Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2014 (Please read first post for FAQs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone say just how big this resort is? Say in comparison to Art of Animation, where the little mermaid rooms are a way off from dining and busses? Love the resort (especially the mansion rooms) but I don't want to have a room that's a mile from everything.

www.portorleans.org/faqs.php#Size should help. No POR room is further than about 600 yards walk to the food court, and most are quite a bit less than that (approx. 60 yards would be the closest).

Andre

Hello All-
We will be visiting December 19-24 this year with my extended family. Thank you Andre and Venom for keeping us updated on everything going on. I read regularly, but tend to be a lurker. Anything at POR that we must make sure not to miss as this will be our first Christmas time visit?

Thanks!
Kris

It is a little insulting. I took it that way considering I also am one of the contributing POR experts as well as a CM myself. Andre is a very long time supporter and fan of the resort as well as he owns and operates his own website: www.portorleans.org. He also knows several CMs also himself. Things do change from time to time, but Andre is on it pretty fast and has several sources for his updates. So it is highly impossible that the info is incorrect. We do tend to have a disagreement on how many days before a fax is sent in if someone wants to do so. But we are really close even on that. I support Andre as well as the entire collection of POR fans that have submitted info, updates, or general tips about POR. Sometimes you get a random situation that can cause things to go a little different and then seems like info is incorrect, but it is usually a random situation. Please do enjoy the thread, but above all we are here to share as everything develops. We are only human.

:thumbsup2

I agree with venomhatch, if you want to insult, do it somewhere else. Certain people take their time to take care and answer questions as well as provide abundance of information that a lot of people use and appreciate.

:thumbsup2

I agree with venomhatch, if you want to insult, do it somewhere else. Certain people take their time to take care and answer questions as well as provide abundance of information that a lot of people use and appreciate.

Yeah its ok, say it, we're all obsessed lol!

You can send a second time if you'd like. But I do want to take the time to advise that they don't always have time to confirm, It depends on if they are busy or not. I would say its ok to fax one more time if your worried but most fax machines can confirm it was received and you can check the number and make sure its right.

I've never received a reply to a fax, didn't know they emailed back:confused3 but 99% of the time I've gotten my requests :goodvibes

First off, Andre and Venom, thank you for all your time answering everyone's questions on here. You've even answered some questions I had that other people have asked, and even some stuff that I didn't know about. I know I'm going to hide in the arcade some night and spend way too much time (and money) playing pinball, and I would never have known it was there, otherwise.

I wanted to go Office Space on that thing by the end of it.

The first thing that came into my head was:

"Yeah, if you could respond to my fax request, that'd be great." :goodvibes

Question from the crew: the mini fridge in the room doesn't have a freezer? I just want to hide some ice cream for late night munchies.

I've never received a reply to a fax, didn't know they emailed back:confused3 but 99% of the time I've gotten my requests :goodvibes

Its not a required thing to reply back to the guest. It is something that is up to the CM.

First off, Andre and Venom, thank you for all your time answering everyone's questions on here. You've even answered some questions I had that other people have asked, and even some stuff that I didn't know about. I know I'm going to hide in the arcade some night and spend way too much time (and money) playing pinball, and I would never have known it was there, otherwise.

The first thing that came into my head was:

"Yeah, if you could respond to my fax request, that'd be great." :goodvibes

Question from the crew: the mini fridge in the room doesn't have a freezer? I just want to hide some ice cream for late night munchies.

Thanks for the kind words. No Freezer sorry. Some guest have said there fridge got pretty cold at max, but I don't know about that myself.

Have the beds changed to the white sheets with the runners now? The Disney site updated the 1st pictures of the rooms as that but when you click to see more pictures, it's back to the comforters :confused3

Have the beds changed to the white sheets with the runners now? The Disney site updated the 1st pictures of the rooms as that but when you click to see more pictures, it's back to the comforters :confused3

In April that's what we had--the white sheets with runners.

Just checked in, beautiful resort, but didn't get my requests of ground floor and close to bridge. On second floor and will have to lug a stroller up and down. Royal rooms are neat thou.

Just checked in, beautiful resort, but didn't get my requests of ground floor and close to bridge. On second floor and will have to lug a stroller up and down. Royal rooms are neat thou.

If you are staying in a royal room, there should be an elevator. I believe Alligator Bayou is the only section without them.

If you are staying in a royal room, there should be an elevator. I believe Alligator Bayou is the only section without them.

Hmm I'll have to look, wasn't horrible carrying the stroller, luckily only the second floor, and found a little quicker way of making our way to the main area

Hmm I'll have to look, wasn't horrible carrying the stroller, luckily only the second floor, and found a little quicker way of making our way to the main area

They do have elevators in the middle of every mansion building. But they seem that they may be at capacity right now. I just checked with Check-in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter