• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2014 (Please read first post for FAQs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Venomhatch - we check in tm morning. Thanks again to you & Andre for all your help!! Even though we're only 1 1/2 hours away we can't wait to get "home" to POR.

The current bounceback offer went into effect on/around October 21. It is:

Save 35% off the non-discounted price at select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts. Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts offer Disney charm, service and magic plus the cozy comfort of a picture-perfect home with a kitchen or kitchenette and daily housekeeping. Expecting more Guests? Some accomodate up to 8.
Offer valid for stays most nights:1/3-1/7/15, 1/11-1/15/15, 1/19-2/11/15, 2/16- 4/1/15, 4/10-5/20/15,7/23-10/4/15, 10/16-11/5/15, 11/8-11/20/15 and 12/11-12/23/15.

Save 35% off the non-discounted price at Select Disney Deluxe Resorts. Disney Deluxe Resorts are the crown jewels of our hotels, offering spectacular settings with the closest proximity to Disney theme Parks, meticulous service, award winning cuisine and - at select hotels- monorail service.
Offer valid for stays most nights:1/3-1/7/15, 1/11-1/15/15, 1/19-2/11/15, 2/16- 4/1/15, 4/10-5/20/15,7/23-10/4/15, 10/16-11/5/15, 11/8-11/20/15 and 12/11-12/23/15.

Save 30% off the non-discounted price at select Disney Moderate Resorts. Disney Moderate Resorts are elaborately designed hotels at remarkable rates, surrounding you in exotic locales every bit as immersive as Disney Theme Parks, featuring full-service restaurants and delightful pool areas. Offer valid for stays most nights:1/3-1/7/15, 1/11-1/15/15, 1/19-2/11/15, 2/16- 4/1/15, 4/10-5/20/15,7/23-10/4/15, 10/16-11/5/15, 11/8-11/20/15 and 12/11-12/23/15.[/

Save 30% off the non-discounted price at select Disney Moderate Resorts. Disney Moderate Resorts are elaborately designed hotels at remarkable rates, surrounding you in exotic locales every bit as immersive as Disney Theme Parks, featuring full-service restaurants and delightful pool areas. Offer valid for stays most nights:1/3-1/7/15, 1/11-1/15/15, 1/19-2/11/15, 2/16- 4/1/15, 4/10-5/20/15,7/23-10/4/15, 10/16-11/5/15, 11/8-11/20/15 and 12/11-12/23/15.[/

Man, I sure hope this is still available during our trip starting the end of this week! We would definitely take advantage of this! :) Any indication (historically or otherwise) regarding when this offer may no longer be an option?

The current bounceback offer went into effect on/around October 21. It is:

Save 35% off the non-discounted price at select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts. Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts offer Disney charm, service and magic plus the cozy comfort of a picture-perfect home with a kitchen or kitchenette and daily housekeeping. Expecting more Guests? Some accomodate up to 8.

Save 35% off the non-discounted price at Select Disney Deluxe Resorts. Disney Deluxe Resorts are the crown jewels of our hotels, offering spectacular settings with the closest proximity to Disney theme Parks, meticulous service, award winning cuisine and - at select hotels- monorail service.

thanks so much! are there no discounts on values?

Can I take a double stroller on the boats to DTD. Do I have to fold it up?

Not sure that I really want to, but if we need to I'm wondering if it's an opition.

The first post was written in March. That's not current?

Yes, according to the post date. I like to see current answers. I think most people do or there were just be a FAQ list and everyone would be told to stay off the Disboards and do not ask questions. Sometimes people give different answers to the same questions, I like to see the different points of views or have others correct misinformation.

I like more current answers. Some things change throughout the years...Some things don't.

As far as I am aware, the first post is completely accurate and up to date (last edited in September). If anything is incorrect, please let me know and I'll edit it.

Andre

brekin67 said:
Yes, according to the post date. I like to see current answers. I think most people do or there were just be a FAQ list and everyone would be told to stay off the Disboards and do not ask questions. Sometimes people give different answers to the same questions, I like to see the different points of views or have others correct misinformation.

Frankly, I think that's insulting to Andre. He goes to a lot of trouble making sure that this thread, the POFQ thread, and his website are kept up to date.

Frankly, I think that's insulting to Andre. He goes to a lot of trouble making sure that this thread, the POFQ thread, and his website are kept up to date.

It's not insulting. I like to see lots of answers from diferent people, otherwise I would not be on the Dis.

Love Andres thread and have learned so much valuable information for our upcoming stay from both the faq AND others comments on this thread. What I don't care to read and what has no value here is the bickering back and forth.

Man, I sure hope this is still available during our trip starting the end of this week! We would definitely take advantage of this! :) Any indication (historically or otherwise) regarding when this offer may no longer be an option?

We were able to book this same discount on our trip last February. Historically, this bounceback offer runs until late summer.

thanks so much! are there no discounts on values?

There is - you have to call to get the exact amount but I'm pretty sure it's 25%.

Why do you think something is inaccurate?

It's not insulting. I like to see lots of answers from diferent people, otherwise I would not be on the Dis.

It is a little insulting. I took it that way considering I also am one of the contributing POR experts as well as a CM myself. Andre is a very long time supporter and fan of the resort as well as he owns and operates his own website: www.portorleans.org. He also knows several CMs also himself. Things do change from time to time, but Andre is on it pretty fast and has several sources for his updates. So it is highly impossible that the info is incorrect. We do tend to have a disagreement on how many days before a fax is sent in if someone wants to do so. But we are really close even on that. I support Andre as well as the entire collection of POR fans that have submitted info, updates, or general tips about POR. Sometimes you get a random situation that can cause things to go a little different and then seems like info is incorrect, but it is usually a random situation. Please do enjoy the thread, but above all we are here to share as everything develops. We are only human.

It is a little insulting. I took it that way considering I also am one of the contributing POR experts as well as a CM myself. Andre is a very long time supporter and fan of the resort as well as he owns and operates his own website: www.portorleans.org. He also knows several CMs also himself. Things do change from time to time, but Andre is on it pretty fast and has several sources for his updates. So it is highly impossible that the info is incorrect. We do tend to have a disagreement on how many days before a fax is sent in if someone wants to do so. But we are really close even on that. I support Andre as well as the entire collection of POR fans that have submitted info, updates, or general tips about POR. Sometimes you get a random situation that can cause things to go a little different and then seems like info is incorrect, but it is usually a random situation. Please do enjoy the thread, but above all we are here to share as everything develops. We are only human.

Well stated. ::yes::

Can I take a double stroller on the boats to DTD. Do I have to fold it up?

Not sure that I really want to, but if we need to I'm wondering if it's an opition.

When we were there a couple weeks ago there was one time that a family had two sleeping kids in a double stroller and the captain let them park it in the wheelchair section. Other than that one time, everyone was asked to fold and store strollers in the front.

I think they're meant to be folded, but I've seen several boat drivers allow them to be stored at the front of the boat.

Andre

I agree, unfortunately, they deal with so many people asking the same thing all day, sometimes they let things slide. It's a safety issue. If there was an accident wth a bus with a fire or toxic fumes, the isles must be clear for evacuation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter