• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POR Riverside

cassie

<font color=green>I did run free in the 70's<br><f
I'm going in August with my grandaughter for her 16th birthday. I was there a few years ago and loved it. But no,w how is the resort? We have requested Alligator Bayou. I love the boat to DTD. Anyone been there recently?

It's one of my favorites. Every time we go it's like an old friend. Expect the same great resort as before. I've been going since it was Dixie Landings, I miss the name, It seemed a more fitting name, for this laid back resort.

We were there in 2006 and loved it! So we are going back to POR this year--can't wait!

We have stayed there the past two years at Thanksgiving and love it. Can't wait to go back this year.:banana:

we stayed at CBR and didn't like it, too big/spread out... we stayed at POFQ and loved the nice compact size, so i'll admit i was afraid of staying at POR for the same reason as disliking CBR, but were "forced" to because we were traveling w/friends who were a family of 5 and didn't want a deluxe or AMoSuites... so we stayed at POR last year and well, we're going back this year... so i guess that says WE LOVED IT!! :)

We stayed at POR September 2009 we loved it - the buses are good not too long of a wait - the only thing we found disappointing was the Boatwright thought the food was terrible there - so after one meal we stuck w/the CS

We also love POR. We are doing a split stay this year between BC and POR. We always stay in the AB section as we are a family of five. The resort has been recently renovated in the AB section, which makes for a nice stay. We enjoy all the amenties that POR has. Like the boat to downtown. We are staying 14 nights at POR so that is saying a lot just in itself. We can't wait to get there:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

We loved Alligator Bayou and didn't like Magnolia Bend. The second time we went, we requested Alligator Bayou again, but did not receive it because there were just 2 of us and they were putting only families of 5 in those rooms because of the trundle. Due to this, we won't book there again because we just don't want to risk staying at Magnolia Bend. Maybe when we have more kids....

What a wonderful birthday present! My Dh and I went to POR 6 years ago for our 15th anniversary, and loved it so much we brought our children there 3 years ago. The shaded walkways are lovely, the pool just right, and the food portions at supper time generous. We especially loved the boat to DTD. Your Grand Daughter might like to rent a water craft. We need an extra bed this time, or we would be staying there again.

Have a great trip!

Our choices POR or POFQ -

We have 2 teens-> DS will be 19 and DD will be 16

We like the small size of POFQ - but feel the POFQ pool is a bit kiddie themed.
The POR pool seems more my teens styles.

If we go to the POR pool around 5 PM - will it be very crowded - or will some familes be out of the pool and getting ready for dinner ?

Would a 9 AM swim be better ?

How late is the POR pool open till ? Could we swim at 7 PM ? - Maybe less crowds in the later afternoon - dinner hour time ?

Our choices POR or POFQ -

We have 2 teens-> DS will be 19 and DD will be 16

We like the small size of POFQ - but feel the POFQ pool is a bit kiddie themed.
The POR pool seems more my teens styles.

If we go to the POR pool around 5 PM - will it be very crowded - or will some familes be out of the pool and getting ready for dinner ?

Would a 9 AM swim be better ?

How late is the POR pool open till ? Could we swim at 7 PM ? - Maybe less crowds in the later afternoon - dinner hour time ?

We have swam at all different times and it seems the most crowded in the evening, but never so crowded that you couldn't swim. They have several quiet pools at POR and those are never crowded. I can't remember the exact time the pool closed, but I think it is at 11pm, however, the slide closes before that. Have a great trip:thumbsup2

We also love POR. We are doing a split stay this year between BC and POR. We always stay in the AB section as we are a family of five. The resort has been recently renovated in the AB section, which makes for a nice stay. We enjoy all the amenties that POR has. Like the boat to downtown. We are staying 14 nights at POR so that is saying a lot just in itself. We can't wait to get there:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

We are looking into traveling with friends next year to POR and staying in alligator bayou section. They have a family of 5.. Do you have any pictures of the newly renovated rooms? THANKS SO MUCH!

Disneysmyhappyplace - tyhank you so much on the pool recommendations.

If we decide on staying at POFQ - we will swim in the POFQ in the early AM (9 AM or before if it opens earlier) - Then in the late afternoon, if we wish to go to a pool, it will be POR's pool. The 10 minute wlak to POR from POFQ, is fine with us. :goodvibes

Thank you for the pool suggestions.

We are counting the days to our return to POR this September. We really enjoyed the atmosphere and the pool.

We loved POR last year and are staying there in two weeks! We like AB a bit more, but due to a mix up stayed one night at MB last year, and it was fine. The styling just seems more like a typical hotel, so we like the AB theme better.

Does anyone know about how long the ME takes to get from MCO to POR?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter