Port Arrival Time when using Disney transportation?

3littlecuties

DIS Veteran
I just checked in for our cruise and I wanted to get an early port arrival time but it says that there is no assigned time because we are using Disney transportation from a Disney World hotel to the port. What time will Disney get us to the port? I'm hoping that it is early!

Your pickup at a Disney hotel will be sometime between about 10-12:30PM. You won't be one of the first on, definitely.

Ugh! That stinks! I was hoping for an earlier boarding. My last disney cruise we were on the ship by 11:00 or so. We drove into the port that time. Would it be better to cancel the Disney transportation and arrange our own travel?

Ugh! That stinks! I was hoping for an earlier boarding. My last disney cruise we were on the ship by 11:00 or so. We drove into the port that time. Would it be better to cancel the Disney transportation and arrange our own travel?
IF you want to get on the ship early. Personally, we don't mind getting to the port later and going directly to our stateroom to drop off our stuff before lunch.

Sorry...I put a silly emoji after my comment and it didn’t come through so my comment sounded snotty. Not that eating that late will be the end of the world. I was just hoping to eat closer to 12:00 and get started on enjoying the cruise!

You will get all sorts of answers depending on individual likes and dislikes. Personally, I like arriving ASAP and do not mind waiting in the terminal. My son loves it and never was a problem in that sort of situation, unlike some other kids. Of course, I never get to wait in line at security since I use the DCL shuttle from MCO.

If I had to wait for an hour outside the terminal to get through security, I would choose to arrive after 11:30. If I was staying at WDW, I would probably use Uber/Lyft with a pickup around 10:45. But since you didn’t get to pick a PAT at first when you checked in, maybe the early PATs are now gone, resulting in you getting a high boarding group anyway.

You will get all sorts of answers depending on individual likes and dislikes. Personally, I like arriving ASAP and do not mind waiting in the terminal. My son loves it and never was a problem in that sort of situation, unlike some other kids. Of course, I never get to wait in line at security since I use the DCL shuttle from MCO.

If I had to wait for an hour outside the terminal to get through security, I would choose to arrive after 11:30. If I was staying at WDW, I would probably use Uber/Lyft with a pickup around 10:45. But since you didn’t get to pick a PAT at first when you checked in, maybe the early PATs are now gone, resulting in you getting a high boarding group anyway.

Hmm...since I checked in early (because I’ve cruised with Disney before), I would hope there would still be early times available. Unfortunately my sister, brother, and SIL (who I’m going with) all want to stick with Disney transportation so it looks like I have no choice. I’ll just hope for the best!

My last disney cruise we were on the ship by 11:00 or so.

Boarding doesn't usually begin until 11:15 or 11:30, and starts with Platinum CC members and concierge level guests. You may have arrived at the port around 11am and been onboard before noon if you had an early PAT.

Taking DCL transfers from MCO will arrive earlier than transfer from WDW resorts. The first bus (maybe 2) from MCO typically arrives prior to the terminal opening while guests who arrive by other transportation are waiting outside. You could take ME back to the airport and catch the DCL bus from there. Some people have done it; it sounds like a lot of travel for me so I personally would not. But it is an option if you want to stick with DCL transfers but arrive earlier.

Enjoy your cruise!

I don't personally enjoy the cruise if I have to wait in line or haul my carry on bag around until my room is ready. We once arrived early at the terminal (friends picked us up from hotel) and we had to stand in line in the parking garage, wait in the terminal with people pressed up around me (literally pressed up to me), and then had to push my way through people who tried to block me from boarding (boarded Platinum) and shoved me around. Then we had to shove our bags under the table when eating and I kept tripping over them, then we had to haul them around the ship while waiting for our room. Ugh. I much prefer arriving at open boarding time or after. Using DCL transfers we've usually arrived anywhere between 1-2 pm. I think once we arrived at about noon but then ended up waiting in a long line to get through security so that wasn't any better IMO.

Whether you'll get on any sooner if you cancel your transfers will depend on whether or not there are any earlier PATs available.

There are different times for different resorts. When we stayed at Kidani, we got to the ship earlier than when we stayed at OKW. At OKW, we did not leave until almost 1 pm. Some people were late in getting to our bus.

Since that last time, we always take alternate transportation to the port and we use DCL transportation coming off the ship.

Here's an option I have used to arrive at the terminal early and use Disney transportation. You can take the Magical Express to the airport early since you are staying in a Disney hotel, then you catch the Disney transfer at the airport. We thought it was fine since we wake up early and would rather hang around the port than at the resort. I wouldn't do it with kids or large luggage, and it wouldn't be as convenient as a straight shot from WDW, but I would do it this way again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter