Port Orleans Riverside building request

chucksusanandgrace

Mouseketeer
hello everyone!

It looks like the preferred location is building 14, 15, 18 in building 27.

We would like to stay in the area that looks scenic with full ledge. I'm assuming it's best to say I don't want building 15.

Is there any building out of those that are the nicest that I should request.

Also don't they look different I thought there were three different styles and alligator Bayou.

Thank you all you experts! :-)

Susan

Alligator Bayou rooms all look the same.

Then there are the Mansions Buildings

and then there is POFQ, that is where the 3 looks come from.

----------------------------

Now each of those above categories will have slight differences in the outsides such as paint color, roof lines, rails .... but very subtle changes.

Last edited:
As HopperFan states, AB rooms look the same on the interior. There are 3 different exterior styles, though. From portorleans.org

Backstory

If you look closely, there are three styles of architecture in the Alligator Bayou Lodges. Apparently, as legend has it, when the settlers first moved out from the town of Port Orleans, their earliest constructions were the four comfortable and opulent mansion buildings. However, the further upstream along the Sassagoula River they got, the harder it became to transport the necessary building supplies and so the constructions became smaller and more rudimentary. That’s why the closest group of buildings to the mansions (Lodges 34-39) have brick-built columns and neatly tiled roofs, while another group (Lodges 14-18) have much plainer wooden columns, and the final section (Lodges 24-28) features plain wood columns and simple sheet-metal roofing.

Oh, and that ’gator infested swampland along the Bayou was so prone to flooding during heavy rains that the ingenious settlers built their lodgings upraised about a foot-and-a-half above ground level, which is why the Alligator Bayou Lodges we see today are still upraised — even though the ’gators have (mostly) gone...

Foliage will be GV. I think touring plans will have room views. From their map of the resort, click on rooms and you'll get an idea of what is outside the door. You don't get much of a chance to enjoy the view from inside the room. You'd have to hang out on the walkway outside ;)

We love POR Preferred 14, but have stayed in almost all the Preferred buildings. It's the only way we ll stay at POR ... for that reason if we can't get Preferred we opt for POFQ. ( and others)
Beautiful resort, enjoy ur visit!

POR is a close 2nd to CSR for us..In terms of a favorite moderate resort..We stayed in MB Mansions section though, so I can't speak for AB sections... But judging by their proximity to everything, that would be nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter