• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port of Miami hotel recommendations

condomom

Earning My Ears
We are sailing out of Miami next month but flying into FLL, any hotel recommendations? Family of 4, would love free breakfast.

We‘re staying at the Hampton by MIA, so I can’t help with a specific hotel, but I can offer my thought process. Hotels near the port are more expensive than those near the airports. I opted for a hotel that has a free shuttle from the airport, because I’m not worried about having to wait. I decided it made more sense to pay for a Lyft to the port so I had more control on timing.

I do wish that I had found a hotel near the airport that was in walking distance to food and a grocery store. Our only food option for dinner will be a hotel or to order food. I’m going to order wine and water from Amazon Fresh.

Next month will be our 3rd time sailing from Miami since January. The first time it was just two adults and we decided we didn't want to rent a car for just one day before the cruise so we opted for a hotel near the airport that had a free shuttle to hotel. We stayed at Courtyard Marriott Airport. It is in a complex with many other Marriott properties. We found a nice restaurant called Latin Cafe about a 10 minute walk from the hotel. We had dinner there and then breakfast the next morning. We took an Uber to the port for about $15.00 for the 2 of us. We had a free Marriott hotel night so used that for the hotel stay. If I was stayed any more than 1 night I would have rented a car.

In April I cruised with my friend and we stayed at the EB Hotel near the airport which was one of the hotels that DCL uses for their transfers to the port. We opted to take DCL transfers from the EB Hotel ($21pp). We did not book the hotel through Disney but I booked it with Chase points. I asked DCL if I could still take the transfers since I didn't book with them and they said of course. Upon check in I mentioned we would be taking the DCL transfers the next day but was not given any info. The next morning we had a knock on our door with a guy who wanted to pick up our luggage for the cruise. We apologized as we had not been informed what time luggage pick up was but he said he would be back in about 20 minutes. We packed up quick and handed over our luggage when he came back. The DCL rep met everyone in the lobby and she had luggage tags for the people that never got them in the mail. We left the hotel about 10:15 and we were at the port about 10:40 or so. Hotel was nice but we liked the pool at the Marriott better. EB Hotel has a shuttle from the airport but we waited about 25 minutes for it and had to make 2 calls to the hotel.

Our trip next month is us plus our daughter, her husband and our toddler granddaughter. We are flying in the day before. We decided to stay at the Courtyard Marriott again. We are not lugging a car seat so our plan is to take the hotel shuttle from MIA to hotel, take the hotel shuttle back to MIA morning of the cruise (only 2 miles away) and take DCL transfers to the port. This way a car seat was not needed in any transportation. We will either have dinner at the hotel sports bar or walk back to the Latin Cafe.

MJ

We are flying in the day before and will arrive mid morning, early flight out of Boston. We’re staying at the Holiday Inn at Port Miami. This will give us a little time to see Miami, the Bayside Market place. There are a bunch of places to eat, and other things to keep us busy for the day and night before the cruise. Planning on taking a taxi from the airport (they have standard rates) and either taxi or Lyft to the port in am. Looking forward to this trip next month

We flew into FLL and stayed in FLL at the Embassy Suites (they have free breakfast). The flight was cheaper and the hotel was cheaper than going to/staying in Miami. The Embassy has a shuttle to and from the airport and to and from the Miami port. It was $10 per person for the airport shuttle and $25 per person for the Miami port shuttle ride. We just did this last week (both ways) and it was seamless. We enjoyed the hotel and the shuttle service was perfect!

The Embassy is also a great location for restaurants and grocery stores in walking distance. We bought some water to take on the ship with us and to have at the hotel (we were there for two days), so easy!

We stayed at the Hampton Inn--Blue Lagoon. There was a Publix, liquor store and several restaurants in walking distance. A free shuttle that runs on the top of the hour is offered from the MIA airport. The hotel will also make a reservation for you on a shuttle to the port for $11/person. The earliest pickup is 11 am.

The Embassy Suites mentioned above seems like a good idea if flying into FLL.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn--Blue Lagoon. There was a Publix, liquor store and several restaurants in walking distance. A free shuttle that runs on the top of the hour is offered from the MIA airport. The hotel will also make a reservation for you on a shuttle to the port for $11/person. The earliest pickup is 11 am.

The Embassy Suites mentioned above seems like a good idea if flying into FLL.
I didn't even think about liquor because it didn't relate to us but there was a Totally Wine and More store plus a Crown Wine and Spirits store within walking distance plus with both Winn Dixie and Publix which I think may have also sold beer there was a good variety within walking distance of the Embassy. Honestly, we could not have been more pleased with our selection (okay shhh it was my selection but everyone was happy). Now, we did have a couple of issues while we were there....a pipe started leaking in our of our rooms and the TV didn't work in another but both of those issues were corrected almost instantly and we became great friends with the maintenance man who was very polite, kind and efficient. For us, it isn't about something going wrong it's about how efficiently things are handled and we were quite pleased with how things went.

This past May prior to the Transatlantic cruise we flew into FLL, uber to Miami, and stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites. Easy uber the next day to the port and breakfast buffet way good. There is also a Starbuck's within walking distance.

We are flying in the day before and will arrive mid morning, early flight out of Boston. We’re staying at the Holiday Inn at Port Miami. This will give us a little time to see Miami, the Bayside Market place. There are a bunch of places to eat, and other things to keep us busy for the day and night before the cruise. Planning on taking a taxi from the airport (they have standard rates) and either taxi or Lyft to the port in am. Looking forward to this trip next month

We just stayed here on June 6 and I honestly would not recommend this hotel. Our room was dirty and it smelled horrible. There were no other rooms available so nothing could be done. The hotel in general is old and worn down. I would not stay here again. It was very convenient to shopping though.

We have sailed out of Miami three times with a fourth coming up the end of June. First trip FLL, Courtyard by Marriott on the beach. Loved it. Took a cab to the port in the morning. Second - South Beach. Never again. Could not walk on sidewalks due to crowds and ended up buying dinner at CVS. Third - this past March in the EB hotel, which has the DCL shuttle. Could not get the "free" shuttle from airport to the hotel after several calls so after more than half hour had to take a cab. The hotel was not child friendly and pricey. The room design was a bit strange. Very contemporary and not functional. Our next trip we are again flying into FLL and staying at the Courtyard on the Beach. The price is good and the location is pleasant. we will arrange for a van to the port.

We stayed at the EB in November and had no issues with the shuttle from MIA. We liked it. For our Sept trip, the EB is pretty high and also we'll have a much earlier flight. This time we're trying the Marriott Biscayne Bay. Our room will have a view of the port. I'm looking forward to waking up in the morning with a view of the Dream. :cloud9: :lovestruc
There is some exterior construction going on but noise is only expected 9-5. That really doesn't bother me. It's within walking distance of a Ferrari dealership which dh will love, and a Publix to buy some water for the cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter