Port adventure recommendations for all three ports - Mexican Riviera

swimfin

DIS Veteran
Hello! I’m looking for any recommendations you may have for the Mexican Riviera… I’m also specifically looking at the canopy adventure and Zipline adventure in Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta. Wondering about the sailing and snorkeling in Cabo too! Cheers!

following along
I’ve booked luxury sail in Cabo and then extreme zip canopy for puerta but would love to hear others thoughts

We’re usually water activity people, but we did this one in Mazatlán, and it was the best excursion of the cruise.

Old Mazatlán Walking Tour (MZ06)​

We’re usually water activity people, but we did this one in Mazatlán, and it was the best excursion of the cruise.

THANK YOU!!! Do you mind me asking what you did in Cabo and PV? Cheers!

THANK YOU!!! Do you mind me asking what you did in Cabo and PV? Cheers!
We did a snorkeling excursion in Cabo - can’t remember which one, but it was just Ok. I will admit that we we thought Cabo was one of the most annoying ports we’ve ever visited between the super aggressive locals at the pier and pretty much everywhere in town (in addition to the hard sales pitches, be sure not to fall for the trick where they try to force you or your kids to hold an iguana then insist you pay them for that privilege), and the overall college spring break vibe that we outgrew quite a few years ago.
In Puerta Vallarta, we did Yelapa & Majahuitas (PV28). We enjoyed the places we visited (good snorkeling, a neat little town and a very pretty waterfall). But it was a long day, totaling about 3 hours out and back on the catamaran, and the hike is pretty hilly so you need to be prepared for that.
Hope this helps!

We did a snorkeling excursion in Cabo - can’t remember which one, but it was just Ok. I will admit that we we thought Cabo was one of the most annoying ports we’ve ever visited between the super aggressive locals at the pier and pretty much everywhere in town (in addition to the hard sales pitches, be sure not to fall for the trick where they try to force you or your kids to hold an iguana then insist you pay them for that privilege), and the overall college spring break vibe that we outgrew quite a few years ago.
In Puerta Vallarta, we did Yelapa & Majahuitas (PV28). We enjoyed the places we visited (good snorkeling, a neat little town and a very pretty waterfall). But it was a long day, totaling about 3 hours out and back on the catamaran, and the hike is pretty hilly so you need to be prepared for that.
Hope this helps!
THIS is VERY HELPFUL!! THANK YOU!! We decided on a local group of women, Cabo Nature, for whale watching in Cabo.

THANK YOU again for this recommendation!! We just got back from our cruise and THIS WAS INCREDIBLE!! Erick and Arturo were the BEST tour guides too!! I HIGHLY recommend this tour! THANK YOU!!

THANK YOU again for this recommendation!! We just got back from our cruise and THIS WAS INCREDIBLE!! Erick and Arturo were the BEST tour guides too!! I HIGHLY recommend this tour! THANK YOU!!
You’re welcome - glad you had such a good time!

I had to read the description, and it doesn't say much beyond sightseeing. But now I gotta know, why was this tour particularly good?

Stone island beach day on your own at Mazatlan. Off the ship short walk left out of here. Board a $3 water taxi then walk to any beachside restaurant for a free lounger as long as you and or drink. Best day of the trip

I had to read the description, and it doesn't say much beyond sightseeing. But now I gotta know, why was this tour particularly good?
For us it was the genuine kindness of our two guides and the knowledge of the history in the area. They didn’t rush us through our tour and ALWAYS offered to take anyone back if it was getting to be too long. Our group decided to stay longer when offered and we were able to keep our nice leisurely pace. They even offered to change a few things at the end and our group was all for it! They pointed out details connected to local life and history that would be missed if rushing through. The authenticity was evident and it wasn’t a superficial tour. We felt very comfortable asking questions and stayed in the area being discussed until everyone’s curiosity was satisfied! 🤣😂 If you like history I’d do this is a heartbeat!

In PV I recommend Las Caletas. There are so many activities to do there. It would be helpful to know the age range of your traveling party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter