Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Two --- NOW CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are checking in to POR on Oct 6. I have my room request fax ready for next week. I was reading in another thread posted by a CM that you should call the resort directly and not fax. Something about room assignment CM's have been instructed to ignore all such faxes.

Now I don't know if I should fax or call. Any suggestions? My request is for AB ground floor.

We are checking in to POR on Oct 6. I have my room request fax ready for next week. I was reading in another thread posted by a CM that you should call the resort directly and not fax. Something about room assignment CM's have been instructed to ignore all such faxes.

Now I don't know if I should fax or call. Any suggestions? My request is for AB ground floor.

I assure you thats not the case. I just spoke to POR's one and they are still accepting them. One member just got back a fax this morning and all is well.

POR is the exception to that rule. Most resorts throw out faxes. POR does not. And the only reason I even know that is because of this thread.:thumbsup2

I'm planning a stay at POR next year. And you can bet if they are still accepting faxes, they will be getting one from me. Doesn't hurt to try!

Thank you, I am going right along with my fax next week. POR was not specifically mentioned in the thread, so it is great to know a fax is okay.

I just have to say how excited I am to be checking into POR on Sat.! I have been reading this thread for months and decided to finally jump in and say hi!! It's so nice to know how many 'over planners' there are out there....some people just don't get how 'all this' is part of the fun!! Wishing everyone a wonderful and magical vacation!!

Hi everyone- Final stages of planning our trip (8 days away) and I have scheduled a couple early adrs in the parks, however we also have a very early adr at Ohanas at 730am. Is it easy to get a cab that rime of day? Do i just ask bell services? Thank you for your help!

I just have to say how excited I am to be checking into POR on Sat.! I have been reading this thread for months and decided to finally jump in and say hi!! It's so nice to know how many 'over planners' there are out there....some people just don't get how 'all this' is part of the fun!! Wishing everyone a wonderful and magical vacation!!

Well congratulations on your stay.

I believe a few of us will be staying there plus I like to visit in off time as much as possible! Have great stay and hope you find all of your answers you may need here.

Hi everyone- Final stages of planning our trip (8 days away) and I have scheduled a couple early adrs in the parks, however we also have a very early adr at Ohanas at 730am. Is it easy to get a cab that rime of day? Do i just ask bell services? Thank you for your help!

I would ask bell services to request a cab for the time you'd like to leave to head to Polynesian hotel, as soon as you wake up and they will have one show up when you need it. There is usually a few cabs there in the morning and they come up front within secs.

If you have a car to use at POR, would you use it or would you use Disney transportation to get to the 4 dry parks? It is DH, myself, and DD5.

We have a car because we fly into TPA. We used the car for AK, EP, but always took the bus to MK. Worked like a charm and took the boats to FW and DTD. Will do the same in Dec most likely.

to Knox..the MOD.. Do you moderate any other boards because you are on top of it, I'll tell you!. I've been in on some other threads and I'll think where's the moderator! Now, I'll be thinking...where is Knox? ;)

Also, Happy Birthday, Andre! I'm one up on ya!

Back to your regularly scheduled programming....

haha I totally agree!!! We'll be getting to POR around 1ish on Saturday I think! :) Have a great vacation to you too!

Maybe we'll see you down there, Heather. T-4.5 hours until we roll out of the driveway on our way to POR!

We are checking in on Saturday also for 9 nights!:banana::banana: I am so excited!. Venom......I sent a fax room request on Monday and have not heard anything back. Should I send again? The reason I made specific request is I am recovering from a broken hip, have recently been taken off crutches but I still have to be careful about my activity. It's my daughters birthday trip so we are staying in a princess room per their birthday wish otherwise I would have booked preferred for my sake to save some walking. I sent a request asking for the closest location to the main building and pool in the princess area. We paid for a garden view. Maybe I shouldn't be worried but when others get a response I am concerned they did not get my fax although I got a confirmation the fax completed. I would appreciate advice! Thanks to all the posters for the great info! We are packed and ready to roll, come on Friday!!:dance3:

We are checking in on Saturday also for 9 nights!:banana::banana: I am so excited!. Venom......I sent a fax room request on Monday and have not heard anything back. Should I send again? The reason I made specific request is I am recovering from a broken hip, have recently been taken off crutches but I still have to be careful about my activity. It's my daughters birthday trip so we are staying in a princess room per their birthday wish otherwise I would have booked preferred for my sake to save some walking. I sent a request asking for the closest location to the main building and pool in the princess area. We paid for a garden view. Maybe I shouldn't be worried but when others get a response I am concerned they did not get my fax although I got a confirmation the fax completed. I would appreciate advice! Thanks to all the posters for the great info! We are packed and ready to roll, come on Friday!!:dance3:
I private messages you.

ShelleyLynn said:

I am wondering what the answer to this question is too.

Hello everyone! We are getting ready for our disneymoon in less than three weeks--sooo excited. We are staying at POR FQ. Any opinions on this resort?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter