Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2014 (Please read first post for FAQs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to a medical emergency we won't be arriving to POR until Nov 17 (thankfully it didn't end up being a serious situation but scary none the less). Since we lost a day I'm wondering how Disney is with adding a day at the end of our vacation. Has anyone had this experience before?

Due to a medical emergency we won't be arriving to POR until Nov 17 (thankfully it didn't end up being a serious situation but scary none the less). Since we lost a day I'm wondering how Disney is with adding a day at the end of our vacation. Has anyone had this experience before?

Hope everyone is ok and that you have a magical trip! Sending positive thoughts that you can get an extra day added!! pixiedust:

Yeah, I believe Disney would have no problem adding that to the end for you. I am really sorry to hear about this situation in your family. Trust in the fact I do know what it is like to have stuff hit you out of no where.

Hello! I've been to POR twice before, but always stayed in the Mansion buildings. This time we're going to try Alligator Bayou for a change of scenery and to allow my 7 year old his own bed.
Quick question. We have a standard view, and I'm going to try and request Building 16. My dad just had a minor knee surgery, and he should be good to go by January 2nd, but I'm trying to minimize the walking for him. The walk to/from the main building and the bus stop shouldn't been too far should I get my request, correct?

Hello! I've been to POR twice before, but always stayed in the Mansion buildings. This time we're going to try Alligator Bayou for a change of scenery and to allow my 7 year old his own bed.
Quick question. We have a standard view, and I'm going to try and request Building 16. My dad just had a minor knee surgery, and he should be good to go by January 2nd, but I'm trying to minimize the walking for him. The walk to/from the main building and the bus stop shouldn't been too far should I get my request, correct?

That is a reasonable request and most likely granted since it is somewhat medical purposes. But to answer you question it isn't that far. Also on some days you want to skip the main building there is a path near building 14 that takes you right over to the exit area of the main gift shop so you can go strait to the bus depo. Most of the time I don't use it and go through main building for refills and such.

Okay, it's official we are booked at POR for May 4th to the 13th! We started out booked here last year and ended up deciding to splurge on Deluxe so this will be our first stay at POR.

The resort looks beautiful but I'm slightly nervous about the move back to moderate after staying in the Epcot area twice this past year. Walking to 2 parks and the shops and dining and entertainment were really awesome, but as our twins have now hit 3 years old we had to budget accordingly. I think the fact they will be a little older will help make bus travel a little easier though. Still need the double stroller but the kids are getting bigger and more independent which helps.

Looking forward to reading through this thread and reacquainting myself with all this resort has to offer.

So awesome to have an official countdown too! :cool1:

That is a reasonable request and most likely granted since it is somewhat medical purposes. But to answer you question it isn't that far. Also on some days you want to skip the main building there is a path near building 14 that takes you right over to the exit area of the main gift shop so you can go strait to the bus depo. Most of the time I don't use it and go through main building for refills and such.

I 100% agree about skipping going through the main building. We stayed in AB14 and I think we were able to get from our room to the bus stop in 45 seconds going this route! Plus it avoided distracting the kids going through the main building.

Tom

Great, thanks! I'll have to PM you soon to look over my fax :) Appreciate all your help!

A limited selection of cold food is now available at the Muddy Rivers pool bar on Ol' Man Island, for a trial period.

They are offering a selection of sandwiches from noon-6pm, including: Tuna Salad Croissant ($10.49); Cajun Turkey Club ($10.49); Muffeletta ($10.49); Ham & Cheese Croissant ($9.99); Kid's Meal Turkey Sandwich ($6.99); and Kid's Meal Uncrustable PB&J ($6.49). I'm told a cocktail server is also walking the pool deck.

The trial period is currently scheduled to end on 10th of January, coinciding with the end of Marathon weekend. All of the food offerings are cold, and are being premade at the food court and sent over. Currently there are no plans to allow guests to use refillable mugs at the pool bars.

Andre

A limited selection of cold food is now available at the Muddy Rivers pool bar on Ol' Man Island, for a trial period. They are offering a selection of sandwiches from noon-6pm, including: Tuna Salad Croissant ($10.49); Cajun Turkey Club ($10.49); Muffeletta ($10.49); Ham & Cheese Croissant ($9.99); Kid's Meal Turkey Sandwich ($6.99); and Kid's Meal Uncrustable PB&J ($6.49). I'm told a cocktail server is also walking the pool deck. The trial period is currently scheduled to end on 10th of January, coinciding with the end of Marathon weekend. All of the food offerings are cold, and are being premade at the food court and sent over. Currently there are no plans to allow guests to use refillable mugs at the pool bars. Andre

They must have really just started that because we left on Thursday & nothing was up on the menu board then. Would have loved to eat there & relax with a drink.

So excited! We check in 11/28 for our first stay at Port Orleans Riverside. I'm getting ready to put in my fax request. Is it too early? I have so much going on between getting son home from college this week, heading out to parents' house this weekend for early Thanksgiving, and finishing up at work next week that I don't want to miss my time to send it.

So excited! We check in 11/28 for our first stay at Port Orleans Riverside. I'm getting ready to put in my fax request. Is it too early? I have so much going on between getting son home from college this week, heading out to parents' house this weekend for early Thanksgiving, and finishing up at work next week that I don't want to miss my time to send it.

Hey there tyniknate, Yeah it is a bit early to send it in. I know your anxious good reason to be, its Disney! But I would hold off to at least 7 days out max. I mean normally its 5-7 days out what I say. You could send it out now, I have had other members send it this far out and get requests granted so if you have a full schedule then send it, what could you lose.

We have a garden view room reserved in late January. (We've been staying off property lately and so excited to back in the magic!)
We need sleeping for 5, so we will be in AB. I see a lot of people on here wanting to be close to main building and/or food court, but my family is actually looking for the opposite. We will have a car and plan on driving to and from the parks. One of our main desires is a close-ish parking spot to our room. Any suggestions on which building?

I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I'm wondering if the building that assigned to a reservation is known before check in? I'd love to know what building we will be in now before we check in on Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter