut, pastry, muffin, bagel, etc. That option was removed from the plan, but apparently SOME of the resort food courts still let you do it. If you can find one that does, then meal-sharing for breakfast becomes a lot easier.

The other thing to keep in mind breakfast at the resorts is that you can get the largest size bottled beverage with your meal on the DDP (OJ, powerade, nesquik, etc). If you use your refillable mug with breakfast, then the DDP drink can be taken with you into the parks or stored in the hotel room for later.

I am interested in this thread as well. We planned to use 32 CS each morning at POP for breakfast to feed the four of us...who are very light eaters for breakfast. 10 pieces of bacon?? Goodness gracious! :rotfl:

Priorityonecb said:
I am interested in this thread as well. We planned to use 32 CS each morning at POP for breakfast to feed the four of us...who are very light eaters for breakfast. 10 pieces of bacon?? Goodness gracious! :rotfl:

If you are light eaters, my recommendation is to order two meals each morning and split them. Either pay with conserved credits (from meal-sharing lunches) or pay OOP for these meals, since breakfast is the a lot cheaper than lunch or dinner. Breakfast is the worst value to use credits on, unless they are leftovers from meal-sharing.

Also keep in mind that you will most likely have one day where your meals aren't covered (e.g., if you have 8 nights at the hotel you most likely are spending 9 days in the parks). You're going to probably want to apply any conserved meal credits to this last "uncovered" day's lunch and dinner before you use any credits on breakfasts.

Don't expect that much bacon. :)

Last fall we had waffles at POP at least 6 times, and never had more than 2 pieces of bacon.

angel's momma said:
Don't expect that much bacon. :)

Last fall we had waffles at POP at least 6 times, and never had more than 2 pieces of bacon.

Me too and my bacon was just two halves....

Breakfast is a waste of CS credits, JMHO. Breakfast is so affordable and the portion size is not very big. I usually just get a kids breakfast at Pop. While I think 2 kids could certainly share an adults breakfast, they certainly would not be full, by no means, but would depend on the ages. 2 adults sharing breakfast at a food court would not be wise, unless you're planning on eating lunch around 11:00AM. We pay OOP for ALL of our breakfasts, even TS breakfast. I think using CS credits at Pop for dinner is a great deal, especially when you add one of those wonderful deserts and mom's special for the night. The DDP is not designed to cover ALL of your meals, so you should expect to pay OOP for some of your meals. It only makes sense to pay for the cheapest meals, i.e., breakfast.

Thanks for all the replies...I guess I never thought of the "value of it" - it makes sense, though, that it could be considered a waste of CS credits, but if we are not using them all at lunch/dinner, I guess it would be better to use them at breakfast than not at all...I'll have to rethink - I was just hoping to avoid lugging our breakfast foods - paying OOP for breakfasts isn't entirely in the budget for us...maybe I will start our trip with breakfast in our rooms and see how things go with the CS credits (most of our lunches will be shared) as the days progress, maybe I'll have enough credits the last couple days that we won't have to share CS credits for breakfast...thanks again!

I am not much worrying about the "value" either. We are light eaters for breakfast and lunch, so we'll be splitting both meals. So in that way I guess getting both meals for four people for four CS's is a "value".

Portions are different depending on what you order. The Flatbreads are enormous and with the desert you get with em, it can easily feed two.

The hotdogs and pizza's on the other hand, cannot.

We just bought a piece of fruit for breakfast on our way (you can use a snack on em but they're cheap so why bother?) Then we ate an early lunch. It helped us avoid lunch rushes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter