Port Canaveral Restaurant

Lawdawg

Mouseketeer
Couldn’t find a recent post on this, and the way restaurants come and go, I was hoping to have a perspective of someone who has been there recently. We usually stay at a WDW resort the night before our cruises, but we have 7 of us going this time and are going to stay at the Homewood Suites in Canaveral before. Any good restaurant recommendations to eat the night before? Thanks.

I haven't been there myself but I always wanted to eat at Fishlips and watch other ships leave the port. You could look up what ships are leaving that afternoon and see if your dinner schedule can coincide.

Florida Seafood is a bit of a drive, maybe 15 minutes, but it has really, really good food and cheap prices.

As for right on the port, Fishlips is fine, as is Rusty's, which is typical bar food and drinks.

If it were up to me, I would put the effort into getting to Florida Seafood.

Normally I would also vote for Fishlips (or other at the port). What better way to start a DCL vacation but to watch the ships, especially another Disney ship head out to sea. Saw in your signature that you are scheduled for Dream b2b. Either way you start your trip the Fantasy is not in port the day before so while you might see other ships, you will not have a Disney ship. The food is ok and it is fun there but probably I would try somewhere else based on the ship schedule.

If you opt for Fishlips, be aware that it can get busy. Oh and you MUST MUST MUST MUST!!!! try either the Lobster Bisque (my favourite) or the Clam Chowder (DH's favourite). Both are awesome! Okay, we're landlubbers, but it really is awesome.

My family very much enjoyed sitting outside at Fishlips the night we disembarked. The food and atmosphere were great.

I haven't been there myself but I always wanted to eat at Fishlips and watch other ships leave the port. You could look up what ships are leaving that afternoon and see if your dinner schedule can coincide.
We did this in May and watched the Dream, Norwegian Sun and a Carnival ship leave the day prior to us leaving on the Fantasy!! It was a lot of fun.

Does anyone know which restaurants might be open on Thanksgiving night for dinner? My wife and I will be getting on the Dream on Black Friday and are staying in Port Canaveral the night before.

Does anyone know which restaurants might be open on Thanksgiving night for dinner? My wife and I will be getting on the Dream on Black Friday and are staying in Port Canaveral the night before.

I did a quick internet search for the restaurants mentioned in this thread. I thought maybe I'd find info from past years, but did not. Since Thanksgiving is still a few months away, it's probably best to just to reach out to the restaurants directly. I'm sure hotel restaurants will stay open.

Florida Seafood is a bit of a drive, maybe 15 minutes, but it has really, really good food and cheap prices.

As for right on the port, Fishlips is fine, as is Rusty's, which is typical bar food and drinks.

If it were up to me, I would put the effort into getting to Florida Seafood.
Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter