POR refurb?

TOBS2010

A dream is a wish your heart makes...
We stayed at POR last summer and they seemed to be well underway with all the room refurbs. We have a trip planned for there again to stay in the preferred room section this summer. I was under the impression that these refurbs were all completed/would be completed by now. Is this not the case? If so, any idea when it will be wrapped up?

They're not done yet. They have only finished the 30s buildings in the Alligator Bayou section. My understanding is that the rest of AG (20s then teens) is next, then the Mansions. The refurb is set to re-start in March (it's currently on hold), so I'm sorry to say that I'm not sure if all the preferred buildings will be done by your visit.

I swore they just did refurbs at POR just a few years ago? Why are they doing now?
It's mostly soft goods. They are putting in that wood-like laminate flooring, changing the color scheme a bit and putting up different shower curtains, headboards, and curtains to separate the bathroom area from the rest of the room. Nothing all that dramatic.

Thanks all! I am shocked that they still aren't done with these. I thought for sure that they would be completed by now. Will have to consider changing hotels. Staying in a redone room was of definite interest to us.

Thanks all! I am shocked that they still aren't done with these. I thought for sure that they would be completed by now. Will have to consider changing hotels. Staying in a redone room was of definite interest to us.
They were supposed to be done last year, but I guess they had higher occupancy rates and had to stop the refurbs. They did the same thing at All Star Movies.

They should've been, but put everything on hold during the holiday season. Have you looked at POFQ? All of those rooms are finished...

Hate the new headboards at Alligator Bayou. I think AB had the best looking rooms on property before the last refurb. After the refurb, the rooms were still very nice. But the new beds just kills the rustic feel of the rooms. The rest of the room is ok. Not nearly as white and sterile as the Values, but slowly going down that path.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter