• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port Orleans to Disney Springs

2hapykdz

DIS Veteran
12 more days till WDW!!! Staying at POR and was wondering how long the boat ride to Disney Springs is? Have limited time the first day...and with the new garage and being Sunday mid morn, I should have no problem driving....just be nice to take the boat. TIA!

We have taken that boat ride before. As best as I can remember it seems like it took about 15 min. But remember that you may have to wait for the boat. That will burn up some time as well. It's a nice boat ride. We enjoy it.

Keep in mind, too, that the boat may also stop to pick up/drop off at French Quarter. We stayed at POR a few summers ago and remember it taking about 30-40 mins between waiting, riding, and stopping at FQ.

Keep in mind, too, that the boat may also stop to pick up/drop off at French Quarter. We stayed at POR a few summers ago and remember it taking about 30-40 mins between waiting, riding, and stopping at FQ.
That's what I was thinking....although a nice boatride......over and hour of travel for about a mile in the car. Thanks!

That's what I was thinking....although a nice boatride......over and hour of travel for about a mile in the car. Thanks!

Yes! Although we consider ambiance too. If we aren't in a huge hurry we like the boat vs dealing with walking to the car in the parking lot, dealing with traffic, finding a place to park (even with the new garage,) and getting in and out of the garage.....feels less "magical and vacationy" and can often take just as long as the boat. Also take into consideration which part of DS you're heading to, not that it's all that far, but the boat takes you to the marketplace and the parking garage is in the new town center section.

When we were there in December riverside and French quarter were no longer sharing boats. I think the boat to Disney springs is a great perk for these two resorts!

Yes! Although we consider ambiance too. If we aren't in a huge hurry we like the boat vs dealing with walking to the car in the parking lot, dealing with traffic, finding a place to park (even with the new garage,) and getting in and out of the garage.....feels less "magical and vacationy" and can often take just as long as the boat. Also take into consideration which part of DS you're heading to, not that it's all that far, but the boat takes you to the marketplace and the parking garage is in the new town center section.

Agree.

And there's also the freedom of one or eight cocktails with no worries to consider. o_O

The boat transportation is one of the things that makes POR special. In the past, if we were headed to the "Downtown Disney" and had limited time, the car was definitely quicker, but I agree with SRU Almn - certainly not as "magical and vacationy."

Absolutely love taking the boat to Disney Springs, but agree with allowing time. There is a much longer wait for the ride back. It also depends on what time of day you're going down. The line is pretty long at night waiting to head back.

The boats are super! My one complaint is that they don't start service early enough in the morning to get to WPE for breakfast. There is also a DS bus that runs from POR, starts earlier than the boat. You could not pay me enough to drive to DS. :)

The boats are super! My one complaint is that they don't start service early enough in the morning to get to WPE for breakfast. There is also a DS bus that runs from POR, starts earlier than the boat. You could not pay me enough to drive to DS. :)
I was right there with you for the last couple of years, but it's really pretty easy now. Although I do love the boat from POR :) Also, OP remember that if there are high winds or lightning, the boats won't run. That happened to us on our last trip and we ended up having to drive anyway :(

We cannot wait for our two or three boat rides to Disney Springs on out upcoming trip (less than two weeks). We are staying at Riverside this time as PO is our second home and we alternate French Quarter and Riverside. It is time well spent vs. waiting on a bus to Disney Springs.

As I recall it, the boat ride from POR to Disney Springs is about 20 minutes. The wait for the boat could be near nothing, or could be up to maybe 15 to 20 minutes if you are unfortunate enough to arrive at the dock just as a boat is leaving. It is a LOVELY ride though, one of the things I most enjoy about POR, where I have stayed 7 times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter