Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Two --- NOW CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm totally brain-dead from all the planning, so I'm hoping someone here may be able to come up with a plan for me!

We would love to request AB...we've stayed in both and there is just *something* about the AB side that we adore.

We have booked a standard room. We don't need anything fancy.

I am trying to figure out how to phrase a room request for POR. I've heard that it is easier to request a specific building number instead of AB vs. Mansions.

I would love to request an AB building near to the pool, food court, and bus stop, but also know that these are preferred buildings, and therefore at the preferred rate.

Do I request:

1) The building we'd really like to be in on AB side, preferred rate be damned and hope for the best

or

2) As close as we can without requesting a preferred building?

I'd love some pixie dust :goodvibes, but also don't want to be greedy. I'd be perfectly happy without the mickey magic of a room upgrade. BUT I would like to be in AB, if possible... :cheer2:

Sunday said:
I'm totally brain-dead from all the planning, so I'm hoping someone here may be able to come up with a plan for me!

We would love to request AB...we've stayed in both and there is just *something* about the AB side that we adore.

We have booked a standard room. We don't need anything fancy.

I am trying to figure out how to phrase a room request for POR. I've heard that it is easier to request a specific building number instead of AB vs. Mansions.

I would love to request an AB building near to the pool, food court, and bus stop, but also know that these are preferred buildings, and therefore at the preferred rate.

Do I request:

1) The building we'd really like to be in on AB side, preferred rate be damned and hope for the best

or

2) As close as we can without requesting a preferred building?

I'd love some pixie dust :goodvibes, but also don't want to be greedy. I'd be perfectly happy without the mickey magic of a room upgrade. BUT I would like to be in AB, if possible... :cheer2:

We have had success in requesting specific building numbers

Some of the closest ones are now a bit more costly, but 27 or 17 are close enough to the bus and feature pool, also close to a quiet pool. Request one of those

We just returned and we shipped 2 cases of water, sunscreen, crackers, cookies, trail mix, granola bars, cereal, orange juice and tea (mom prefers a certain brand) all from Walmart, total was just over 50.00 so we qualified for free shipping. I shipped it all to POR, which ended up being 4 boxes:eek:, we had no issues from the resort, actually while checking in the CM said "it looks like we have some packages for you". After we got into the room, DH and I went back to the front desk to get our boxes and there was never an issue. Hope that helps.
BTW if you are going to order you should probably do it soon if you are only 10 days out.

Oh my goodness, that makes me feel so much better!! Thank you! I better go ahead and get my order in! Can I ask how long yours took to get there?

Oh my goodness, that makes me feel so much better!! Thank you! I better go ahead and get my order in! Can I ask how long yours took to get there?

ordered on 8/16
arrived in 3 separate shipments on 8/20, 8/21, 8/22

Is there a boat that you can take between POR & POFQ? How long is it to walk between the two? Thanks!

We just returned and we shipped 2 cases of water, sunscreen, crackers, cookies, trail mix, granola bars, cereal, orange juice and tea (mom prefers a certain brand) all from Walmart, total was just over 50.00 so we qualified for free shipping. I shipped it all to POR, which ended up being 4 boxes:eek:, we had no issues from the resort, actually while checking in the CM said "it looks like we have some packages for you". After we got into the room, DH and I went back to the front desk to get our boxes and there was never an issue. Hope that helps.
BTW if you are going to order you should probably do it soon if you are only 10 days out.

So went to Walmart website and did you do Walmart To Go or just Walmart? Would love to ship some Diet Pepsi for DH.

Darn! Thanks for your reply. I thought I read about that somewhere but I couldn't find anything on it. There is so much info and I have been researching for 6 months so just got confused ( or wishful thinking).:rotfl:

I have a folding stool that I may try to fit in our suitcase. My DD3 is very independent.
Hello! :wave2: Just to let you know, I just bought a folding step stool from Bed, Bath & Beyond for my little guy & myself (I'm very short & can't reach the tops of closets or cabinets). I think it cost about $10 and it folds almost totally flat so it could be put in a suitcase if needed.

Got my ADRs for 180 days out taken care of! Got our Be Our Guest ressie!!!
Whoo-hoo!!!!! I think that's one of the restaurants we're going to try next year. I get up at 5:45 the morning I can make them as well and hop online. Never had a problem! :)

Is there a map anywhere that shows which rooms are considered garden view versus standard view? We were there last week and our "garden" view room 9512 looked at some scraggly bushes and if you walked over just a few steps you were looking at the parking lot.

Is there a boat that you can take between POR & POFQ? How long is it to walk between the two? Thanks!

We were in the Royal Rooms which are the nearest ones to FQ and I think the walk was about 10 minutes for us. The boat to DTD starts at POR and then goes to FQ so you could also take that to go over.

I just had to post to say that I will be there tomorrow!!!!! We are leaving this afternoon when DH gets off (praying by four)! We'll stop somewhere along the way tonight, and tomorrow we will be in our happy place!!! This is our first stay at POR, so we are so excited!!!!!!!!:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

I am booked in AB waterview and am now somewhat regretful that I didn't book preferred or riverview instead. I was wondering if, in your opinions it would be worth trying to change reservations or place request via fax or just see what we get! I'm really not picky person but I have been stressing over the silliest of details! Lol!! BTW our ressies are in less than 2 weeks....
Thanks in advance!!

Hi again,

I'm trying to narrow down where we're staying. I think I'm leaning towards POR, mansions, over POFQ - but I'm a little nervous about the bus situation, I'm looking at Magnolia Terrace (not staying in Royal Rooms). I see from the map that the East Depot is right there, but that it's the last of the POR stops? I'm afraid of buses being full and passing us by (we're going end of October, 2013). Valid concern or no? I'm not really feeling the AB love :duck:

Hi again,

I'm trying to narrow down where we're staying. I think I'm leaning towards POR, mansions, over POFQ - but I'm a little nervous about the bus situation, I'm looking at Magnolia Terrace (not staying in Royal Rooms). I see from the map that the East Depot is right there, but that it's the last of the POR stops? I'm afraid of buses being full and passing us by (we're going end of October, 2013). Valid concern or no? I'm not really feeling the AB love :duck:

We stayed in the royal rooms and walked over the bridge to the main bus depot. The buses were very crowded in the AM and coming back at night but they never went to the other depots so there must have been a separate bus for outlying depots. A few times we took the FQ bus back at night because the lines for POR were so long and then walked back to our room. The FQ buses were never full and came more frequently than the POR buses.

I just can't seem to make up my mind. Currently I have a reservation for waterview but am now thinking maybe the possible noise from any pool we are put by might keep us awake at night. Thought about changing to riverview but saw where someone mentioned the passing boats were loud and then there is the prefferred area. Maybe it would be nice to make sure I'm near the main hub of things. There are just too many decisions. I booked waterview hoping to be near a pool so we could easily without a long walk take the kids for a swim at night after the parks. I've been to POR one other time and we were in a garden view mansion area, I think it was Oak but it was before the refurbs, it was nice and the area was quite at night and not too far to the main hub of things. To those of you who have stayed in other areas were the quite pools loud at night? Did anyone else notice the loud boats or is that the opinion of one person? Please help me make up my mind, lol.

We are playing around with some options for another trip next summer and while I'd love to stay at another deluxe, not sure our budget is going to allow for it. The only moderate we've stayed at was CSR, and while we did like it there, we'd like to try someplace new and my two teen girls want to stay in the princess themed rooms. So my question to anyone who's stayed in the Royal Guest Rooms (std vw or garden vw), how far of a walk are these rooms from the main building and pool? Not concerned about buses as we would have a rental. TIA.

We were in the Royal Rooms which are the nearest ones to FQ and I think the walk was about 10 minutes for us. The boat to DTD starts at POR and then goes to FQ so you could also take that to go over.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter