portable fairly healthy dinner ideas anyone?

tjmw2727

DIS Veteran
Two weeks of activity overlap with two kids coming up and I am trying to get ahead of the game and avoid the "drive through temptation"!!

Anyone have any interesting fairly healthy portable dinner idea?

So far I have a few cold pasta salad recipes my kids love, salad wraps and of course the sandwich fallback. They have a good cafeteria at school and can have a hot meal at lunch so I don't mind a sandwich at dinner now and then but not every day.

It can be kept cold and we do have a couple thermos but they will be eating in the car quite a bit so it can't be to messy or need to be cut etc.

I bet I am not the only one who feels like I live in the car from 3pm to 8:30??

TIA

When our DS and DD were in activity-overload, I repeated the items they loved.;) plus added in Subway a couple nights and pizza on Fridays! Have a cooler stocked with snak-size ziplocs filled with everything from carrots to M & M trail mix to rice krispie treats to give them energy and variety. I just finished chopping veggies for the week (45 minutes) myself!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter