Port Orleans Riverside

tinkerbell615

DIS Veteran
DH and I are staying at Port Orleans Riverside in November for the first time ever. We are taking our 6 year old DGS. Can you guys please tell me about Riverside? We are excited to be staying a resort we haven't stayed before. If anyone has pictures they would like to share, that would be awesome! Thank you in advance! How are their Christmas decorations? :)

We haven't been there at Christmas, but we have stayed there twice and are going back again this summer. It's a relaxing resort. Some of the buildings are a walk from the main building/bus stop/food court---but it is so relaxing to walk around. There are four bus stops scattered throughout property---with the main stop being the last one on the route before heading out to the parks, so you could hop on any bus and ride it to the main building. The food court is great to have with kids and there are always lots of options to choose from. We also love the boat that takes you to disney springs as a change of pace. There are several pools to choose from, but we like the main pool the best and there is a water slide. Hands down this is a great place to stay! And by the time you go, the rooms will be recently renovated with new furniture and flooring which will be really nice to have.

We haven't been there at Christmas, but we have stayed there twice and are going back again this summer. It's a relaxing resort. Some of the buildings are a walk from the main building/bus stop/food court---but it is so relaxing to walk around. There are four bus stops scattered throughout property---with the main stop being the last one on the route before heading out to the parks, so you could hop on any bus and ride it to the main building. The food court is great to have with kids and there are always lots of options to choose from. We also love the boat that takes you to disney springs as a change of pace. There are several pools to choose from, but we like the main pool the best and there is a water slide. Hands down this is a great place to stay! And by the time you go, the rooms will be recently renovated with new furniture and flooring which will be really nice to have.

Thank you! I love the idea of taking the boat to Disney Springs! My DGS is a picky eater, so as long as they have mac 'n cheese, or some sort of hot dog, we are good to go. lol I also like the idea of multiple bus stops! I did not know the rooms were being renovated!

I stayed in October and loved it! Doing French quarter in may

Thank you!

Last edited:

We’ve stayed there many times and love POR. With a 6 year old my suggestion would be to stay in the Alligator Bayou section and request buildings 14, 15, 16 or 18. Those buildings are closest to the main building bus stop and pool. It is a beautiful resort and it’s beautiful at Christmas. Have a great time!! You can also take the boat to Disney Springs and that’s a really nice ride.

DH and I have stayed at POR three times, and we got engaged there as well :) POR has my favorite food court on property, so definitely take advantage of a meal or two there. We also love the boat to Disney Springs, and just strolling the peaceful grounds. Its an easy walk over to POFQ, so definitely check out that resort and feel free to use the pool there as well. They are sister resorts so guests of either resort can use the amenities at both!

It's a beautiful resort! I suggest trying to stay in building 34 or 35. It's the closest to the West bus depot which will usually be the first bus stop picking up guests to take them to the parks and the first stop coming back to the resort at night. This will mean you can sit when going to the parks and you are off first at night when you are dead tired and desperately want to get to your room. It's a 2-3 minute walk to/from the bus depot.

We have stayed at POR many times, and loved it! One trip we were given a room in Building 37 in Alligator Bayou. It was really close to the North Depot bus stop, but I felt detached from the resort. I guess it just seemed like it was too far from the food court and main pool. Once we booked a Royal Room and were given a room in Building 90. We loved our stay there!

Take the time to walk or ride the boat over to Port Orleans French Quarter and get some beignets at the food court. Super yummy! My kids always love posing with the alligator band members on the walkway to the pool there too...fun photo op!

I agree with others...take the boat to Disney Springs!

Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter