Portable fan for room

Mtraynom

Mouseketeer
I will be staying at AKL in December, and the rooms do not have a ceiling fan. I have to have air blowing on my face to sleep, no matter the temp outside or in the room. I'm thinking of bringing a small portable fan with me and setting it on the bedside table. Has anyone else done this? Did it work and if so, what kind of fan did you bring?

A lot of DVC members report keeping fans in their Owners Lockers for routine use. I don’t think you’re unusual.

I went to Target and bought a $17 Honeywell Turbo Force Table Air Circulator fan that worked great. It actually fit in my suitcase and I brought it home with me. You could just go to your local Target, buy this fan, and pack it on your way there.

I was actually planning on just leaving it in the hallway for someone to take after I checked out. $17 is cheap enough to be disposable. But it fit in my largest suitcase so I brought it home.

I went to Target and bought a $17 Honeywell Turbo Force Table Air Circulator fan that worked great. It actually fit in my suitcase and I brought it home with me. You could just go to your local Target, buy this fan, and pack it on your way there.

This is the exact fan my husband insists on bringing with us everywhere we travel to - he LOVES it!

I typically always request a box fan from housekeeping, with no issues. However, it wasn't at a DVC resort, so I'm not sure if they're available at all resorts.

I did notice a portable window fan outside a room at POP last week but already had mine that I brought.
I have to have a fan to circulate the air and to muffle noise .

Yup I travel with a fan and used at Disney. I do unplug when we leave the room and just put out of the way.

I typically always request a box fan from housekeeping, with no issues. However, it wasn't at a DVC resort, so I'm not sure if they're available at all resorts.

They are, but they sound like a jet engine. Way too loud for us. We aren't "white noise" people, we just like the air movement.

Always. We take two sleep fans with us, and they really help with both the wind on our faces and blocking some of the sound from other rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter