Port Orleans French Quarter Beds?

gursk

Earning My Ears
Hi all - my first post, so be gentle. ;)

Both my DH and I suffer back problems and are much nicer to each other after a sleep on a firmer mattress.

We are booked in the French Quarter into a Garden View room.

Does anyone have any recent experience with bed quality in these rooms?

I'm considering submitting my one and only special request to be for a newer/firmer mattress. Will I be whistling into the wind and wasting my special request?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I would go ahead and make the request. As a fellow back pain sufferer, I had a terrible experience with the mattresses at POFQ. I know for sure that I am in the minority given the popularity of POFQ. Everyone loves it and I'm sure if everyone had the same experience I did, people wouldn't be shy about saying so. If I do decide to go back there, I will be making a special request...even if it whistles in the wind! And I will ask to be moved if I wake up in pain after my first night! Good luck! It's such a pretty resort. I hope you have a wonderful stay!

I have severe back issues (in PT for them currently again) and had no issues with the beds at POFQ. In fact, I woke up in less pain there then I had in a long time.

Mattress comfort is so subjective, so getting another person's opinion on it will be difficult.

That being said, we found the beds at POFQ to be just as comfortable as any we've slept on at Disney.

I have severe back issues (in PT for them currently again) and had no issues with the beds at POFQ. In fact, I woke up in less pain there then I had in a long time.

Have to agree with this which didn't occur to me really until I returned home, now considering buying a new firmer mattress for the house!

When we were there in April, the CM I spoke to at check out indicated that they were replacing many of the older mattresses. So hopefully, the issue I experienced won't be a going concern for others.

We were there just after the refurb and the mattresses were quite firm and comfortable. That has been a couple years so please do call and make that request.

Wow, thanks for all the replies! You guys RAWK! Going to give the request a try - I'll report back with the results.

Thanks so much.

:disrocks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter