Port Orleans-3 reservations question?

Minnie404

Mouseketeer
Wondering if anyone has had to do this before-we struggled to find a room for early Nov-anyway we are there Nov 3-8. I was able to get a garden view from nov 5-8 and then nov 3. Today I got it also for sat nov 4. I did try to do it from nov 3-8 again but no rooms came up. It seems sometimes it works better looking for individual dates. All 5 nights will be in a garden view room-but I have 3 separate reservations. Do I call to see if Disney can link them all the together or just leave it and hope we don't have to switch rooms 3 diff times. Last year we had two separate reservations at cbr-we didn't have to switch rooms but we did have problems with the magic bands on the day we were supposed to check out in the middle of the trip. Just wondering if anyone else has gone through this and what u have done.

I would call, we were having the problem of we could get a reservation 9/17-9/24 but not 9/17-9/21(our dates) we called and they were able to get our dates for us. This far out they haven't assigned rooms so linking the reservation shouldn't be a problem for guest services.

As long as all three reservations are for exactly the same room category you can call and let them know you have three continuing reservations. While there's no guarantee that you will be able to stay in the same room at least the room assigner will know you have consecutive reservations. When you arrive at the resort let the castmember at the front desk know as well. You might have to go to the front desk to check out/in on the first day of each reservation.

Wondering if anyone has had to do this before-we struggled to find a room for early Nov-anyway we are there Nov 3-8. I was able to get a garden view from nov 5-8 and then nov 3. Today I got it also for sat nov 4. I did try to do it from nov 3-8 again but no rooms came up. It seems sometimes it works better looking for individual dates. All 5 nights will be in a garden view room-but I have 3 separate reservations. Do I call to see if Disney can link them all the together or just leave it and hope we don't have to switch rooms 3 diff times. Last year we had two separate reservations at cbr-we didn't have to switch rooms but we did have problems with the magic bands on the day we were supposed to check out in the middle of the trip. Just wondering if anyone else has gone through this and what u have done.
How did this turn out for you? I have the same situation, but with five. Was going to try to call soon, but have been trying to find info online... there is just not much on how inventory and continuing reservations work!

I'm not sure this is the same situation but we had a package and then a room only for our last night. When I checked in they were linked together to stay in the same room however when my room only started I had to line up in the check in line and check out and then check in. It was a pain because I was in a long line and it took a little under 30 minutes because it was yesterday (Sunday which is their busy day).

How did this turn out for you? I have the same situation, but with five. Was going to try to call soon, but have been trying to find info online... there is just not much on how inventory and continuing reservations work!
So I have tried to call but the waits have been crazy long-I spoke to customer service and she made a note on my account but then transferred me to guest services but it was another 45 min wait and I had already been on hold for so long. I called back today to see if I could get transferred but the wait was 90 min she said she couldn't give me a direct number but she did give me an email to reach out to them-guest.communications@disneyworld.com.

So I'm trying that first but if I can't get it figured out I'll be calling again when I have a couple of hours to spare

I can tell you it is so crazy at Disney resorts now because of the hurricane and a lot of people from all over Florida coming to stay there because they have no power. Lots of people cancelled or flights were cancelled and they have been showing up since Wednesday. Also they moved everyone out of Fort Wilderness (I think on either Thurs 7th or Friday 8th) and moved them to the different resorts and it is still closed. I think once this all calms down (and hopefully Maria stays away) you will have no trouble speaking to someone without waiting so long.

So I have tried to call but the waits have been crazy long-I spoke to customer service and she made a note on my account but then transferred me to guest services but it was another 45 min wait and I had already been on hold for so long. I called back today to see if I could get transferred but the wait was 90 min she said she couldn't give me a direct number but she did give me an email to reach out to them-guest.communications@disneyworld.com.

So I'm trying that first but if I can't get it figured out I'll be calling again when I have a couple of hours to spare
I waited on hold last night and was told I'd need to check in and out every time. They try to keep you in the same room but there is no certainty. Could not provide an estimate of how often people had to move vs. stay. Basically get them to make notes and talk to the front desk upon arrival. I was told I had to physically check out at the front desk each time, which might be an issue for us. Trying to decide what to do...

I really hope to not have to check in and out each time-we had two ressies at cbr last year one with a discount one without and I didn't have to do anything. So I'm hoping it is Like that. I'm gonna continue to check in case I can get them all on one.

We had a week booked at POFQ in February. When I went to book our flights, it was actually cheaper to book an extra night than it was to fly in on a Friday! We have a river view booked for that original week which wasn't available for the Thursday night so we booked a different category, garden or standard. When we arrived for check in they had us in the same room that first night that we would be in for the rest of the week. Bit of an upgrade which was nice and we didn't have to check out and back in again. So it's possible, even if they say it's not always.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter