• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter Room Request Fax Thread

Great thread, guys! I'm coming down just before NYE, and I can't wait!

I've booked a room for 5 people, which, I believe, will put us in the Bayou, is that correct? I'm going to be in POR-pool view.

I have a couple of questions: my mobility is hampered (3 back surgeries), but I can still get around most of the time with a walking stick, but I do have my bad days. I'll be driving, and I'd like to be close to my car. Which buildings can I request that would satisfy both the pool view and stay close to the car? I can tell building 39 might be right out.

Also, there's no microwaves or toasters in the rooms?

For the corner rooms, beyond the extra window, are there any differences between them and the normal room layout?

Thanks in advance!

I have a couple of questions: my mobility is hampered (3 back surgeries), but I can still get around most of the time with a walking stick, but I do have my bad days. I'll be driving, and I'd like to be close to my car. Which buildings can I request that would satisfy both the pool view and stay close to the car? I can tell building 39 might be right out.

Also, there's no microwaves or toasters in the rooms?

For the corner rooms, beyond the extra window, are there any differences between them and the normal room layout?

The best thing is not to second-guess what rooms they might have available in which buildings, and tell them WHAT you want rather than a building number (e.g. "pool view, but not too far from parking lot due to slight mobility issues. Corner room if possible please").

There are no microwaves or toasters in the rooms (it's a hotel rather than a vacation home/suite) but they do hold a small quantity of microwaves which can be requested (mostly for medical reasons, or warming baby products, etc I guess).

The only difference with Corner rooms is that extra window, otherwise the room amenities are exactly the same (you just lose one wall-mirror where the window is now located).

Andre

The best thing is not to second-guess what rooms they might have available in which buildings, and tell them WHAT you want rather than a building number (e.g. "pool view, but not too far from parking lot due to slight mobility issues. Corner room if possible please").

There are no microwaves or toasters in the rooms (it's a hotel rather than a vacation home/suite) but they do hold a small quantity of microwaves which can be requested (mostly for medical reasons, or warming baby products, etc I guess).

The only difference with Corner rooms is that extra window, otherwise the room amenities are exactly the same (you just lose one wall-mirror where the window is now located).

Andre

Thanks Andre, I was really busy today with family things. Thanks for stepping in for me!

I just want to thank you for this thread. We were emailed back a reply with a complimentary upgrade for our check in tomorrow. I will have one very happy birthday. My hubs sent the fax at 7am had an email back by 2pm!

I just want to thank you for this thread. We were emailed back a reply with a complimentary upgrade for our check in tomorrow. I will have one very happy birthday. My hubs sent the fax at 7am had an email back by 2pm!

Well glad to hear our fine CM team at POR got back to you! Hope your visit is full of Magic and Pixie Dust! Happy Birthday to you!

They did and venom hatch I hope you get some pixie dust on your whole family. Helping with this thread and going thru what you are is a special man who deserves a ton of dust!

I've found that it sometimes works to your advantage not to list your requests in order of preference, but to work backwards. We like the "River View" rooms, so my first request is for Bldg 38; which is at the back of the resort, a LONG 7-10 min stroll (nobody wants to be in the back) then request 2nd floor, and ask for a little Pixie Dust - River View. Almost always get it - just got an e-mail stating all request granted for upcoming trip this week.pixiedust:pixiedust:

I've found that it sometimes works to your advantage not to list your requests in order of preference, but to work backwards. We like the "River View" rooms, so my first request is for Bldg 38; which is at the back of the resort, a LONG 7-10 min stroll (nobody wants to be in the back) then request 2nd floor, and ask for a little Pixie Dust - River View. Almost always get it - just got an e-mail stating all request granted for upcoming trip this week.pixiedust:pixiedust:

As most guests know they don't want to be in the back of the resort or have medical reasons to be close to the main building. So I don't think anyone is going to say that and then get stuck in the back of the resort. I know as a "CM" the most important first is the way we prefer it and it is the working method now.

Sent our fax yesterday and received a wonderful (and unexpected!) e-mail back from the room assignment team confirming our requests had all been met. SO grateful for this thread, and for the team at POR for the pixie dust. I didn't think it was possible, but we are now looking forward to our trip even more than before! :) Thanks again for all the advice here!

We will be arriving at POR next Sunday. I plan to fax a request for any of the mansion buildings and a corner room. What are the chances this request will be fulfilled? We paid for a standard view. Our biggest request is to be in on the mansion side but a corner room would be wonderful!!

We will be arriving at POR next Sunday. I plan to fax a request for any of the mansion buildings and a corner room. What are the chances this request will be fulfilled? We paid for a standard view. Our biggest request is to be in on the mansion side but a corner room would be wonderful!!

It is a very good chance they have lots of mansion standard corner rooms.

I just faxed it today to POFQ, however when dialed 407-934-5353, it redirected to 407-938-4392. Hope it got to POFQ...............

I just faxed it today to POFQ, however when dialed 407-934-5353, it redirected to 407-938-4392. Hope it got to POFQ...............

Send it here. It may have worked but send it here I will update the info on my end also. Make sure it says attention to POFQ Room Manager.

FAX POFQ: 4079345777

We had a great stay 11/9 to 11/11 at POR.

Only 1 of our requests were met though after sending the fax 5 days before.:confused3
We requested adjoining rooms, pack n play, a mansion building, river view if possible (we had garden view).

We did get adjoining rooms, no pack n play, Alligator Bayu building 25.

But its okay, we had a great first time stay, beautiful resort. Will return!!

We had a great stay 11/9 to 11/11 at POR.

Only 1 of our requests were met though after sending the fax 5 days before.:confused3
We requested adjoining rooms, pack n play, a mansion building, river view if possible (we had garden view).

We did get adjoining rooms, no pack n play, Alligator Bayu building 25.

But its okay, we had a great first time stay, beautiful resort. Will return!!

Sometimes it does happen.
How many guests did you have with you total?
I believe pack and plays are available but as a request at check in and it is based on limited availability like the option for toasters.

Good to hear about you at least enjoyed yourself.

Sometimes it does happen.
How many guests did you have with you total?
I believe pack and plays are available but as a request at check in and it is based on limited availability like the option for toasters.

Good to hear about you at least enjoyed yourself.

9 total

2adults 2 kids in 1 room
2 adults 2 kids and a baby in the other.

Yes we had a GREAT Time! The whole resort is beautiful. And the nicest check in lady we have ever had at any of the disney resorts. she was so upbeat and friendly. A check in cast memebrs attitude can really start your trip on a good note (have had some less than stellar ones at the Values)

I don't think of a pack n play as a room request. We had it on our reservation for Grand Floridian and POR last February. It wasn't in the room at either place. I just called back to the front desk and it was quickly delivered in both cases.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter