• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter Room Request Fax Thread

We are staying at the POR from Dec 4-9th so I'm writing up our rooms request letter to fax in a week before, probably on Nov 27th I will fax it in.

my concern is we booked through Orbitz and on MDE the reservation number is a small 6 digit code that WDW doesn't recognize.. What information should I put on our fax letter so that the recipient can locate both room reservations?

That is incorrect, you can easily link the orbitz 6 digit reservation code to your MDE.

I referenced it in my fax and received a lovely room.:)

That is incorrect, you can easily link the orbitz 6 digit reservation code to your MDE.

I referenced it in my fax and received a lovely room.:)

Yeah. I have it linked to MDE already and all that works.. So you used this number as th reference number on the fax :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Hello,

We have two rooms and will be checking in next sunday 11/9. We have a garden view rooms booked.

In one room we have 2 adults and 2 kids
in the OTHER room we have 2 adults, 2 kids and 1 infant (pack n play)

In my fax that I will send next week I want to ask for adjoining rooms in the Oak Manor mansion and ask if we can get riverview.

Since the other room has 5 guests will they force us to do alligator Bayou? One is an infant so she wouldnt need an extra bed, just pack n play.

Thanks!!:thumbsup2

Hello,

We have two rooms and will be checking in next sunday 11/9. We have a garden view rooms booked.

In one room we have 2 adults and 2 kids
in the OTHER room we have 2 adults, 2 kids and 1 infant (pack n play)

In my fax that I will send next week I want to ask for adjoining rooms in the Oak Manor mansion and ask if we can get riverview.

Since the other room has 5 guests will they force us to do alligator Bayou? One is an infant so she wouldnt need an extra bed, just pack n play.

Thanks!!:thumbsup2

Since you have an infant that is not counted against room occupants. So it will just technically be 4 and 4. As to Oak Building, both buildings Oak and Parterre are Royal Guest rooms so you would have to have a reservation for them to be in either of those two. But if you don't have a Royal Reservation then you Could be in either Arcadia or Magnolia buildings. That is if we can honor your requests, sometimes we hit full occupancy. We will try to help you if we can I promise! Let me know if you need further help or if I didn't answer all of your questions. Hope you have a Magical Afternoon!

Since you have an infant that is not counted against room occupants. So it will just technically be 4 and 4. As to Oak Building, both buildings Oak and Parterre are Royal Guest rooms so you would have to have a reservation for them to be in either of those two. But if you don't have a Royal Reservation then you Could be in either Arcadia or Magnolia buildings. That is if we can honor your requests, sometimes we hit full occupancy. We will try to help you if we can I promise! Let me know if you need further help or if I didn't answer all of your questions. Hope you have a Magical Afternoon!

Thank you! I will ask for Magnolia than. We are sooo excited, first time staying at a moderate :banana:

We are gearing up for our first family trip to WDW! Can't believe that after all of the planning, it is actually almost here.

I am thinking about what I should put on my room request. Don't want to request too much, but I am hoping for a ground floor (because we will most likely have a stroller), with a nice view (hopefully not a parking lot) and a corner room so we could have an extra window would be really nice. Is that too much to put on our request? We have a preferred room booked, and are a family of five.

Thanks so much, Venom and Andre, for all of the great information you provide, and for the time that you spend doing it.

I used your fax outline mainly to request a room close to the bridge at POR and it worked amazingly well! We had room 9535 in Parterre Place - first floor, VERY close to bridge, around the corner from the quiet pool and easy access to the parking lot. (We had reserved a River View Royal Room).

Thank you for your help and guidance in this thread!

We are gearing up for our first family trip to WDW! Can't believe that after all of the planning, it is actually almost here.

I am thinking about what I should put on my room request. Don't want to request too much, but I am hoping for a ground floor (because we will most likely have a stroller), with a nice view (hopefully not a parking lot) and a corner room so we could have an extra window would be really nice. Is that too much to put on our request? We have a preferred room booked, and are a family of five.

Thanks so much, Venom and Andre, for all of the great information you provide, and for the time that you spend doing it.

I used your fax outline mainly to request a room close to the bridge at POR and it worked amazingly well! We had room 9535 in Parterre Place - first floor, VERY close to bridge, around the corner from the quiet pool and easy access to the parking lot. (We had reserved a River View Royal Room).

Thank you for your help and guidance in this thread!

ElsasFan, as emij has been so nice to share. If you want something like that ask to "see if it is possible to get a corner room view other than a parking lot on the first floor Preferred is going to put you in a great area. All four preferred buildings are already close to the main building, and if you mention that you have a stroller you would like to not have to lug up and down the stairs every day they will perhaps look at making sure you have first floor at that. Also all the preferred buildings have a quiet pool and laundry facilities near by so you don't have to go far to take care of the little things if you feel you need to go for a relaxing quiet dip or get some clothes freshened.

ElsasFan, as emij has been so nice to share. If you want something like that ask to "see if it is possible to get a corner room view other than a parking lot on the first floor Preferred is going to put you in a great area. All four preferred buildings are already close to the main building, and if you mention that you have a stroller you would like to not have to lug up and down the stairs every day they will perhaps look at making sure you have first floor at that. Also all the preferred buildings have a quiet pool and laundry facilities near by so you don't have to go far to take care of the little things if you feel you need to go for a relaxing quiet dip or get some clothes freshened.

That is great. Thank you for the information. I will phrase it like that.

Just booked at POR RR GV for Feb1 through 10.

Two questions for thread (I've read countless pages already in the two main threads for POR and feel like Andre and Venom are distant relatives I just found out about)...

This is our first trip to Disney since we visited California when we first started dating during first year college (8 years ago) and I plan to do a Disney proposal to make her a DW... Should I put that on the fax or is it too personal? I also am being so careful not to ruin the surprise of it with mentions of it on confirmations etc, though I do handle those.

So what should I politely request on the template which would make our stay better, considering the hopeful occasion, I booked a RR since it was on the promo, but I bet a King bed would be better, though less themed... do I ask for a river view. I'm not one to ask for freebies but I feel like this is going to be a very special trip.. We are in our 20's and fit so stairs etc are no issue, but do want to have a nice location. :love:

Also, we arrive really late (11:30 PM @ MCO on a Sunday) as we are travelling from the northwest coast... Should I advise that?

Thanks!

Just booked at POR RR GV for Feb1 through 10.

Two questions for thread (I've read countless pages already in the two main threads for POR and feel like Andre and Venom are distant relatives I just found out about)...

This is our first trip to Disney since we visited California when we first started dating during first year college (8 years ago) and I plan to do a Disney proposal to make her a DW... Should I put that on the fax or is it too personal? I also am being so careful not to ruin the surprise of it with mentions of it on confirmations etc, though I do handle those.

So what should I politely request on the template which would make our stay better, considering the hopeful occasion, I booked a RR since it was on the promo, but I bet a King bed would be better, though less themed... do I ask for a river view. I'm not one to ask for freebies but I feel like this is going to be a very special trip.. We are in our 20's and fit so stairs etc are no issue, but do want to have a nice location. :love:

Also, we arrive really late (11:30 PM @ MCO on a Sunday) as we are travelling from the northwest coast... Should I advise that?

Thanks!

I enjoy making these magic moments happen as much as possible. I am going to direct message you and share with you my contact info and set you up with the right people at POR for this.

Thank you all for the great tips! I just typed out my fax request to send to CBR on Monday! Fingers Crossed . . .

We arrive at POR Monday 11/10/14. I forgot until this morning about faxing over our room request. We're probably out of luck huh? I'm so upset with myself for forgetting.

Iloveyoumost said:
We arrive at POR Monday 11/10/14. I forgot until this morning about faxing over our room request. We're probably out of luck huh? I'm so upset with myself for forgetting.

I'm confused as to why you're upset. Andre recommends faxing requests 3-5 days in advance, and you're at 4 days today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter